IT.COM

domain lovableloans.com +.net appraisal would be greatly appreciated!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

greggb

Established Member
Impact
I was hoping that someone with experience in the business/financial online markets might be able to give me a ballpark idea as to the value of this new, undeveloped premium domain name:
lovableloans.com
+ lovableloans.net

Thanks!
Gregg

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
As you have decided they are premium names you have already decided their value for yourself!

I think it's quite a good name. Loans is a big market. I like the alliteration with the two Ls. Reads nicely too with the "l" of "loans" making a separator. Nice concept too, loans you will love (loansyouwilllove.com is available).

Good luck.

•••
Thanks Charles. For what it's worth I use the word "premium" to indicate nothing more than the fact that the domain names are owned. I just recently started selling domain names and I was at first kind of confused as to the usage of "premium". It still seems a little redundant to me. But I notice this is the way it seems to be done, when it comes to selling domain names.

Please correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.
Gregg

•••
I am not fond of the name. Credit is a serious (and tough) business. You are not running a dating service.
Sentiments come into play when you're buying a car or a house due to the personal nature of such purchases, but taking out a loan is normally not an emotional act.
I know, you can brand monster around jobs or something else, but that kind of branding takes a lot of effort and resources.

•••
Thanks for your thoughts, sdsinc. My argument to your statement, that it takes a lot of effort and resources for that kind of branding, is a question: who has more resources, and would be willing to put more effort into such branding than a lending company?

•••
Let's say that the pool of possible end users is limited.
For example, if you are selling credit.com, any lender would want to own a domain like that. No discussion.
On the other hand, when it comes to a brandable type domain, the end user has to fall in love with the domain (more or less). This isn't a domain every end user will love :)

Also keep in mind that this domain was registered today, that means nobody would pick it for $10...

It's been registered in the past (once) but was dropped the very next year:
http://www.hosterstats.com/historicaldns.php?domain=lovableloans.com
That's it, it has remained unclaimed for 7 years. My gut feeling tells me this one will be a tough sell. Good luck anyway :)

•••
I think sdsinc is spot on - This is a serious (and regulated) niche and not known for brandable.

The word "Premium" is (mis)used by many domainer to sell crappy domains - Credit is a Premium domain - I am not sure lovableloans is (imho)

Good luck :)

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for the replies. So, my question is...isn't there someone out there would buy it for a small business, or an affiliate marketing website, or something like that? Because I'm going to tell you that the word 'loan'+just about any other starting with 'l' had already been taken.

I think the reason it hadn't been registered is because it slipped through the cracks. I mean, again, there were far dumber, even ridiculous combinations of loan(s)+other words registered. Combinations that had no poetic ring (and you have to admit that this one does) that didn't make sense in a lot of cases.

I mean, this one really should have been picked before some of the other ones I saw.

•••
Because I'm going to tell you that the word 'loan'+just about any other starting with 'l' had already been taken.
I think the reason it hadn't been registered is because it slipped through the cracks. I mean, again, there were far dumber, even ridiculous combinations of loan(s)+other words registered.
I agree, sometimes good names can slip through the cracks but not so many nowadays. Also keep in mind that the vast majority of registered domains will never sell. Just because they are taken, doesn't mean they are valuable.

Since there are more than 100 million domains registered just in .com, obviously there are not enough buyers to purchase all of them. The supply of domains exceeds the demand - by far.

•••
don't just what is reg'd man - check what has sold ;)

•••
I am not fond of the name. Credit is a serious (and tough) business. You are not running a dating service.

totally agree, as that was my first thought when I saw title of thread.

•••
kinda funny for me, with a little red heart as a logo and a pile of cash in the middle:rolleyes:

•••
don't just what is reg'd man - check what has sold ;)
Oh, so check to see if a domain name has been sold, and then register it if it...has been...because then I know it will sell. I'll do that in the future :-/

•••
I actually polled 5 different people before purchasing this domain name, and they instantly liked the name. When compared to 3 or 4 other names it was the one they liked the most, hands-down.

Quite often the opinion of the consumers, and the people who would be using something, differs from that of the experts, who've thought it thoroughly through. I guess as long as they remain unaware of how wrong they are for liking a domain name like this, they might just give it a visit.

The first response to this post was also by someone who really liked the name. I guess he probably doesn't now, since he's been corrected.

I'm going to tell you that if I were setting up an affiliate website, with lets say, loans with great rates, or refinancing options, I wouldn't think twice about using lovableloans.com. And I'm also going to tell you that someone might love to have their house refinanced, if it saved them $125,000 or so.

Are you going to tell me that you wouldn't love to win the lottery?

Oh, hell no, I wouldn't love to win the lottery. Because, you see, money and love are two things that don't go together. And that's why I wouldn't love to save over 100k on my mortgage. In fact, I wouldn't even like to have either of these happen. When it comes to money, you see, my feeling are more 'numeric'.

•••
kinda funny for me, with a little red heart as a logo and a pile of cash in the middle:rolleyes:
I won't be turning to you for graphic design, if that's the best you can come up with.

•••
@greggb well I don't do that anyway. And since when funny is bad? There's a niche for everything out there.

•••
@greggb It seems you have already made up your mind on the value and potential of this domain, no matter what people that have been doing this longer than last Saturday seem to be noting in regards to your asking of them for an appraisal. So I'd suggest you go out there and market it all the loan companies etc., who will be amazed at the opportunity to acquire it, and let us know after how much you sold it for. And you can then justify those 'consumer opinions' over experienced domainers and laugh all the way to the....bank??

•••
I have not met anyone who love loans including myself. Unless you have some new idea that would change the whole idea of borrowing and plan develop it, then the names are not more than reg fee. The only people who see loans as lovable are the ones who do the lending and make a huge profit back. It sounds like a nice way to make people feel more at ease to borrow and end up in more debt.

•••
I actually polled 5 different people before purchasing this domain name, and they instantly liked the name. When compared to 3 or 4 other names it was the one they liked the most, hands-down.
People may find that a domain is 'cool', that doesn't mean it has immediate resale value. Because when you're asking for appraisals on a domainer forum, people just look at the possible/realistic resale value for the domain, undeveloped. We don't appraise business ideas or what-if scenarios.

I'm going to tell you that if I were setting up an affiliate website, with lets say, loans with great rates, or refinancing options, I wouldn't think twice about using lovableloans.com. And I'm also going to tell you that someone might love to have their house refinanced, if it saved them $125,000 or so.
The question is (for us/you), will somebody want to buy that particular domain name, and even pay more than reg fee ? If not, you have to be your own end user.

Any domain name can be developed. I can pick an available domain, put a website on it, do some SEO and start doing business. The primeval domain is still the same.
You can even resell it later, but the value will come from the development, the website, SEO and the customer base. Not the domain alone.

•••
CuteLoans
DeliciousLoans
PrettyLoans
BeautifulLoans
DearLoans
AdorableLoans
These are all available in dot com, and many more along these kinds of lines. And a lot more along other kinds of lines. What you have is a complete brandable, and there are a huge ton of similar brandable word combination with loans, still available to reg. I mean, thousands.

Remember that you're asking us for our opinions, how your domain strikes us in terms of immediate value and obvious sellability to end users. And you're asking people who have spent years, at least many of us have spent most of our early domaining years, registering such brandables as these. I myself went through at least a hundred of them, and my rationalizations were exactly the same as yours.

A case can be made for any brandable. If you build a neat idea around any kind of wacky brandable term, it can become popular. Hence 'google' and 'PlentyOfFish' etc. But this is possibly the largest mistake domainers have made over the past decade... registering millions of such brandables, thinking 'it looks so cool, SOMEONE should buy it and build a business around it!' This business plan has made many domainers considerably poorer, and many registrars quite rich.

Yes, there are good, tight, really attractive brandable word combinations. But the one you've posted can have far too many variations still available for reg fee, and I simply couldn't see myself standing before a table of banking professionals looking seriously for a name to build a business around, and trying to sell them your domain. In my opinion, it would never sell, even for reg fee, to someone starting a business.

Part of having a successful domaining plan is to 'actually see the buyers for your domain'. It's not 'registering names that look cool and sound like they'd make a cool business/website name' and then figuring 'some buyer' will see it. If I owned this domain... who would I email? No point in emailing existing loans companies, they're already branded, and quite strongly. Who you going to find on google, to email? There is no such list of 'people who want to start a loans company but don't have a brand name yet'. The only way to sell this one is to put it up for sale on the domain sites, and hope someone comes trolling along who thinks it's the perfect domain. And like I said, that domaining plan is what empties your wallet and fills the bank accounts of the registrars. Now I carry almost no brandables. Any I carry, have very obvious end users, or very obvious popular attraction. For example I recently sold YouDaMan dot com for x,xxx (that's right everyone, I am no longer Da Man). It's a common saying, slangy, a brandable rather than generic, but its usage is all over the net so I knew it was a strong bet. But 'lovable loans' is starting from scratch, and you'd have to talk your leg off to try sell it to someone.

So, don't take it personally. Most of us have been there, and I myself have been to that place of thinking: "This is a great brandable, someone should love it!" I'm not trying to make you believe me or agree with me. In a year or two you'll let this domain drop because you'll have moved past this 'looks neat, I'll reg it, someone might buy it' business plan, into a business model that involves a much stronger lean towards not having to explain to anyone the use of your domains; you'll just reg/buy domains that have immediate, obvious, and numerous possible buyers. I underlined those three because they're a good holy trinity to keep in mind when regging or buying domains. Yes, brandables sell. But if they're not obvious-usage brandables, then you need to develop a really, really strong sense of picking non-obvious brandables that are attractive to buyers. It's a skill without which you can spend a lot of money on domains that slide you into brokeness.

Stop arguing with our opinions. Our opinions aren't worthless, they're the result of us making a lot of mistakes ourselves through the years. If you thank and agree with one or two people who say exactly what you want to hear, and then argue with everyone else who disagrees with you... there's no point in putting your domain up here for appraisal, is there?

Myself, in my experienced opinion: I see an impossibly hard sell, not the kind of name your targeted businesses would buy, and value it at zero. That doesn't mean I'm right. Who knows? But it doesn't mean I'm wrong, either. The short story: it's a huge gamble, with an unclear domain name. And I prefer much clearer gambles, with clearer domain names.

Good luck, best wishes

Last edited:
•••
It's almost a classic mistake to buy names that we really, really like - with no other favorable criteria. You have to accept that the reason these names were there for the taking was because absolutely nobody in the world was willing to pay $10 for them. That could change tomorrow, but they have literally been unwanted for years to date.

I still register domains for no reason other than I like them. Some even sell, shockingly. But it's not a good business model. Eventually, I let most of them drop after the love has worn off. Use only the money you can afford to lose for these kinds of purchases.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back