NameSilo

Spamming?

Located in General Domain Discussion, started by Sam Hambling, Mar 20, 2016

Replies:
Views:

1. Sam Hambling

Sam Hambling Established Member

I ran / owned a hosting company. One of our server clients used their dedi as an email server to contact people with similar domains via WHOIS. Although I am not looking to do this, I'm wondering how successful that is as a strategy and whether you would simply end up blacklisting your ips (my understanding of anti-spam laws is that WHOIS is public information and as long as you aren't harvesting addresses, you are not spamming).

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. cloudguy

cloudguy Established Member

My advice: don't do that. You may sell a domain or two but your emails would be soon marked as spam, because sending mass emails to the people having similar domain is nothing but the spam.

3. SunPro

SunPro New Member

What is Spam? how it occurred in a content or comment? How we can save from spamming. I want to gather a good idea. Please tell me any body.

4. Hypersot

Hypersot Top Contributor VIP

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice