Dynadot

advice Mailing Lists and Potential Spamming

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arimor

Established Member
Impact
Hi all,

I have registered two domain names pertaining to a certain industry, which I have now put on a domain auction site.

After doing some Googling, I found a directory specific to that industry, with over 1k email addresses of companies producing said item.

My question is, if I were to send a one-off email to those contacts advising them that my two domains were available for auction, also guaranteeing that they would not receive any further correspondence from me, unless otherwise requested, would I still run the risk of being done for spamming?

Having read a few threads on this forum, I know that the recommended approach is to normally email companies individually, and make it as personal and sincere as possible, i.e. quoting their name in the email, however in this instance, it would be impractical due to the numbers, although I would try and make the email as personal and professional as possible.

Any advice/pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Would also be interested in an answer to this

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back