IT.COM

Makemoney.com auction closed and member banned

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That auction always seemed a little sketchy. Usually, not the type of name you auction in a forum. Then the white bread stuff, he didn't come across as serious.

•••
I posted in chat about him, known before as @domainnamebroker
Finally mods did something right, i remember his posts, here is one from 2017 where he was promoting his produce
https://www.namepros.com/threads/domainnamebroker-com.1041412/
Hard to take this place seriously, last 2 times i tried to buy i got hosed, thats why people fly under the radar, have to worry about the @TjKiller s out there waiting to rip your head off. Then they participate only to get the shaft
https://www.namepros.com/threads/sweetmobile-com-75-current-bid.1095261/page-2#posts
I am still high bid, Cy would have bid me under the table but we all knew the deal wouldnt go down.

•••
That auction always seemed a little sketchy. Usually, not the type of name you auction in a forum. Then the white bread stuff, he didn't come across as serious.
This same member successfully sold a 3L .com in the last week or so. That’s serious and btw, the mod’s confirmed ownership of makemoney.com

The mods post in the sales thread -

Update: The seller has verified that they are in control of the domain MakeMoney.com by redirecting it to this sales listing temporarily for us to confirm.

At this time we have not identified any duplicate/associated accounts participating in the auction.

The auction is now unpaused and may resume.

Unauthorized comments in the sales listing have been removed. Please do not comment further in the sales listing. Use the report feature to report any suspicious activity or rule violations.

The high bidder is currently: @Drwebb with a $95,000 bid

The auction for MakeMoney.com has been extended: it will end 10 Days after this post if there are no subsequent bids or it will end 10 Days after the last bid that comes after this post. As always, this auction may end earlier if a Buy-It-Now price is offered and accepted according to the rules.

Last edited:
•••
This same member successfully sold XVR.com in the last week or so. That’s serious and btw, the mod’s confirmed ownership of makemoney.com
Sold XVR.com here at NP with an auction? Doesn't show up in the search.

I saw that they confirmed ownership, but you really have no idea if it is for charity, whatever food bank he was talking about etc.

•••
Sold XVR.com here at NP with an auction? Doesn't show up in the search.

Yup, about 2 weeks ago $18,000. A steal and I made a huge mistake by sitting in my thoughts.

•••
Then we have new members with 0 feedback/trust rating placing near six-figure bids.

•••
This same member successfully sold XVR.com in the last week or so. That’s serious and btw, the mod’s confirmed ownership of makemoney.com

The mods post in the sales thread -

Update: The seller has verified that they are in control of the domain MakeMoney.com by redirecting it to this sales listing temporarily for us to confirm.

At this time we have not identified any duplicate/associated accounts participating in the auction.

The auction is now unpaused and may resume.

Unauthorized comments in the sales listing have been removed. Please do not comment further in the sales listing. Use the report feature to report any suspicious activity or rule violations.

The high bidder is currently: @Drwebb with a $95,000 bid

The auction for MakeMoney.com has been extended: it will end 10 Days after this post if there are no subsequent bids or it will end 10 Days after the last bid that comes after this post. As always, this auction may end earlier if a Buy-It-Now price is offered and accepted according to the rules.

I think it was X/R/V NOT XVR.

Last edited:
•••
Probably because he cancelled the auction?

I have to cancel this auction since I can not channel the proceeds to the original purpose of supplying food bank with white bread. My appologies.

•••
I think it was XRV.COM NOT XVR.
Absolutely correct. My mistake!

The buyer of the 3L is requesting that we edit the domain out of our posts. Please do so.

Last edited:
•••
"This is unfortunate,

The seller changed the guidelines after a $95k bid was placed and then closed the auction without awarding a winner in violation of the following rules:

6.2.3. An auction cannot be modified once a bid is placed with the exceptions of its Buy-It-Now ("BIN") price (e.g., a BIN price may be added), its bid increments, approving additional bidders, adding payment methods, and/or adding additional domains at no extra cost. "

•••
"This is unfortunate,

The seller changed the guidelines after a $95k bid was placed and then closed the auction without awarding a winner in violation of the following rules:

6.2.3. An auction cannot be modified once a bid is placed with the exceptions of its Buy-It-Now ("BIN") price (e.g., a BIN price may be added), its bid increments, approving additional bidders, adding payment methods, and/or adding additional domains at no extra cost. "
The mods closed it.

•••
@Bravo Mod Team,
@Alfa Mod Team,
@Echo Mod Team,
Here’s a thought. Instead of wasting your energy penalizing long-term members for the most trivial banal of rule breaking, (often they are unaware of) it can be better spent on these obvious scams. Praying this post doesnt get 2 points for being “off topic” and get me restricted. Giving it a “like” and or “thanks” give hope!

Thank you and have a great day or evening!

Last edited:
•••
Here’s a thought. Instead of wasting your energy penalizing long-term members for the most trivial banal of rule breaking, (often they are unaware of) it can be better spent on these obvious scams. I’m praying this post doesnt get 2 points for being “off topic” and get me restricted. Giving it a “like” and or “thanks” gives hope!
High-impact issues like the auction in question will always be their top priority, but the community management team is also tasked with keeping the peace in other ways. They are not mutually exclusive goals.

•••
High-impact issues like the auction in question will always be their top priority, but the community management team is also tasked with keeping the peace in other ways. They are not mutually exclusive goals.
We’ll wait for the answer from the mods - if the auction completed, who or how would NamePros.com track the funds to a charity?

•••
who or how would NamePros.com track the funds to a charity?
We wouldn't--we don't have that capability. That being said, if there's blatant evidence of misconduct in that regard, such as an outright admission from the individual running the auction, we're likely to step in.

The presence of an auction on NamePros is not an endorsement. Anyone can post an auction here without staff approval, and you should do your own due diligence.

•••
We wouldn't--we don't have that capability. That being said, if there's blatant evidence of misconduct in that regard, such as an outright admission from the individual running the auction, we're likely to step in.

The presence of an auction on NamePros is not an endorsement. Anyone can post an auction here without staff approval, and you should do your own due diligence.
It’s a bad look for the mods when they use judgement instead of clear cut rules.

There seems to be tons of gray here and that can be off putting.

My suggestion would be to reinstate that seller as a member in good standing. Yup, they changed the auction for whatever reason but if you aren’t going to monitor the end result, who are you to point fingers?

Last edited:
•••
•••
But a week prior you were happy with the $18,000 sale of xrv.com by the same member. Sorry but you’re full of shit.

•••
The answer is still no, regardless of your opinions of me.

That doesn't mean we plan to sit around and let this become a common occurrence. We adapt to emerging threats, and we'll be discussing internally whether we have any options for combatting such scams in the future.

•••
….

Last edited:
•••
ScamPros.jpg

•••
To sell a 5 figure domain and the mods won’t acknowledge it… that’s the scam.

XRV was sold for $xx,xxx. The fact that the OP amended the makemoney auction is their choice. The mods here @ NamePros.com are terrible and have been for quite some time.

•••
•••
What solution do you propose, @Keith?
Transparency.

Auctions changed midway aren’t cool but you allow it. For example, I can start a $0 auction and midway through add a BIN. That’s wrong. It’s wrong to those that took the time to make an educated decision.

With that said, I can change the price structure but can’t change if it’s for charity or personal gain?

Seems off imo.

Let’s hold sellers accountable but use common sense. That’s a perfect start.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back