IT.COM

.co.uk Domain Ownership Transfer

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
I've got a .co.uk domain registered at oneandone (UK) that I may want to resell in the future.

Now, I know that there is a 35 GBP ownership transfer fee imposed by Nominet for transfer of ownership.

However, I have read in one or two places that .co.uk domains at GoDaddy and ENom can be "pushed" to other accounts and have the whois info modified as well.... thus totally avoiding Nominet and their daft fee.

GoDaddy do not currently offer .co.uk transfers, but ENom do (for around $8.95 on my current reseller account, however you do not get any registration extension included).

My question is, has anyone here had any experience with .co.uk ownership transfers/pushes, and are the above "rumours" about GoDaddy/ENom true?

Thanks in advance.
- Omar

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
*bump*

I've managed to get the domain transferred to Enom (from 1and1) which I think is quite an achievement in itself going by what I've read about 1and1 :p

Enom lets me change the various contact details, however they don't seem to make any difference to what is shown in the whois. Nameserver changes are going through just fine.

At 1and1 I had selected the option to not display my address in the whois, and it is not being shown either after the move to enom, however I do not see any option to enable/disable the feature in the enom control panel.

If anyone has any input, please let me know.

Cheers
- Omar

•••
I think you can update the address and all that, but not the REGISTRANT. That you will still have to pay the Nominet police.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back