NameSilo

Mein Hosting

Spaceship
Watch
I warn you now, Don't order from Mein Hosting.
Not only are they asking me to pay £5.00 just to get one database backup, they don't understand my point. This is a issue between the owner of the reseller account and Mein Hosting. Mein Hosting clames that there is 12 people out of about 50 being involved with 'illegal activity'. I don't belive that that many would do that.

Basicly Mein Hosting wants extra money through putting 50 peoples at ransom.
There support is poor, they have canned replies to do with what the first person had typed.

All I wanted to do is move my files over to a new host when I found out I left a database behind, I need this for my forum. Or should I say mein files and mein forum.

Save the worry, don't buy from Mein Hosting.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've been trying to help Greg resolve this throughout, and I have to say, they are being completely unreasonable, and provided very poor customer support.

•••
Thanks for your support Tom, I don't know what and how to do next.
I don't seem to be getting anywhere.

•••
Well, hopefully, they may see the thread here, and decide to sort it out, rather than their name be tarnished, for something that will take them 5 minutes to do...

Or, you could link them here?

•••
Good idea Tom, I am sure they wouldn't like there name being killed by me!

•••
Yeah i think that would be an excellent idea for them to get their eyes open again .

•••
They don't seem to care.
They keep on closing the ticket.

UPDATE - They say then are deleting my account in one hour if I don't pay £10GBP......

•••
•••
I
danielle said:
I have the same problem

I've actually been helping Daniel here to get back his files too from Mein Hosting. Supposedly,they sent him an email saying he has 6 hours to pay $40 to get back his files, and his account was also terminated without reason until he pays.

Obviously, it's a scam company, the only way to handle it is to contact the hoster of meinhosting.com -->

Here's what I found::

MeinHosting.com 72.36.132.178

which is hosted by
LAYEREDTECH.COM

OrgAbuseHandle: LAT-ARIN
OrgAbuseName: LT Abuse Team
OrgAbusePhone: +1-972-398-7998
OrgAbuseEmail: [email protected]

If everyone can contact [email protected] I'm sure they'll respond and take necessary action ASAP! It's even better to call them and complain about meinhosting.com and their questionable business practices to get a faster response...

•••
I've been helping Greg. I called LT (I have servers there) and spoke w/ Todd, the owner. We gotta email abuse@, there's no other way.

I also tried calling the whois number for this dude. I can't get through.

•••
What did Todd say, nothing useful? He won't respond until they email abuse@?

•••
This is a real stress for me, Scott has been a wonderful help to me.
I hope this all gets sorted, I only asked for one MySQL backup now I have all of this.
I can't belive I left this file behind when I backed up the other day.
Without it I can run my forum. Thanks again Scott.

•••
PolurNET said:
What did Todd say, nothing useful? He won't respond until they email abuse@?

Nothing useful. I'm on hold at PayPal to try and get some details.

•••
I'm surprised LT doesn't handle the situation better, usually datacenters take complaints more seriously. Perhaps try and get transferred to the abuse department?

•••
Todd is the owner. If he can't help, no one will. They're not abusing their network, so as far as they're concerned, there's no issue that requires immediate attention.

As I thought, PayPal were as helpful as usual. Lame.

•••
Hmmph, what a great company that actually takes complaints seriously... :td:

Yeah, PayPal is as helpful as calling a farm asking for support :bah:

No other ways of action, I presume? Scammers should not get away with these things

•••
•••
Did anyone ever warn you to NEVER buy hosting off ebay?

•••
I didn't, I had a account with Hasif's reseller account.
Ohh and by the way Hasif, I want my 150NP$ back.

•••
I have just sent an email to the datacenter. Now its to just site and hope.

•••
Danielle, who did you buy your hosting off of?
Mein Hosting or a reseller?

•••
GJ Online said:

Same here, except I used forum dollars on another forum. Funny thing is, I told him to refund my "money" everyday and he just ignored me. Then I told him the account was canceled, he came up with an excuse. Then all of the sudden he refunded me.

•••
azt wehich forum was that are they still there?

•••
azt said:
GJ Online said:

Same here, except I used forum dollars on another forum. Funny thing is, I told him to refund my "money" everyday and he just ignored me. Then I told him the account was canceled, he came up with an excuse. Then all of the sudden he refunded me.

Hasif has been closed with my NP$ still in his account.
I ordered with freenicehost who was Hasif and it seems that freenicehost has been deleted. Ron, possibly you clear this up for us.

•••
GJ Online said:
Hasif has been closed with my NP$ still in his account.
I ordered with freenicehost who was Hasif and it seems that freenicehost has been deleted. Ron, possibly you clear this up for us.

I confronted Hasif on the forum I was talking about (I'm a mod there)
After I bought the hosting from him, I found the thread about him on NP. His account was suspended because of excessive warning points, and he was offering hosting on the other forum in exchange for NP$, so I asked him how he was planning on doing that, with a suspended account. He said that his name wasn't hasif on NP (even though everything matched, including his username on my forum) and when I called him out, he said RJ let him get another username. Very confusing, I'm just glad I got the refund. I'm going to go make sure he doesn't get any more sales on that forum.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back