IT.COM

Making a living with Domaining!

Spaceship
Watch

Manteufel

Established Member
Impact
Hi Guys, this is a very honest post and i hope im not making a mistake by telling so much about me in a very business oriented forum but i thought it would be the best way to introduce myself. Havent been around so much in the domaining scene as a writer though i´ve been constantly reading posts and blogs. Reading and learning. Im from germany and am desperately trying to make a living with Domains right now. I have pretty poor health and the way i see things, domaining might be my only chance to be able to get along financially because i can do it from home.

Got into domaining like 2 years ago. Made some typical rookie mistakes in the beginning and registered insanely bad domains because some valuesite told me they were awesome. Long story short; all were crap and i´ve let most of them drop. Lost something like 1000 bucks that first year. Lesson learned. Spent next months reading all about domain prices and finally got an understanding of what can be sold and what not. Have a pretty big portefolio (200-300) with mostly generic domain names now but i am still not able to make the 300-500 bucks i need on a monthly basis to pay for my expenses like Health insurance. Since im really sick, this is a key point for me.

The problem with my portefolio is that i registered generic country code and other top level domains (some of them premium) instead of going pretty much for the .com. I decided to change that now but i still got some very neat generic domains that i would like to sell but havent found a place where i can get them sold on a regular basis without too many fees. Im sure at a certain point, i´ll have a larger sale but i cant wait so long. Got a few decent .de domains, some orgs, nets, coms, co.uk and other country code domains that sedo values for at least 5-10 k each but i just cant sell them as finding the right buyer sometimes takes some time. You know, i´d be more than happy to sell most of them for a few hundred bucks each but didnt find a reliable auction site where they actually sell. As i need to pay for my expenses regularly, i am looking for a reliable way to make a few smaller sales each month to get the 250-500 bucks i need until i can sell one of the more valuable domains. But i havent found a reliable system to get them sold on a regular basis yet. Do you know good Auction sites where i can sell country code domains and where the domains actually sell?

Registering some .com domains with word combinations that someone might be interested in isnt my problem. If i´d know where and how i can resell some decent domains in the 50-100 bucks each range fast, i am through, you know? So far, i´ve tried flippa a few times but could not sell any one of them. Problem is they werent .com domains though they were some pretty alright orgs and infos. Decided to stay away from everything but .com org and net like the plague for now but whenever i take a look in the domain auction results, some of them sold pretty good so maybe im doing something wrong. The large listing fee makes the risk of not getting the domains sold too high for me to try flippa again at this point until i have some .coms that i know will sell. Got two .net domains in sedo´s great domains auction this month but am not convinced that i´ll be selling them. Besides, sedo takes so much fees for selling them that i´ll probably end up with 30 bucks or so for each. And you dont find enough great domains every month for that to work regularly. Tried domainlore for a few co.uk domains that were valued by sedo at 2000 euros each but couldnt even sell them for 50 bucks. So far, domainlore and co.uk was a total failure for me though i had some good names in english language and i will probably not use it again. Saw golem.eu but i dont really think they sell very much but maybe im wrong. Have recently re-discovered godaddy auctions which is right now my biggest hope and just submitted three short and generic .info domains and one .org to the auction but am still doubtful they´ll sell for like 50-100 bucks at least. None of these were valued by sedo for less than 2000 euros so they arent shit domains per se.

Have decided to pretty much stay with the .com domains and simply come up with neat sounding brandable names and sell or let the other names expire but i have concerns thats enough. Some posts here made me curious about brandbucket and another site and i´ve decided to try that out next time by registering brandable .coms. But i am still looking for a recipe to earn a reliable income by domaining each month. Dont expect to make huge money with every domain but would appreciate every sale i make in the 50-100 dollars range and above.

Sorry for this whole long monster of a text but i felt like sharing the odysee i had in domaining so far because im sure many of you have been at that point in the past. So my question to the people who can make a living with this is: How do you do it and what would your suggestions or tips for me be? I appreciate every input in this and hope someone can give me some feedback about what to do next. Im not a complete noob when its about registering but i miserably fail at making the smaller but so important bucks. Whats your most important ways to earn money with your sites or domain names? Like the basis of your success. How do YOU flip on a monthly basis? Please give me an example of a business model around domaining that is really successful and that works by rather making a few regular peanuts here and there instead of waiting for the 10k sale after a few years. Like what is something that you know, you´ll be able to resell FAST to pay for the bills. I have a whole lot of domains that arent .com but would be great to be developed but i suck a lot in webdesign and cant afford to pay a lot upfront to let someone develope em till i can resell em again or make some money with adsense and such. I know there are some content writers who are offering cheap services but i am not sure if ill be able to afford to pay more than hundred bucks on a website and i have doubts that this will be enough. Are there cheap webdesigners that build you a site that you can reliably resell (on flippa for example) with a profit? What kind of websites earn some decent money with adsense and similar services and would you even bother do put work or money in a good .info name? Whats your procedure with domains that you register, have developed and resell again and how much money do you need to pay until you can make a profit on it?

I know thats a whole lot of questions and im sure many of you wont be willing to give away your sectrets but i would greatly appreciate every input i can get because i need to make this work and im extremely adaptble and as soon as i found a good solid way to get around, i can repeat it all over and over again. Just havent found that yet! :) So please share some good namepro knowledge with someone who can really really use it right now. bye Manteufel

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Very few people make a living out of domaing. For the sake of discussion, assume that 95% of domainers are losing money.
Among the remaining 5% (optimistic projection) only a few are making more than pocket change or at best some side income. Anyway, there are not many domainers who have an accountant or anything worth reporting to the tax authorities.
You say you have 200-300 domains, this is not a big portfolio at all. But quality matters more than quantity. If you haven't made a sale at this point, you clearly are doing something wrong.
Because even without doing nothing, you should get unsolicited offers occasionally, if you really own domains that somebody else would want.

I think you need to go back to the drawing board, and devise a clear strategy and stick to it. Rather than waste your time and energy experimenting all sorts of things right and left.
If you still believe Sedo valuations are any better than the automated valuations you were getting in your early days, then you still have a lot to learn. Sorry for being so blunt :(
Domain name are fundamentally illiquid, and domain sales are unpredictable. So "reliable income" and "domaining" don't go well together.
In your situation I think you can certainly work from home and make money on the Internet, but this would take the form of an online shop for example. Dabbling in stocks is probably less difficult than domaining.

200-300 domains means you are $$$$ in the red at least. Perhaps you could post your domains here, so we can tell you if there is hope, or you should exit the game and cut losses. Sorry for being so negative, but you are not alone. Plenty of people try and fail.
Good luck.

•••
Hi sdsinc, i do get offers on a regular basis but most of them are in the range where sedo would eat the profit. Got really a wide range of domains but will only keep a small part of them after the first year.

I actually think that some of them are good or at least have the potential to be worth something one day. You know, im not talking thousand but a hundred a domain for certain .infos doesnt sound so unrealistic to me if theres a whole lot of competition. I´m really not stupid and i know that i´ll be able to make it if i find a way to get me over the time i need to wait for a potential buyer with some of the better ones. Sedo´s valuations are very flawed sometimes but some of them are definately justified. Have registered too much .info .biz and similar domains in the past because i overestimated the interest in them and i stopped with that. You know, i dont register names that did not at least do very well with another extension.

I really appreciate that words regarding the possibility to cut the losses and get out but failure is really not an option for me. If i fail, i adapt and change the way i do things until i succeed. I am so serious about this that i´ll be willing to sell my house if i need to to get the capital to buy two or three premium domains that will rise in value over time. But thats just the final option and i hope it doesnt need to come to that. I am at a point where i need to get something together and i´ve tried doing something else but couldnt due to my bad health. You know, i will not live forever and i really want to prove it to myself and the people around me. I am sick of being treated like a loser just because i have few money and i really see this as a possible way out. I made some bad registrations in the past but i´ve learned out of every single mistake i made. Bad thing is, theres still so much to learn. ;)

Last edited:
•••
There is lots to talk about, but I will just focus on a couple quick key points:

1. NEVER spend money you don't have, or can't afford to spend.

2. It's takes money to make money. The hand-regged names were available for a reason. You need to focus on the aftermarket, not endless searches for that million dollar hand-reg.

3. Focus on one thing (domain) at a time. Trying to sell or focus on many domains or projects at once will only hinder you in the long run or the ultimate goal of profiting. Taking baby steps is key.

My suggestion at this point would be to just STOP and start to re-evaluate your entire situation. Domaining is not your answer to salvation, and is not an industry in which I would invest my time and money in trying to make a living (especially in your condition).

You can make money in this industry, but it takes ALOT of time, hard work, and an initial (wisely calculated investment).

You mentioned expecting to get at least $100 per domain. Im going to be brutally honest and tell you that even expecting $1 per domain would be pushing it. And if you could recoup $1 per domain at this point at get back at least $200 of your initial investment.......DO IT.

Take the time to really dig in and read everything and anything industry related before making anymore moves. Many banks and hearts are broken in this crazy, viotile world of domains.

You have a wealth of information and help right here at your fingertips.

Sorry for the gloomy post, but being blunt and honest is sometimes the only way to see the light.

Good Luck, and keep your head up.

•••
Let's stick with your bottomline. And your bottomline is: YOU NEED TO EARN MONEY. You are not a domain hobbyist - someone who enjoys buying-and-selling domains despite the fact that you spend so much time, energy, and money for disproportionate return of income based on lottery investments.

You are not going to survive in domaining.

Here are some reasons:

1. It's a cut-throat competition. There are billions of domainers. I'm not even including the Chinese. Everytime domains drop, 10 billion people scan the list, fight for it on a first-come, first serve basis or backorder battles and auctions.

2. You have UNFAIR competitors. These are the domaining professionals who run software scripts that capture valuable drops before you can blink your eye. Your chance is close to nil. That's why you are left with lottery regs. A lottery domain is a domain that you sold for profit just because you are lucky someone wanted it out of the blue. You can't bet your electric bill payments on lucky sales.

-----------------

Going back to your bottomline, here are some of my suggestions:

1. Sell your writing skills. Do freelance work on Odesk or Elance. Writers get paid 20-50 US Dollars per article.

2. Concentrate on running your own website, and do Adsense or Affiliate Marketing.

3. Trade in the stock market.

•••
i thought .de domain where selling relatively well on sedo for price i wouldnt dream of for their french equivalent. is that not the case anymore?

•••
Thank you for your posts and the tips you are giving me. I dont agree with everything thats been written here because i am convinced that i can definately make it with a bit of luck but i take a whole lot of your input to heart.

The domain sales do well on sedo but in my situation, it´s more difficult because i would like to reliably earn a few hundred bucks every month to pay the insurance and stuff. I know i have a few good domains (though not all of them) and the problem is rather that i registered domains that i cant sell fast if i have to and that there isnt really a place like ebay for .de domains apart from sedo. I also know that some people are doing this with success and i wouldnt know why i cant be one of them at a certain point in the future with the amount of work and love that im putting in it right now. Im sure many of you have been at a starting point before and if everyone would have told you that you´d be making a mistake by even trying, you may have never ever gotten to where you are now.

From what i´ve read so far, i guess the best tips were to get a website going and make some money with adsense. With some websites that are earning money every month, it is a totally diffrent situation to wait for potential buyers in the domain market. I am not actually 100% sure that my future lies in domaining but it certainly has to do with websites. Like i already mentioned, im a terrible webdesigner and i kinda lack a starting point to build a website that earns some money or can be sold with profit. The wordpress blogs that i combined with adsense did not really earn any money and i have so much stuff to learn in that field that i was hoping that someone who isnt a great webdesigner but still manages to sell websites would kinda show me how he´s doing this kind of stuff with success.

And again, thank you for your well meant posts.

Last edited:
•••
I think you are just looking for encouragement, to give you something that will fuel your motivation. What we are just giving to you is reality.

First of all, you said you are aiming for 300-500 bucks a month. However, your business model is based entirely on lottery. What you are doing is nowhere near something that can even be considered "sound" investing. You are merely "guessing" what domains will sell, and you don't even have a legitimate market to sell it to.

That alone, makes your cash flow equation, unsustainable. In short, your business model is more likely to crash, than prosper. Because it doesn't make any business sense. Giving it all your "love" and "dedication", will not change your cash flow equation.

In fact, if you are just doing lottery investments on domains, you are much better off learning how to trade in the stock market. You are just doing exactly the same thing. And stocks are more liquid than internet domains. So what you are doing gambling on domains, doesn't really make any sense at all.

You have to slap yourself in the face, and think about it. "Hope" is not a business solution that will earn you money.

•••
I also know that some people are doing this with success
How many you think ? Very few domainers are truly successful. Sometimes, people get lucky and make a nice sale, but they don't boast about the hundreds or thousands of UNSOLD domains in their portfolios. Just because you make a nice sale here and there doesn't mean you are actually making a profit.
Trust me, the people like Schwarz or Schilling are not representative. They are a super tiny elite. Most domainers are losing money.

I am so serious about this that i´ll be willing to sell my house if i need to to get the capital to buy two or three premium domains that will rise in value over time.
Please don't. Keep your house.
Even if you buy premium domains, there is a risk that you will overpay for them. It is fallacy to think that one single domain or a couple premiums are going to change your life.

Now looking at some of the domains you've mentioned, I think a few may sell, some are most likely not going to sell and should be dropped like the pee-wee domains.
The problem is that they are unpremium handreg domains, that belong somewhere in the low $$$ range.
Maybe you will be able to sell some for low $$$ but there is overhead as you mentioned. Even if you make a few sales, the proceeds will not offset the registration and renewals costs for the other domains. So I think you should aim for domains that would sell for mid-$$$ at least. Also be prepared to prune your portfolio and cut losses.

Personally I like to buy aged, expired domains at namejet snapnames or godaddy for examaple. I can expect to pay between $20 and $69, possibly more especially when there is competition, but I know I will be able to sell a good percentage of those for at least 10 times more. It takes money to make money.

You say you suck at webdesign, but domaining is a trade that is even more difficult and requires experience, not everybody can do it. On the other hand, everybody can flip burgers at McDonals. Since most domainers are failing, the odds are stacked against you. If you fail, that doesn't mean you are a loser or anything. It's just like this.
If you really must work from home, at least remain open to other ideas.

•••
Again, thank you very much for your thoughts. The older the Thread gets, the more helpful are the replies im getting. To be honest, i am extremely frustrated right now because i was expecting a bit more help in the domain-sale or website making business and less in the reality check business. ;) I know that not all of my domains are the cream of the crop and that this is a very difficult business but at this point, i consider them stepping stones and since i´ve started this, my portefolio improved greatly. What wasnt really hard though, i give you that. Lol. And thats actually what i intend to do on a regular basis. Improving my portefolio. I only need one large sale and i know how to invest the money. You know, if you sum it up i would say that i swore to myself that i will work so hard on this until i finally master it, no matter how hard it will be. I may be naive, i may be dumb but i aint getting up in the morning to fail. Never said i would have to necessarily make the money i need with selling domains. Also happy to take money i make with a website that i own and adsense. :) Just need to hear about people who do that kind of stuff with success.

I also thought about doing some stock exchange investments but i so lack the knowledge about stocks. You know, i dont really have an alternative really as i´ve tried everything else so far. If it doesnt work out; fine. But i dont want to wake up as an old poor man who didnt had the guts to try to do what he had in mind. I love the internet, i always loved domains and somehow it just feels right for me. Very likely that the odds are against me but i guess i will still try. Maybe i fail but i really dont care. The thing i really care about the most is that i tried everything i could. Take care.

Last edited:
•••
Can you post here samples of your BEST domains in your portfolio, which you believe would sell for 300-500 bucks?

Your portfolio is your resume, so let's see what you've got so we can assess if you are really qualified for that 300-500 bucks monthly salary for a domainer.

•••
Hi Alien51, will do later this week. :) Just had to have a couple of drinks because im kinda sad because i worked hard to get to this point but it still isnt enough, you know what i mean? Well, i guess many will know this feeling and its not a big thing but i need a break today and start from scratch tomorrow. Your thoughts are appreciated but the later the evening gets in germany, the less english words i know. lol. But honestly, i dont think it is so much about the portefolio i have right now. I am mostly interested in hearing stories about people who do this kind of stuff for a long time and the things that helped for THEM. I can always register other type of domains if i know where to sell em. I´ve been changing the way i´ve been doing this since i started and i dont intend to change that until im sucessfull with it. Just try to learn from people who can live from it. As few as there may be. bye Manteufel

Last edited:
•••
I think the biggest tool that I use before I even buy a domain is to make a list of at least 10 people I think I can sell it to, then I build a list of emails and type out my pitch, then I look at estibot or valuate which almost always comes in at $0, then if I still think it is good..I sleep on it... then I buy it..even then when I post it on NamePros everybody tells me how dumb I was...LOL... sometimes I sell it but most times I don't, I am afraid I would starve to death if I didn't have another real business... but I love this sport.

•••
I think the biggest tool that I use before I even buy a domain is to make a list of at least 10 people I think I can sell it to, then I build a list of emails and type out my pitch, then I look at estibot or valuate which almost always comes in at $0, then if I still think it is good..I sleep on it... then I buy it..even then when I post it on NamePros everybody tells me how dumb I was...LOL...
I hear you man.
At this point i usually just go to godaddy support with subject "hi, its me again" to ask for a refund XD

The (actual, real XD ) story goes like this. Stayed up till about 4AM doing "research" (as in toying with ideas and names, checking if they are taken, checking previous sales, archive.org... the run), hardly slept for few hours being excited i discovered a "whole new world" of domaining (IDN). Finaly morning came, went to bank to make a deposit (my credit card was empty at the time but have cash on hand) so that I can buy the domains. Some of them even with EXTREMELY popular keywords (Bible. Yes, thats the keyword, go check domain appraisals forum for the full idea of my idiocy). Spent ~10$ to buy 4 domains that I thought were gonna make me about as famous as Steve Jobs and grow my e-pen to about the size of Roccos (18+ reference :P ). Yeah, I'm blowing it out of proportion a bit. But just a bit.

Finally I completed the whole registration/coupon/discount shenanigans and came to NP to have them appraised. Aaaaaand, than RU shut me down with a very simple fact. Most words I used are archaic, not used any more and misspelled xD
And the fact is, I was very grateful for his post although I felt like a complete idiot at the time.

Manteufel, what this above is to say is that any research you have done is not enough. It's, practically, never enough. Always keep on reading, keep on listening, asking for advice and following trends anywhere you go.
Try to follow as many "trendy" places as you can and try to predict what domains may be wanted soon. Than you might be able to make a sail. Even something as low as 10$ profit per sale is quite ok when you are starting out.
Either that or try to get some really good brandables and be lucky enough to get listed on BrandBucket XD

Are your domains making any revenue parked?

Aaaand, for the last one... You said you had some writing skills. Are you a book writer or a journalist/columnist?
If the later try to start your own blog and run adsense on it. Try to focus on a high CPC cost niche in order to make money but remember, to get traffic you need readers. Try to build your reader base trough guest posts and backlinks.

Yeah, I'm a newcomer and a starter in this whole thing just like you.
I'm sorry about the long post since I'm guessing you didn't really want an opinion from a freshman but in all honesty i think that "Research, research, research" is the best advice anyone can give you

•••
Hi Manteufel,

First of all, you are not alone, there are thousands among us, yes including me in the same situation or happened to experience the same thing. I have started domaining 3 years ago and just like you it was a nightmare registering names without using godaddy coupon codes, yes i'm registering names ranging from $8 to $11 each. I was influenced by those who become successful and living in luxury through domaining. I have registered hundreds of names and tried to sell in every auction house and just like every beginners, i have never sell even one domain name. The worst part of it, its very late when i knew about namepros, where you can sell names and have the higher chance to get a $1 on each or more depending on the quality of the names. Without further ado, I was a failure on the field i chosed and the ending was, lossing a lot of money.

I never quit domaining, the next time before i buy or registered new names, i made a lot of reading and researching, and yes it is true, i was reading blogs till 4 am, researching and looking for a possible keyword where i can sell or flip it up for a decent earnings, I started asking questions here at namepros publicly or privately, asking for what they think about these names and accepting whatever they might say. Until a good list of name was posted and i ask the seller if there was a bunch of names that he can sell for a bulk price.

To make the long story short, i ended in buying domain names again, but this time a lot wiser and practical. I started using godaddy's coupon code if there is available, and wait for another code before registering my new found names. This time I am more patience and not jumping into impulsive decision. I will never register a name more than $3 now a days. why?

1. The lesser your registration fees, the higher profit probability.
2. Names should be an asset, not too long or meaning less.
3. Don't expect to sell it or priced it in thousands, the higher the expectation is more frusrating at the
end.
4. Be happy to get a profitable margin of $1 and up, how buy names for $1.17 to $2.17, and hope to
sell it by $3 to $4.
5. Nice names should be kept or developed, asking namepros seniors in this field, valuating in
different free valuation tools.
6. Never spend money on names that you dont know what to do.
7. Don't fall inlove with your names, or else your ending to a renewal in each and every names
possesion you have. Try to sell your names as soon as possible, a break even whould be a win.
8. If you have money to invest, buy a premium names and ranging $x,xxx and keep it, and hope to
sell it in a much higher value.
Always remember that domaining is not a simple business as what others told us, it is a risky business where you can loose a lot of money and a higher failure rate if you don't buy wisely.

Now a days, I am not earning much on domaining, and it is my hobby although i am hoping that one day mr. big bucks will cross my way. for the cctld names makes sure that you know or familiar with that country or else you will loose big time. I suggest you invest on your own country, where communication is much easier in selling that specific domain names.

Grace.

•••
There are billions of domainers. I'm not even including the Chinese. Everytime domains drop, 10 billion people scan the list, fight for it on a first-come, first serve basis or backorder battles and auctions.
Maybe other posters on this thread might need a reality check?

:bah:

•••
LOL what a funny thread!
@Op so sorry for your high expectations.

•••
Actually, this Domaining For A Living mystery is a very old issue. Every few months or so, somebody will always ask that question.

I think there are a couple of threads here where people have shared their "domaining for a living" experiences. And they are not pretty. And it's definitely NOT advisable for someone who is having a medical issue and needs regular cash inflow to support such medical issue. It would be very foolish thing to do, to encourage someone to pursue a path with a high mortality rate, where the consequence of failure is high.

I wouldn't mind if you lost $50,000 or $100,000 and just laugh about it and go on with life. But if you say you will lose your house, or you won't be able to pay your medical bills...... then going into domaining is a big mistake. And it is wrong to encourage someone to take the chance.

Last edited:
•••
Hi Guys, its kinda early in the morning and im still kinda wrecked so i´ll make this short. Thank you ALL very much for your posts! Also for the very kind Messages! I will respond to everyone of them!

The thing with the house is this. Its always easy to say for someone who gets around financially to do nothing, be quiet and dont even try to change the life he has. I´ve got a pretty alright house and at the point i am now, i know i wont be able to take care of it forever as i own a pretty large piece of land too that needs regular work. A big house costs a lot of money and i´ve decided LONG AGO that i will sell the house at a certain point in time for the right price. And i have a few things in mind that i will invest some of the money in. Never said i would waste 150k on info domains or some crap like that. Rather to have someone build me one or two good earning websites for 20k or so. Maybe buying another PREMIUM domain for another ten or so and thats it. So please get over the thing with the house and hear what im actually saying. If you have nothing to invest nothing will hardly ever change. Believe me, i know.

Like someone pointed out earlier in this thread, the best investment tips dont mean nothing if you dont have the capital to invest. No matter if stock exchange, gold, bitcoin, domains, websites, whatever. If you cant invest, nothing will ever change no matter how hard you work. And im at a similar point right now. I am aware of the Domain Auctions at Namjet, Sedo and the domain sales in forums. I know that a large part of the good sales arent handregged domains. But i dont have that budget. If i make one good sale in the 10k range, i know what to do with the money though. I´ve reduced the domains i have to maybe 100-150 or so and the hostting costs arent bankrupting me.

I am trying very hard to see trends before they happen and register domains about technologies that are new. I honestly think that i´ve registered a few pretty good domains for the future. I might post my portefolio again. I took the names out as i was concerned this Thread might actually be hurtful for my selling attempts if someone else is googleing the names.

Right now i dont have high expectations. I might have had some at the beginning but right now, the least i need is a reality check. I totally understand many people might consider me as a fool but this is the path i chose and i appreciate your concerns but the reason i posted this was for actual help and something positive, not opinions if what i do is right or wrong. You may be right, you may be wrong but please let me try! ;) Im not eighteen anymore and the older they get, the more stubborn they are.

I´ve gotten some very helpful advice via PM and i thank you for that too.

Last edited:
•••
If it will make you happy, perhaps it is better if you hang out in the "Completed Domains Name Sales" thread instead.

Domainers post their domain sales there. As in they post domains they already sold and made money. Maybe you will find the answer there.

•••
•••
Hopefully you have found a cheap way of renewing your 300 domains. Otherwise, you could (effectively) earn $300/mo. for 10 months by letting them expire...

•••
Like i said. I will only keep about 100 domains or so and i´ve cancelled most of the ones that dont have so much potential. That money wont bankrupt me.

Searchenginez, You dont even know the domain names and some of them are actually good. You know, you could say the same about everyone in the domain business. Everyone would save the hosting costs by cancelling. Isnt this a domain name forum or is it a forum where people get told they will never accomplish anything? You know, even without knowing the domains. Look, if you dont want to post something helpful thats fine. But this kind of stuff is not only not helping but its really hurting. You dont even know me or how much work i put in this. And no matter how many people are telling me that it doesnt matter...i know that hard work will pay off at one point. If some guys (not all and i appreciate that) would have just putten half the energy in their post they used to tell me to get out of domaining and told me a bit about their business and how the domaining or the website business works for them, it would have helped me a lot more.

Last edited:
•••
A lof of domainers are willing to pile up their losses, hoping that a single knight-in-the-shining-armor blockbuster sale of just one domain, will wipe out all their losses.

By the time that happens, you end up breakeven.

I seriously doubt if most domainers are doing financial accounting of their cash flow to see whether they are really earning money that is worth the time and effort they spent on it.

---------- Post added at 02:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 AM ----------

You dont even know the domain names and some of them are actually good.
Let's see your domains. Why don't you post them here if it's really good? No harm in having it appaised objectively.

•••
Hi Alien51, i might but right now i have real doubts this makes any sense. I did not say the whole portefolio is good but i have some good domains in it. And the bad ones, i´ve cancelled. And honestly, i am extremely disappointed by the direction this thread has taken right from the start and i am seriously concerned this will affect my sales attempts in a negative way. I dont see anything good from posting my portefolio right now in here. If i were someone who would be interested in buying one of my names and would stumble across a thread like this, i would think twice. I might post some Domains for valuation in the future but probably not in this thread. Like i said, i only kept domains that sedo values over 2000 euros. I know its not reliable but a domain that one of the leading companies on the market suggests to sell for XXXX should at least bring a hundred bucks. If not, they should go out of business asap because they obviously dont know what their talking about.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back