Dynadot

Logo - Tattoo style Laughing Buddha. $40

NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I need a design done of a 'laughing Buddha' in style of a black / grey tattoo.

Should look something like this: http://www.bodyartdiary.com/maitreya-buddha-tattoo-for-endless-luck.html
Though i'd like the colours to be bit darker / bolder / crisper.

The actual buddha i want the logo based on is a statue i have, you can view it here: www.immigrationuk.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=142&action=edit

So i want the logo to look like a black / grey tattoo, based on the statue in the link above.

Contest ends on Monday 11th August, 12 noon UK time.
Feel free to ask any questions

Attachments

• buddha.jpg
    buddha.jpg
    454.2 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Where will the tattoo be on your body?

Also, if you already have tattoos in the surrounding area, please post a photo.

Last edited:
•••
upper arm.
No existing tattoo's

•••
buddha-preview2.jpg

I'm not a shading artist, but your tattooist should be able to work well with this.

Last edited:
•••
•••
buddha-preview2.jpg

I'm not a shading artist, but your tattooist should be able to work well with this.

I like it.
Can you add some folds into the robe on his left leg like in statue.
And can you work a bit on the rounded cone shaped object in his left hand to make it closer to shape in statue.

Don't worry too much on intricate shading as the tattooist will take care of that, i just need the basic design

•••
•••
I like it.
Can you add some folds into the robe on his left leg like in statue.
And can you work a bit on the rounded cone shaped object in his left hand to make it closer to shape in statue.

Don't worry too much on intricate shading as the tattooist will take care of that, i just need the basic design

buddha3.jpg

•••
•••
Hayes.......This is disappointing, if this in fact not your original art work (Hoping that it is!). If this isn't your art work, I hope you haven't been doing this with your previous designs, ripping off the hard earned money of contest holders. To borrow ideas from certain designs of general, basic, commonly found objects is understandable, but to flat out copy an entire piece of art work is not acceptable IMHO...

•••
We need to maintain the *trust* of contest holders or they won't bother holding contests here anymore. Please don't degrade NamePro's market place with this kind of BS. It's not only disrespectful to the CH, NamePro's founders and Admin, but it's also disrespectful to other hard working designers.

Really hoping this is Haye's original art work and looking forward to him clarifying.

Last edited:
•••
ALSO, Even if this is in fact Haye's original art, he should mention to the CH that he has it available on RedBubble.com as clip art, because no one wants to have a tattoo of clip art on their skin. That would be disrespectful on all kinds of levels lol.

Last edited:
•••
I have taken creative liberty knowing this was for a personal tattoo and not a business or website.
Does the Magic Kingdom have a dungeon for all the patron's with Mickey Mouse tattoos?
Also funny how I have been centered out, when Ian Goh also used 'clip art'. I guess it doesn't matter unless you actually do a good job.

•••
If you won this contest, revolutiongfx on RedBubble.com should get the money not you silly ass....

You've taken UNcreative liberty to go searching online for another designer's work to rip off for profit. Your Mickey Mouse analogy is invalid. You see, if someone wants a Mickey Mouse tattoo it's the designer's responsibility to give the client what he's requesting. But what you've actually done is equivalent to someone approaching you and asking for a unique tattoo of a photo of a statue (your personal creative take on the statue of a mouse) and then you go searching online for images of Mickey Mouse to pass as your own in disrespect of the designer and your client.

Don't pretend like you don't understand the difference, because no one here will buy it (I hope) lol.

Like I said, if the CH wanted clip art inked into his skin he would have went searching online.

If Ian Goh is using clip art he also has a lot of explaining to do, but don't use him as an excuse. This is all against the rules and you knew it already, so don't try to justify your dishonesty.

•••
I will wait to hear from mckennaronnie, because I'm sure he is happy with the modifications that make it match the statue.

Last edited:
•••
I have taken creative liberty knowing this was for a personal tattoo and not a business or website....

It's someone else's artwork that you put up for sale without his/her consent. At the very least, the original artist should have been credited.

In my opinion it's just a mistake that we can zen about it.

•••
Hayes....

I'm almost confident that the contest holder will find your efforts to deceive him offensive, and because you're still defending this obvious attempt to fool him into buying something from you, that doesn't belong to you, he will likely find your silliness even more offensive.

Your way of thinking is out of this world....

Last edited:
•••
I think he's going to have one great looking, statue matching tattoo.

•••
How is it possible that you still don't understand that what you did was immoral? lol...

•••
Not for a personal tattoo, IMO. If it were a company logo, definitely.
Plus I modified it to match his statue.

•••
So you believe in breaking the rules of this forum, as long as you think it's ok right?

•••
Do you believe in selective enforcement of those rules? Because there are only two attempts in this thread, and we both modified clip art.

•••
Ian Goh, are you using clip art?

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back