IT.COM

Logo needed for DnSalvage.com.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Type of Contest : LOGO Design

Prize : $50.00 paid via Paypal

Contest End Date & Time : Sep 10th, can be ended earlier if I like a logo.

Size Requirements : Any

Color Requirements : 4 colors max. The site will be on a white background.

General Requirements : Logo is for DnSalvage.com. I would like the L in Salvage to be a crane used to pull up sunken ships, with a rope and a hook. The Dn should be seperate color from Salvage. You can try a little tag line under the domain if you think it works with the logo.

tag line options:

1. Domain Name Rescue & Restoration
2. You pick something that sounds good.

Additional Information : No Additional Info.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My attempt.....feedback appreciated

dn2copy.jpg

dn1copy.jpg

•••
Hmm, way too simple and not professional enough. I want the logo to stand out and be memorable.

The crane is weird and the letters are too basic.

•••
Here's a concept idea
Flexible for both web & print media

Feedback Appreciated​

•••
Hmm, not too bad. How about removing the water and making the crane stand out a little more. Try some text variations.

•••
revised concept
different font, eliminated water, added ladder to crane, enlarged crane, added a person on the "S" for additional symbolism.

Feedback Appreciated​

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

Revised font
Thicker & rounder

Feedback Appreciated​

•••
I like the little dude on the S, looks good. What do you think about using Black for Dn and the text. It needs to be easily readable on a business card as well as a website.

Also the cables, do you think they would look good if they were a different color?

Also have tried putting a border on the letters?

I do like it though, clearly in 1st place at this point. :D

•••
Revised
Using Black on secondary letters & cables, Background outline for the text & crane to help bring it out more.

Feedback Appreciated​

•••
Looks pretty good. Like I said, you are currently in first place. Still a little while to go, feel free to submit any other ideas you may have.

•••
Nice stuff scorpion :tu:

•••
Revised
Tag line seemed to get lost in the last version, so i improvised to bring it out more yet still maintain the balance.

Feedback Appreciated​

Last edited:
•••
That long G looks weird. What if you just enlarged the letters on the original.

•••
Revised tagline
Here's 6 tag line placement comparisons

Feedback Appreciated​

•••
Hmm, yeah tagline doesn't really work on any of those. Might just have to not even add it.

•••
Revised
Without tag line & how it would look in black & white

Feedback Appreciated​

•••
Question. The blue can easily be changed to red, green, whatever right?

•••
Hey Jason, according to the NP rules:

All Contests Must Have An End Date
All contest held within the DC Forums MUST have an end date. This CAN NOT be longer than 10 days. It is VERY unlikely, if it is a thought out contest, that you will not find a good design here in NP over that period of time. To maximize the response, we would suggest you post the contest with a longer, rather than shorter, time frame. This gives the designers ample time to put together quality entries.

Just thought I'd let you know, in case you didn't ;)

•••
Question. The blue can easily be changed to red, green, whatever right?

That's correct, As a design agency i have the capabilities of delivering in over 78+ industry standard formats.

The most popular layered Master file formats that are normally requested are::: .Ai / .Svg / .Psd / .Dpa / .Eps / .Pdf / .Cdr / .Wmf
(Simply let me know what software you might be editing in & I can produce a fully layered master file that it supports)

Here's a sample of what the logo might look like in a few different colors

Last edited:
•••
K cool. Thanks.

Still a ways to go on this. Anyone else planning on submitting?

•••
I may submit a little later...

•••
Hi,
Here is my entry. 10 days should be plenty of time.
Jason, if you keep giving that kind of detailed feedback as you did so far, you will have lot of entries pouring in. That's for sure.

Edit: Could you please update the closing date in the opening message? Cheers.

The simple version is for print and the other for web.
64729308.gif

Last edited:
•••
Love the second version of scorpion (too many cables though), erdinc needs a lil inspiration :p

•••
Hi nodws,
The contest holder wants a crane in the logo as described in the opening message. Therefore I put a crane, not because I copied from scorpion. I guess we will see many other designs with a crane in it. Looking forward to see your entry.

•••
Have a look

Feedback will be Appricated :--------
wdcim.jpg

with tag line
wdcim.jpg

Last edited:
•••
Scorpio: They are right, too many cables, can you remove the 2 on the right? I wonder if you remove the cables if you could fit the tag line in 2 parts. Domain Rescue at the top and then "and Restoration" at the bottom. It might look like crap but it might work, just an idea.

Erdinc: Your logo isn't professional enough. Remember, this is going to be on web and print. I need someone to be like damn, that is one hot logo. Believe me though, I appreciate every submitted entry.

WD: Basically the same as Erdinc. Crane and the words just don't go together.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back