IT.COM

May I know What It Meant Having This on .Co.Uk Whois

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

elevator

DNCombo.comTop Member
Impact
I have just registered a .co.uk domain name on 6-July-2016 and the below statement is showing on the whois page.
Please, may I know why is this inclusive in my .co.uk whois

Data validation:
"Nominet was not able to match the registrant's name and/or address against a 3rd party source on 06-Jul-2016"

And how can it be corrected and if not what are the implications?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Try calling Nominet and asking them. They have a support team.

•••
Did you use a valid UK address and your real name when registering the domain?

•••
Did you use a valid UK address and your real name when registering the domain?

No, I used US address. Is there any implication using foreign address outside UK?

•••
No, I used US address. Is there any implication using foreign address outside UK?

Hmmm as far as I know u can register a co.uk domain if u not a resident but I believe there are certain guidelines that need to be adhered to. I have not owned an co.uk domains before so I'm not 100% sure..... Did you use a real name and valid ID? (from the message above there seems to be a reference to the address OR Name.. so it could be either.

Maybe it's just temporary until they can do the validation with the 3rd party... strange though. I know with .co.za domains anyone can buy they and validation is not a major issue...same with lots of other country TLD's. Not sure whats plotting with co.uk.

•••
You just create an account at Nominet and then all .uk domains that you purchase on your name at any registrar will be verified.

•••
For .co.uk registration, you need to make sure your using your LEGAL first name and last name to register the domain. Since they use public database sources to register your name, if they can't validate it through them you will need to provide an official ID from your country of residence ex. Health Card, Drivers License, Passport.

•••
For .co.uk registration, you need to make sure your using your LEGAL first name and last name to register the domain. Since they use public database sources to register your name, if they can't validate it through them you will need to provide an official ID from your country of residence ex. Health Card, Drivers License, Passport.

Thanks for your advice, but If I happened to have given them my ID and I intended selling the domain name, what happens, how do I go about that?

•••
There's an extra step when selling .co.uk domains.

You push/transfer the domains as your normally would but you also need to do a change of owner at Nominet which costs like £10.

•••
You just create an account at Nominet and then all .uk domains that you purchase on your name at any registrar will be verified.

I have logged in to the nominet and waiting for the verification as you advised. Hope this will work, but I am not seen my domain name registered there. Thanks Cheers.

•••
Ok! I have found my domain newly regged there now and I believe the verification can happen now. Thanks

•••
Ok! I have found my domain newly regged there now and I believe the verification can happen now. Thanks
What was the domain you regged?

•••
•••
Hmmm as far as I know u can register a co.uk domain if u not a resident but I believe there are certain guidelines that need to be adhered to. I have not owned an co.uk domains before so I'm not 100% sure..... Did you use a real name and valid ID? (from the message above there seems to be a reference to the address OR Name.. so it could be either.

Maybe it's just temporary until they can do the validation with the 3rd party... strange though. I know with .co.za domains anyone can buy they and validation is not a major issue...same with lots of other country TLD's. Not sure whats plotting with co.uk.

I have received a message from Godaddy to send my scanned photo ID to them for verification of my domain .co.uk which I have done yesterday and today, I have received this message:

"The validation process for CARMAKER.CO.UK has been completed and you should now be able to manage your domain as needed"

Cheers and thanks.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back