Dynadot

Market tumbled: Did you buy more?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
The markets tumbled in what can be called one of the biggest hit in probably a month or more.

How are you handling the crash?

Averaging the losers?
Holding on to what you still have?
Selling/panic selling?
Any other technique?

What is your expectation from the market for the coming 2 weeks?

Screen Shot 2018-01-16 at 10.31.11 PM.png

This is today jan 16.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You could say a 15% average correction across the board, the buyback is not as strong as an earlier correction a few weeks ago, I am on the sidelines as of now, heavily weighted into ETH.

Charlie Lee looks like a genious now with his LTC sell, I know he got a lot of heat for it.

•••
These are market correction and it will remain throughout...next week you will see the rise again...

This not the Saturation point so nothing to worry..

I think it is the right time to invest when 15% downside is there...and it will sure gonna rise by 30% within a week...so i am optimistic on this trend..

This is WHAT MARKET is All About...

Last edited:
•••
I want to buy more but can not know how to buy with paypal.

•••
Holding for now. I ain’t that worried, even if I cash out now I still make a nice ROI.

Let’s see how this plays out. Don’t panic sell peeps!

•••
BTC is completely stable. It's the USD that fluctuates like crazy :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::xf.eek:

•••
•••
Don't get to carried away guys Chinese New Year is in play also, you are going to see lower volumes. There was some serious lows reached today though.

Last edited:
•••
Don't get to carried away guys Chinese New Year is in play also, you are going to see lower volumes. There was some serious lows reached today though.

News of the Chinese government's upcoming ban on all exchange trading - inside or outside the country - sent BTC and other major cryptos plummeting. Panic selling ensued, with BTC dipping below $10k. Buying opportunity time, and less than 2 hours later BTC is pushing $12k.

There will be plenty of those ups and downs. Invest/spend responsibly.

•••

Last edited:
•••
lots of crazy things happened today....if you think crypto is dead you sold...if you think its the next internet and here to stay you HODL and you bought more

•••
News of the Chinese government's upcoming ban on all exchange trading - inside or outside the country - sent BTC and other major cryptos plummeting. Panic selling ensued, with BTC dipping below $10k. Buying opportunity time, and less than 2 hours later BTC is pushing $12k.

i heard a few people mention btc dipped below 10k....I double checked this and yes on coinbase they did offer a sell price under 10k for a short time. but on all major exchanges like bittrex or gemnini it never dipped below 10k and the likely hood someone bought in that short time is low.

•••
Went down to $9,940 on Bitfinex and it's about to again. Another dip on the way...

Attachments

• 95277_9b1c0dfb8731097b33fe0cafe394d6fe.webp
    6.8 KB · Views: 22
•••
Holding for now. I ain’t that worried, even if I cash out now I still make a nice ROI.

Let’s see how this plays out. Don’t panic sell peeps!

Yeah.. however, the ROI can always be greater. I would suggest not taking the initial investment as the benchmark now. Consider a certain downside and then trade/invest accordingly. That way, you would end up getting higher returns.

Yeah. But I think, during this time, every dip is a better buying opportunity. Another bull run and we would see prices rising like anything. Averaging out at these points is a good startegy at the moment.

•••

Yeah.. It's the FUD going on that is making it go down. Panic selling mostly. Not uncommon in a market that has seen such bull run.
With such dips now, it may give excellent returns from these prices: the alts in particular!

lots of crazy things happened today....if you think crypto is dead you sold...if you think its the next internet and here to stay you HODL and you bought more

Yeah. It's more of belief and also the mindset with which you enter the positions. Whether it's for intraday short term trading/mid term or long term investments.

•••
A striking similarity to the pattern that followed the 4L chip craze. Sure crypto is completely different but everything about the time line is almost identical. The peak price followed by the correction along with echoes that the Chinese NY will see decreased volume. It's almost like deja vu.

Just an observation.

Last edited:
•••
Same correction 4 years in a row.Great time to find bargains.
#HODL

•••
This happened many times over the past few years already, only the prices were lower. Long term investors should hold or buy.

•••
No one should buy yet in my opinion, I have studied the Bitcoin chart extensively over the last few years and predicted the current correction like most people who have lived through such cycles before. What goes up (very quickly), will almost always return to earth.

My prediction for the next two to three weeks...

1. Price will rise from today's price of ~$9800 back up to around $12500-$13500.
2. Price will fall hard again down to sub $7000.
3. If you want to get in, buy at anything less than $7000.

However there's three issues to remember.

A. Price may fall to $5000. Be prepared for that possibility.
B. There is a high chance of a bounce from $7000 back to $10000 and back down to $7000 again.
C. It's entirely possible, once the above cycle is complete, price will continue to drop slowly until it hits rock bottom. Usually around late summer is the best time to buy ready for the next cycle pump in early winter.

Just my two cent.

Last edited:
•••
@LucidDomains From my gut feeling I would agree to your theory. :)

•••
No one should buy yet in my opinion, I have studied the Bitcoin chart extensively over the last few years and predicted the current correction like most people who have lived through such cycles before. What goes up (very quickly), will almost always return to earth.

My prediction for the next two to three weeks...

1. Price will rise from today's price of ~$9800 back up to around $12500-$13500.
2. Price will fall hard again down to sub $7000.
3. If you want to get in, buy at anything less than $7000.

However there's two issues to remember.

A. Price may fall to $5000. Be prepared for that possibility.
B. There is a high chance of a bounce from $7000 back to $10000 and back down to $7000 again.
C. It's entirely possible, once the above cycle is complete, price will continue to drop slowly until it hits rock bottom. Usually around late summer is the best time to buy ready for the next cycle pump in early winter.

Just my two cent.

Agreed 100%
BUT these fluctuations "Waves" are a dream for day traders like me, Know when to get in and ALWAYS place a stop sell. (Stop Sell) is a rock bottom price you're willing to hold.

I'll admit I use a BOT
Last week in Dec I placed a repeat buy at 10ish and sell at !0,500ish (I adjusted accordingly)
Sometimes executing 3 or 4 times a day gaining $1,500 daily on auto pilot. (approx) .I wouldn't attempt that now, wayyy too volatile at the moment.

•••
It’s falling because several countries are in limbo on where they stand with trading. Once that’s sorted out, the money will flood back in.

•••
I'm firm technical analysis believer. I believe nearly all news is baked into the chart itself and price was fated to fall as soon as it started to skyrocket.

•••
Analysis on crpyto?
Forgive me but what's the foundation based upon?

•••
Analysis on crpyto?
Forgive me but what's the foundation based upon?

The legend himself - W.D. Gann

and not all crypto - Bitcoin only.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back