Domain Empire

Logo - Tattoo style Laughing Buddha. $40

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I need a design done of a 'laughing Buddha' in style of a black / grey tattoo.

Should look something like this: http://www.bodyartdiary.com/maitreya-buddha-tattoo-for-endless-luck.html
Though i'd like the colours to be bit darker / bolder / crisper.

The actual buddha i want the logo based on is a statue i have, you can view it here: www.immigrationuk.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=142&action=edit

So i want the logo to look like a black / grey tattoo, based on the statue in the link above.

Contest ends on Monday 11th August, 12 noon UK time.
Feel free to ask any questions

Attachments

• buddha.jpg
    buddha.jpg
    454.2 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Of course you're using clip art Ian. The entire design is ripped off from the clipart in the link you provided. The only difference is the head and beads in hand.

•••
Settle the dispute already. Clip art is fine for tattoos. It gives a real tattoo artist something to work off of (shadowing, shading, etc.)... :rolleyes:

Nobody gonna get a damn clip art tattoo, but from personal experience, I turned in clip art and the artist did his work on it making it much better. If you go into a tattoo parlor and they print that off, you're stuck with a $40 tattoo. Let them work on it with their stenciling skills and ante up $200-$400 more, then you have an awesome tattoo IMO.

[Removed]
Clip art, once done by a pro, it's unique. Find it. (This is about 15-30 minutes in on a 2-3 hour job... Clip art is fine if you know the artist B-))

Last edited:
•••
This is a design contest, not a "who can find the best clip art" contest David lol...Not sure what you're getting at, and I'm not sure if anything you've said applies to what's supposed to happen in a design contest - especially one with clear rules against using clip art....

•••
Hayes wins, i'll pm later for payment info.

I personally have no issue with the clipart being used as this is just for a basic template to show my tattois what i'm looking for then he will do his bit in making it unique.

As to whether clipart is right or wrong for designers, i'll leave that up to you guys to debate.

•••
OK? This guy tried to fool you into thinking someone else's design is his own, then you reward the plagiarism with a payment that should go to the original artist, encouraging others to join contests in a bid for easy money scamming people. You're willfully a scam victim, but don't think this is acceptable on any kind of moralistic level lol. If the admins don't have a problem with people breaking the rules, it's STILL wrong! And that's a statement I stand by, as a genuine designer, not a clip art re-designer.

I'm glad I didn't waste too much time designing in this contest...would have been super disappointing...

Cheers!

•••
Hayes wins, i'll pm later for payment info.

I personally have no issue with the clipart being used as this is just for a basic template to show my tattois what i'm looking for then he will do his bit in making it unique.

As to whether clipart is right or wrong for designers, i'll leave that up to you guys to debate.
Good choice. You need to give a tattoo artist a basic design. The clip art was uniquely modified and an artist will sketch a badass design for you.

Let's see it when it's done.

•••
OK? This guy tried to fool you into thinking someone else's design is his own, then you reward the plagiarism with a payment that should go to the original artist, encouraging others to join contests in a bid for easy money scamming people. You're willfully a scam victim, but don't think this is acceptable on any kind of moralistic level lol. If the admins don't have a problem with people breaking the rules, it's STILL wrong! And that's a statement I stand by, as a genuine designer, not a clip art re-designer.
Read the TITLE of the thread. This may go against the rules, but I'll leave it up to staff.. It isn't for a logo for a website, this is for a piece of art that will last 30+ years on skin. A template for a tattoo artist to work from. Clip art or not, it gives an idea. Have you ever been to a tattoo parlor? They have BOOKS of clip art. From that, they can use the plain one for $40 or kick-ass for $200+ (depending on size, color, etc.).

•••
Read the description. He says he wants something designed. He didn't ask for clip art. When you say to a bunch of designers "design something based on this" and one of the designers quietly slips cip art into the contest with hopes that no one will notice and think that it's his own design, you can't expect other designers to take that lightly. Your problem is that you don't respect designers. Many people think that designs just come out of their asses like magic. No it takes work...and besides, I didn't come up with the rules...and the rules are in place for the sake of integrity. Otherwise people will be using clip art in every contest. When someone has a "design" contest it should remain a "design" contest. That's it! There are no "but but but, it's a tattoo template, so it doen't matter". That's intellectually dishonest and if you're not a designer, I don't expect you to understand why. Last word should be that rules are in place for a reason...

•••
And when you drop your principles and reward plagiarized design, you are undermining the efforts of all future contest holders who want genuine designs, by encouraging others to plagiarize. Essentially, you're lowering the bar and the quality of the marketplace....it's a self centered solution that only the CH benefits from...

Principles....no one gives a shit about principles anymore. I wonder what the original artist's take on all of this would be LOL....

You fellas have fun alright! Cheers!

•••
I'd beg to differ with the modifications made to the clip-art... But, whatever. Let the mods/ you all hash it out. This is a tattoo design idea request. Of course, there are other forums and even paid sites to get this done (and even stenciled), but he chose this one and he picked a winner.\

Principles....no one gives a shit about principles anymore. I wonder what the original artist's take on all of this would be LOL....

Probably would be glad his work got noticed and will appear on a body for life. Just my rational thinking...

•••
Again, you don't respect designers as human beings, just magicians who pull designs out of their arse. Would an author be honored to have his writings plagiarized in a contest? Your thinking is emotionally fixated on an irrational idea my friend...

•••
As per the rules, you may not use clipart / stock in a logo / tm / brand contest. However, this contest appears to be for a tattoo which is a bit different when researching stock license agreements. It's up to the contest holder if they wish to allow refurbished stock in their tattoo or not.

Thanks for understanding and please update this thread once everything's finalized so we can close the contest.

•••
As per the rules, you may not use clipart / stock in a logo / tm / brand contest. However, this contest appears to be for a tattoo which is a bit different when researching stock license agreements. It's up to the contest holder if they wish to allow refurbished stock in their tattoo or not.

Thanks for understanding and please update this thread once everything's finalized so we can close the contest.

Thank God this was settled. Maybe I can request some new work here (almost done) instead of artists first then another artist. :p

•••
Payment received; files sent.

•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back