Domain Empire

'Make Offer' Listing Marketplaces?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Michael Seatory

Established Member
Impact
Hi, can anybody give me a list of sites/marketplaces where I can list domains as available for sale using 'Make Offer'

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't push to auction on domains that I feel can sell for a really good price. I recently sold a domain to an employment company. It took about two weeks to complete the deal. I have had faster than that even. I once had one conversation and then got payment the next day. Every deal is different, but usually I do a good job of matching domains with end users.

•••
It's a funny thing, but I like selling to companies that already understand the value of their online presence. It's hard to sell to mom and pop shops that aren't even online yet.

•••
It's a funny thing, but I like selling to companies that already understand the value of their online presence. It's hard to sell to mom and pop shops that aren't even online yet.

Thanks for all of your replies! Some really valuable advice.
Time for bed for me. Just one more question?
So is your focus usually on shorter names for existing companies? Do you also focus on keywords?

I have one name as an example OMGcosmetics.com I have identified and contacted a couple of similarly named companies. (by email) I think they were omgcosmetic.co.uk and omgcosmeticsmz.com
In this scenario would you also be reaching out to other cosmetic companies with names possibly not as good as OMGcosmetics? lindsayl-cosmeticssite.co.uk (example)
Or maybe some cosmetic bloggers or owners of cosmetic affiliate sites?

I understand that possibly bloggers or the example domain listed may not usually be high paying end users, nor is it an amazing domain.

•••
I usually focus on short names. I had one company with a domain name that was 19 letters (three words) and I sold them a new domain that was just the 3 initials. I usually try to buy and sell domains that are somewhat generic but also can be perfect for just one company.

•••
Thanks for all of your replies! Some really valuable advice.
Time for bed for me. Just one more question?
So is your focus usually on shorter names for existing companies? Do you also focus on keywords?

I have one name as an example OMGcosmetics.com I have identified and contacted a couple of similarly named companies. (by email) I think they were omgcosmetic.co.uk and omgcosmeticsmz.com
In this scenario would you also be reaching out to other cosmetic companies with names possibly not as good as OMGcosmetics? lindsayl-cosmeticssite.co.uk (example)
Or maybe some cosmetic bloggers or owners of cosmetic affiliate sites?

I understand that possibly bloggers or the example domain listed may not usually be high paying end users, nor is it an amazing domain.
It's actually a great example. Those companies should show some interest in your domain. Also OMGC.com would be an easy sale. :)

•••
If only it was OMGC.com!
Thanks again, All the best with that shipping domain!

•••
So many people helped me on this forum and in the business. I love trying to help others. :)

•••
Yeh, You lot don't seem so bad. For a bunch of squatters! ;)
Learning and sharing knowledge is a great thing! Thanks again.

•••
•••
Also You can list your domains at Igloo . com (previously DomainAdvisors . com)

•••
Also You can list your domains at Igloo . com (previously DomainAdvisors . com)

hmmm.. where do they get their domains form anyway? never heard of this place, never signed up and yet I see couple of my domains posted there lol

•••
hmmm.. where do they get their domains form anyway? never heard of this place, never signed up and yet I see couple of my domains posted there lol

Maybe they are partners with some of aftermarket places where you listed your domains.

•••
For sedo it can be 20./. Commission
Depending which path the buyer came from

If its an external listing
They need to pay affiliate commission
So then it s more expensive for you

It s beyond your controll

If you are german selling to germans
And you are tax registered
You need to pay addittionally
Another 19 ./. percent due to VAT

Which is no fun as you end up with
Minus 39 ./. Percent us some cases

Be aware if you offer
Buy now
And you forget to take the domain off sedo
And it gets sold at buy now

Sedo wants you to pay their commission
In order to keep your account alive

•••
Seeing ad this thread is appearing on Popular This Week I thought I would throw in a few more questions.
I appreciate all the answers so far. If you have just joined this thread and have some more suggestions of market places where you can list as 'make offer' Please throw them in.

However I am now interested in learning about Auctions.

I have a number of domains in my portfolio that tbh, I regret registering! Many of these names have some potential value I believe, I.e possible money back or at least some returns as opposed to me inevitably letting them drop when renewal comes around.

My view is that if I registered these names there is some hope that someone else may also do the same, whether they are inexperienced as I was or they just genuinely like the name. Some of the names have some potential plus points such as age or Estibot value. Things that led me to initially believe the names may have some value.

My question is, what should the strategy be with low value domains?
(Apart from not buying them in the first place!)
I am now considering entering the domains into 7 day auctions at Godaddy with starting bids close reg fees.

Does anyone have any better suggestions?

•••
•••
Seeing ad this thread is appearing on Popular This Week I thought I would throw in a few more questions.
I appreciate all the answers so far. If you have just joined this thread and have some more suggestions of market places where you can list as 'make offer' Please throw them in.

However I am now interested in learning about Auctions.

I have a number of domains in my portfolio that tbh, I regret registering! Many of these names have some potential value I believe, I.e possible money back or at least some returns as opposed to me inevitably letting them drop when renewal comes around.

My view is that if I registered these names there is some hope that someone else may also do the same, whether they are inexperienced as I was or they just genuinely like the name. Some of the names have some potential plus points such as age or Estibot value. Things that led me to initially believe the names may have some value.

I am now considering entering the domains into 7 day auctions at Godaddy with starting bids close reg fees.

•••
These domain selling companies minting money through hefty commission. I sold two domain names in Godaddy Auctions @ $ 20 each. After one week I got only $ 5 each, they say $ 15 was the commission for each domain. I sold an domain name on Sedo @ $ 150, they deducted $ 60 as commission. Ebay, Flippa cut 10% each. It is very hard to make money on domain name selling after paying these huge commission. After roaming everywhere, I joined NamePros. Here we pay no commission at all. I hope NamePros management keep this free service for years to come.

•••

Auction is not good for most domains especially for low value domains. There must be a single price if you really want to sell something. Always keep in mind that supermarkets and bars sell beer only with a BIN price. Because this is the only way to sell beer. You can buy a beer company from an auction but not a bottle of beer. Domains are not different.

•••
These domain selling companies minting money through hefty commission. I sold two domain names in Godaddy Auctions @ $ 20 each. After one week I got only $ 5 each, they say $ 15 was the commission for each domain. I sold an domain name on Sedo @ $ 150, they deducted $ 60 as commission. Ebay, Flippa cut 10% each. It is very hard to make money on domain name selling after paying these huge commission. After roaming everywhere, I joined NamePros. Here we pay no commission at all. I hope NamePros management keep this free service for years to come.

Did you try bido.com? They don't have a minimum commission. I sold some domains there.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back