Watch

tk

Established Member
Impact
Hi

I had a question, I saw lot of good dictionary words still available on

.md
.us.com

Is it a good idea to register these. ? Are these as marketable and selleable.

I wonder why they are still available. The fact that it is not registered till now, means these tlds are not in demand.

will the above two score over co.in and .in domains.

Please post your comments.

Thanks a lot.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
md "might" be ok, but stay away from us.com. just a subdomain. (I own a us.com too, but unlike you, i wasn't wise enough to ask before I purchased it. costly error)

•••
Stay away from .us.com. Buy .us , or buy .com , but don't buy the hybrid ;)
As far as .md, if you look in the "Industry News" folder you'll see a recent discussion about .md. In short: They do have "requirements" they "could" enforce, but really, at around $150 each registration, they aren't too highly in demand.
Also, for a look at all the other extensions that great keywords are still available in, go to www.domaindiscount24.com and type in a great keyword. Chances are it would be available somewhere out there ;)
-Allan

•••
I'd stay away from any subdomain, unless there is NO other option. Such as with some european extensions. Even then, the name of the domain should be exeptional to make it worth your while.
Always smart to ask before you buy,..if I had done that more frequently I could have saved quite some money :'(

•••
HI Allan

Can you explain the $150 reg thing, I did not find it on the website you mentioned.

So in short do you think there is a problem with .md domains or do you recommend it?

ALso going by subdomain concept, co.in is really subdomain

-TK

•••
I have uk.com and us.com, I think they are worth it. They maybe subdomains, but they still work like real domains and thats good enough for ME.

•••
.md is a ccTLD basely, but you can consider it as you wish.
Moldova is a very poor country in Eastern Europe.

•••
I read somewhere that md implies medical, so that's not true?

•••
tk said:
I read somewhere that md implies medical, so that's not true?

Have a look at the main .md website tk : max.md

They are trying to push it at the medical industry but it is early days yet

•••
wow .md is crazy. $150 buck-a-roos! yikes. im stikin w/ my $6 registrations lol
you could have 37 .com domains at: domainsarefree.com or 1 .md domain there lol

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back