IT.COM

Looks like Pictures.net was a scam

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mackskinner Account Auto-Closed

To the people who thought I was over reacting - you're welcome

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This is GD Control panel - Fake Domain name (Photoshop)

example-gd-cpanel.jpg

This is NOT GD Control panel - Fake - Not so good. Try again

fake-gd-cpanel.jpg

•••
I am the most well liked person on NamePros! Lol
You people kill me

What if someone does that to your valuable name with zero involvement on your part? Person A tries to scam using it, person B states that the domain is a scam?

•••
There is a surge in people opening new accounts, then posting category killer domains.

Deliver.com for $30K was the scam of the day, the owner was all over it, and called it a scam from the start.

Can namepros restrict anyone from posting any domains for sale, until they have a feedback rating of 1, or 1 like, or something? With crypto currencies in play with no recourse, some newbie is going to get burned bad sooner, or later.

•••
There is a surge in people opening new accounts, then posting category killer domains.

Deliver.com for $30K was the scam of the day, the owner was all over it, and called it a scam from the start.

Can namepros restrict anyone from posting any domains for sale, until they have a feedback rating of 1, or 1 like, or something? With crypto currencies in play with no recourse, some newbie is going to get burned bad sooner, or later.

good idea... especially with the laws in place where we can't comment on sales threads.. go figure.. you post to warn others of a scam, and instead of scammer getting banned yuo get banned first for breaking some rule lol

yes i know .. clikc the report button.. blabla.. but sometimes moderators take many hours to react.. like you say could be enough time for a newbie to post sold at bin... pay for the whole damn thing and get screwed.

cheers

•••
good idea... especially with the laws in place where we can't comment on sales threads.. go figure.. you post to warn others of a scam, and instead of scammer getting banned yuo get banned first for breaking some rule lol

yes i know .. clikc the report button.. blabla.. but sometimes moderators take many hours to react.. like you say could be enough time for a newbie to post sold at bin... pay for the whole damn thing and get screwed.

cheers
That is the thing, someone mentioned the Bitcoin keyword, and the scammer lit up

https://www.namepros.com/threads/deliver-com-30-000.1066897/#post-6585064

•••
yes... that was not a very smart scammer...

too bad I didn't get to find out if he takes scamcoin

•••

cheers
Yea, I got a warning for making comments on that page, indicating it was a scam, things move so quick, it is so easy for someone to get sucked into a deal, especially when these scammers can easily take a pic, and mimic a username to reflect real life details of the owners. In a matter of minutes someone can be sucked out of thousands, could ruin a marriage, can ruin their life, big consequences for a newbie thinking they are making a big step in domaining.

but at least the domain owner was greatful for getting tipped off there was someone attempting to do shady things with their domain..

I am very grateful for your vigilance and for taking the time to notify me.
It’s always nice to be reminded there are still some good guys around.

David Lowy

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back