Dynadot

.biz .Me or .Biz?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
i know, i know, it's not a .com--however, it is 1 word and it could work as a blog with .me. Or, if you wanted to start a business (.biz) the keyword works too--but better for .me.

which has a potential higher value? I think i want to keep this one for a while. But, i wouldn't turn down good offers.

ty in advance! Sorry to be cryptic, haven't purchased yet.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you are going to develop then get both.

•••
Unless it's an outstanding domain name, they're both pretty much useless for resale potential. Only of use if you develop either. Use .me as a personal site and .biz for a commercial site.

•••
consulting the forum saved me money! thanks guys. Sometimes, you already know the answer but you have to "hear" yourself ask it. Thanks guys! i chose the .me for development.

I've never owned a .biz. I never even visit .biz sites. Are there any well known or trustworthy .biz out there?

•••
With .biz you will have better ranking because is gTLD
.me is ccTLD (Montenegro)

•••
This is your typical "pick your poison" question. There are no right answers. There needs to be a "C" option of "Neither" and you should pick "C". IMO.

•••
MicroGuy-- We'll see when I receive the highest ever bid in history for a .me (give me 2 years!)

:-P

•••
HI

If the name suits the extension go for it... example..

Kiss.me
Date.me
Join.me

Online.Biz

Does the name suit the extension.

•••
I don't know any leading .biz companies.

However, dotme which launched right at the time of the global financial meltdown, continues to spawn leading companies, some venture-funded, many Silicon Valley companies, including, unfuddle.me, formspring.me (now the 6th largest social networking site), attachments.me, about.me (which was acquired by AOL for a enormous amount - about.me was founded by Tony Conrad, one of the top entrepreneurs who's started and sold companies for over a billion dollars, and the founder of Sphere.com, which he also sold to AOL), a leading dating site youand.me, and several sites used by Naver, the leading portal and search engine in South Korea)

If you want to start a company and can get a great name, go with DOTCOM. If not available, I'd go with dotme. But you better have a solid product. ME is good for branding and carries weight these days in funding circles, but without a great product, the extension won't matter.

•••
nametrekker--thanks for the background. I think I do have a great service, and .me works better than even .com for it. But, I agree. .Me is for branding, and works well with dating and lifestyle sites. Aside from the names you mentioned, and those purchased by end-users who have a product in mind that fits an existing .me , a .me without a concept won't go for resale.

•••
Would you mind telling us the domain you got? I'm curious now... :)

•••
I will reveal once developed. I'm a journalist/writer by trade--and talking about a project before I start it is a big jinx! Besides, its something that needs explaining--so not ready for criticism yet lol

•••
Would you mind telling us the domain you got? I'm curious now... :)

Im curious as well. Also I would get .me for personal but if you are doing business don't just get .biz get both.

•••
•••
•••
•••
I would have to agree with the dot biz +1 one crowd...lol

jmo

•••
•••
It's a tie: they both lose.

•••
It's a tie: they both lose.

I disagree Randy. Sure there are better extensions, especially as far as resale goes but as a great domainer and friend once told me "there is no such thing as a bad extension, just bad names"

Of course a lot is dependent on the OP's name of choice, but if I had to chose between the two, it would be dot biz because it is a gtld.

•••
One thing not to forget is average joe knows .biz more than .me and this worldwide.

•••
I suppose that .biz will be much more reasonable for you.. it will give you more profit.

•••
I was just commenting on which I'd prefer. Now with myself, for development, I'd prefer a .us over biz/me but that could just be me. If I had to choose between me/biz, I'd chose the latter. .biz is known worldwide; .me isn't. :)

I disagree Randy. Sure there are better extensions, especially as far as resale goes but as a great domainer and friend once told me "there is no such thing as a bad extension, just bad names"

Of course a lot is dependent on the OP's name of choice, but if I had to chose between the two, it would be dot biz because it is a gtld.

•••
i would say .COM buy who am i to tell you, it's just something i like more than .biz and .me , but if .com domain you want is used, go with me and biz then

•••
Between those two, .me.

With this

"
With .biz you will have better ranking because is gTLD
.me is ccTLD (Montenegro)

.me is considered by Google as Global too and it ranks just fine. I only have 1 .me site I've developed, no issues.

What was brought up in a post above. I can't think of any .biz sites but I can with .me because more startups use it, it's a more social web nowadays, press wise I see more sites with .me than .biz etc.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back