Domain Empire

.biz Do .biz Sell?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi, I am seeing not a lot of demand for .biz, but was wondering if they do sell to endusers?

Have you sold a .biz yet?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
alot of keyword .biz drop on the regular, i think .biz is only going more and more downhill imo
i own none, had one but sold it for a couple dollars more than reg fee...
depends on the domain as always with any extension!! :\

•••
True , some strong .biz Got sold on very nice figures , but again - most end users will go after .com

•••
I picked one up for $18 and sold it for $500 a few days later..That was around mid-December. Hope this helps answer your question :)

•••
Thanks everyone for the replies. I was asking as I found some popular keywords avail in that extension.

FPForum: Mind sharing the url, or niche?

•••
There's a straight forward answer to it, it just depends on how good of a salesperson you are, period!

•••
FPForum: nice, can you post here name of that domain?

•••
There's a straight forward answer to it, it just depends on how good of a salesperson you are, period!
It does also depend on the quality of the .biz domain you are selling.

I have some success over the years selling .biz domains. The most I've ever spent on a .biz was $70. I resold that domain several weeks later for mid $xxx. If you are going to go after .biz domains, be very selective and don't spend very much IMO.

•••
I sold one for $100 a couple of months ago and received a mid $XXX offer for another in December. I now have fewer than ten .biz domains but as others have stated you need to be extremely selective. One rarely sees .biz domains make the DNJournal sales report.

•••
I've sold quite a few 3 letter biz to small biz end users in the mid $xxx to low $x,xxx range but sales have been very slow for about a year now. Hoping it will pick back up this year along with the economy....

•••
I have sold several .BIZ in the last year. Several in the $X,XXX range.

You need really good terms to make end user sales.

Brad

•••
The name I sold was in the adult niche. I would rather not disclose the name cause it was purchased by another webmaster, not a business or anything.

•••
If you can sell ice to the Eskimos, you can sell .biz domains :)

But I think it also depends what kind of end users you'll be targeting and their location, as there are many countries where .biz is even less popular than America.

•••
.biz is like .info etc if you have a keyword domain and its what people want you may be able to sell it. But of course most endusers will go for .com.

There is no harm in buying a .biz if it is generic

•••
I picked one up for $18 and sold it for $500 a few days later..That was around mid-December. Hope this helps answer your question :)

I did the same but with a regfee .biz ($8 -> $500). In all honesty, I find .biz as a rather poor extension nowdays. I would in 99% of the cases go for .info if I had to choose from the two.

•••
Congrats to everyone on the nice sales! A couple of years ago, I sold one for 2K, 1 for mid xxx and another for low xxx (200? 250? I forget). All 3 were hand regged and for all 3 the buyer contacted me.

That said, I've sold a lot more .com/.net/.org's! Don't waste your time on mediocre names or names that don't fit the extension.

•••
Yes they are. The needs to have good keyword.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back