IT.COM

MatchSuite.com - Brandable Marketplace Discussion.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Candace

Broker at Starfire HoldingsTop Member
Starfire Holdings
Impact
So I first read about MatchSuite.com today on @equity78 blog. http://tldinvestors.com/2016/11/daily-domain-picks-11-22-16.html

Ray linked to THIS POST on OnlineDomains.com by Konstantinos - the comments are always quite entertaining imo.

Anyway, I sent a message through the MatchSuite.com website asking if they accepted domains. Clearly, I didn't read any details that may have been given about that. Anyway, I got a response saying that they are now accepting domains for submission, and the domains can be submitted by email to [email protected].

So, I just submitted about 20 brandable domains for consideration. Some are BB approved, some were never submitted to BB, and some are BB rejects. I'll see how quick they get back to me.

I'm curious to hear what others think. Has anyone submitted domains?

I'm still planning to read up more about MatchSuite.com but if you have anything to share about them, or any future experiences, I wanted to create a thread. (Actually, I have no idea if another thread has already been created).

Will this be THE alternative to BrandBucket many have been looking for, given Ryan Colby's experience as a broker? Let's wait and see. lol.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Are they still building the site? The home page has a flyout menu with 2 Home links.

•••
Are they still building the site? The home page has a flyout menu with 2 Home links.

I noticed that. Maybe they are, but I read that they launched since September 2016. I would think that the kinks would be worked out already.

I also noticed that they don't seem to have a 'backend' for sellers. You submit the domains via email, and I'm guessing they'd communicate with sellers through email..

Last edited:
•••
Yeah I don't see any way to do anything besides infinite scroll down.

•••
Looks very much like still WIP.

Plenty of bugs there, but good to see more competition.

•••
@creataweb @Brandworthy @equity78

So Ryan Colby emailed me back saying the following

Hi Candace,

Thanks for your email. Yes, we are accepting domains for submission. I've attached a Media Kit for your review. For names that qualify for inclusion we charge a 20% fee if we can locate a buyer for you. We normally charge a $10 listing fee, however I'm dropping that cost to $7 for a logo until we officially launch in January.

Best Regards,

Ryan Colby
Matchsuite, LLC | Managing Director

The Media Kit is below.

He also accepted one of the domains from my lot, Zenteo(com). It is the one domain that has a clear end-user; it is a BB reject. I'll list it with him and see how it goes.

Funny, that he didn't accept any of my BB accepted domains, including the accepted two word domains. For example, he didn't accept Drive Crew dot com. So, maybe he's starting with only the domains he has a clear end-user for....don't know. .

Attachments

• Matchsuite Media Kit.pdf
    4.3 MB · Views: 85
Last edited:
•••
Concerning Exclusivity:

Thanks Candace,

Exclusivity is not required, however we will have some really nice optimized sales landers that we encourage sellers to utilize on their domains. These will be completed over the next 10 days.
Best Regards,

Ryan Colby

•••
Thanks for the info Candace and Ryan! It's always good for domainers to have yet another marketplace option where they can connect with end users and create sales. Ryan, with his extensive background in the brokerage end of the industry brings something special to the table.

PS Some ironic trivia.....It seems MatchSuite.com was once listed for sale on Brand Bucket. :-P
bandicam 2016-11-24 19-27-17-821.jpg

It's a small domaining world :) Wishing Ryan and his team lots of success!!

•••
Update:

I've listed Zenteo (com) with MatchSuite.com. Ryan emailed me today to inform me that the listing is now live (took a few days)

I'm awaiting MatchSuite's nameserver info so that I can point to their landing pages (looks like they may still be setting up the landing pages)

So, I now have 1 domain live at MatchSuite, and will probably submit a few others for consideration. I'll update this thread with my own experiences. If anyone else have tried them, please add your experience.

•••
@Keith DeBoer @equity78 @creataweb @Brandworthy

Ryan sent me this today. I thought you'd be interested in the update:

Hi Candace,

.......... I deal primarily with startups and VC's and not so much with domainers, however they might find this interesting.

1.) We weren't planning on officially launching the marketplace until January, however a blogger picked up on the site and wrote up a piece early to our surprise. The marketplace is functional, however we are still building it out and adding features at this time. Our new seller landing pages are gorgeous and should be ready in about a week. We've optimized them to increase sales. We are also entertaining our first round of Angel funding at this time.

2.) What makes us difference is our curation rate. We built the marketplace as a visual "art museum" for startups, not for domainers. We don't want to have 50,000 names. Our goal is to be much smaller and much more curated so startups get a great selection and our sell through rate is high. We think the quality of the names is low at some of the major marketplaces.

3.) Our fees are 10% less than the other brandable marketplaces. We charge 20% vs. 30%.

Best Regards,

Ryan Colby

•••
Sounding better every time you post.

•••
I have listed GrowthShield.com with matchsuite thus far. The listing process was quite easy, Ryan actually contacted me to see if I would list in on matchsuite, see how things go.

•••
Looks like the landing pages are all set up now.

Hi Candace,

Yes, our landing pages are now live. Here is the link you can point the domain to:

http://matchsuite.com/landing/?domainName=zenteo.com#

Best Regards,

Ryan Colby

One problem I see though, is that using their landing pages means that your other people's domains are getting exposure on the landing page for your domain. I don't like that. .

•••
Update:
It appears the website has been retired and the domain MatchSuite.com is for sale

•••

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back