IT.COM

Logo needed for DnSalvage.com.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Type of Contest : LOGO Design

Prize : $50.00 paid via Paypal

Contest End Date & Time : Sep 10th, can be ended earlier if I like a logo.

Size Requirements : Any

Color Requirements : 4 colors max. The site will be on a white background.

General Requirements : Logo is for DnSalvage.com. I would like the L in Salvage to be a crane used to pull up sunken ships, with a rope and a hook. The Dn should be seperate color from Salvage. You can try a little tag line under the domain if you think it works with the logo.

tag line options:

1. Domain Name Rescue & Restoration
2. You pick something that sounds good.

Additional Information : No Additional Info.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Revised
Here it is with right cables removed & divided tag line

Here it is with just the right cables removed

I have to agree, it looks allot cleaner with the right cables gone :)

•••
moved to #38

Last edited:
•••
nice work

Scorpian: good work but wires will not look clean in smaller version.
Erd: Your New Entry is much intersted.
WD: Simple and look nice but may be jason need more intersting...

Cheers for all designers.

•••
moved to #38

Last edited:
•••

My Entry 2 Versions

Ver 1.0

cranecopy.png

Ver 2.0

cranecopy1.png

---------- Post added at 04:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 AM ----------

ver 3.0

cranecopy2.png

•••
Erdinc: Your new one is a lot better. It would probably be in the lead if Scorpio didn't enter.
Spiderman: Thanks for the entry but it the logo doesn't pop for me. I need something that is simple yet complex.
Scorpio: Yes, the cables on the right being removed is the way to go. The tagline I guess doesn't work with this logo. Not a bad thing I guess, just a fact.

---------- Post added at 07:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 AM ----------

By the way, I changed the end date to Sep 10.

•••
Thats much better Erdinc, still I know you can do better.

I think scorpion's entry looks better without tagline.

•••
Yeah I agree nodws. I will just use the tagline in another way instead of built into the logo if I choose scorpions.

•••
Thought id have a bash at this one :D - watermark will be removed on delivery of psd should you like the logo :p

Feedback appreciated

dns.jpg

•••
Your logo has a different concept which isn't bad, just not what I plan on doing with the site. Actually if mine doesn't pan out, I can always go that route, lol.

Something about it though makes me wonder what the name is, probably because I have to read it and then look up and then look back down to finish the word, hehe.

I am going to go with a blue logo though so you did get that part. :D

My concept for the site: Domain and website restoration. 2 parts to the company, 1 is where I find premium expired domain names, package them with a $25 logo contest from Namepros and then do some targetted marketing to a for sale page on my site. The 2nd part is where I can offer website cleanups on some of the really horrible sites out there. I would do a whole lot less of this and more of the first part but I am going to keep it as part of my business model going forward. There is a lot of good and reasonably priced designers on this site so I will probably do some sort of revenue split on any web restoration orders.

I think in the end, my site will put money in my pockets and the logo/web designers of Namepros.

Last edited:
•••
Yeah, I decided to try a slightly different concept to the other entries and I thought the slogan I put in suits the name and the logo well

Anything you think I could do with the logo to improve on it? do you still want a crane in the logo even was just wondering given what you just said :p

thanks for the feedback though

•••
Yeah, it is very important that the crane is in the logo. The tagline doesn't need to be in it though.

You can try different concepts with the crane. I also want a background/border on the letters and Dn has to be a different color then the rest of the word.

•••
I have a new design with a new crane. I've also moved the previous two here for easy comparison. Let me know if you think there is a way to improve them.
84675145.gif

71940134.gif

89097137.gif

3grey.gif

15287933.gif

Last edited:
•••
•••
Looking for more entries.

•••
feedback is appreciated....

dnsalvagev1b.jpg

•••
Welp, thought I would throw a couple in :)

dnsalvage.gif

dnsalvage2.gif

•••
not bad but the crane sort of looks like um uh, you know.

•••
a crane? :)

Or are you after one of these cranes? :D

crane.jpg

•••
It sort of looks like a penis...

•••
•••
It's not bad. The website is white though and the logo needs to be blue.

I would probably put you in the top 3 but Scorpio is still in the lead. :D

•••
thanks for the err, feedback ;)

dnsalvagev2c.jpg

•••
Jason,
at the beginning of the contest the feedback was good. I think many designers would like that "change that, do that, try that" approach. Let me try to give my feedback instead.

Spiderman,
I don't like the font in version 1 and 2. It is too young and fun. It needs to be more business like. Also I don't think the purple fits well. In version 3 the font face is too thin. Make it bolder. Also in all versions the crane has too much small detail in it for a logo.

Electric-Shadow,
I think there was no need to lift the N. It makes it look more messy. The watermark you have used gets in the way. I would try with a different watermark. The S is lifted way too high, making it difficult to read the word. The tagline could be a different colour. I don't think two exclamation marks are needed. There is too much space between the letters. That blue tone (also used at NP in the past) is too weak and doesn't feel sharp enough. You could try putting the right leg of the crane to the N.

Nodws,
The crane doesn't feel right. It looks like an artillery. The background on salvage in the first two designs doesn't work. Forget the first two.
For the third one: This could be improved by separating A and L. It needs to read easily. Also the shine effect on the third one isn't correct. It should be the other way around. Not from middle to top but from top to the middle. And add some stroke using the same red so the letters will look like they have depth. The horizontal gradient in salvage which changes from red to dark red, is unnecessary. There is too much space between some letters especially V and A.

WD,
The crane has too much detail. It has to be more graphic like and less photo like. There is too much space between letters. The tagline needs to be darker. The .com is too small.

sf2010,
first entry: I like the idea but it reads as salvage.com and not as DNSalvage.com. You need to connect the DN to salvage more. Maybe you could try with less layers on the DN. The L looks as if it is cut to two pieces. Can you make it look more bend. I like the font in salvage but slightly more bolder would look better.
second entry: I don't like it.

Matt,
The crane in your first entry is just terrible. Is it possible to remove it? It just looks like a construction crane that completed part of a mutation to become a tree. In your second entry the font feels to playful and fun. Try a different font. Also I wouldn't put black stroke to the blue (currently yellow). I like your crane but I would change the pointy triangle to something else. You could try using the .com the other way around with the dot at the bottom.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks Erd for the feedback. :D

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back