Domain Empire

LLLL.com COUNTDOWN!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
COUNTDOWN COMPLETE!

NO MORE 4 LETTER DOMAIN AVAILABLE TO REGISTER!

Since early 2005, I have been investing/trading with 4 letter domain names. I started this thread due to the large variation in opinions on how many four letter domains there are available. When I started, I heard a range on viewpoints ranging from 200,000 down to nothing. What I learned that most people did not know how many were available.

Sources of Error for the estimates in number of available 4 letter domains include:

Traffic Testers: These are people who buy thousands of domains at a time to see if the domains are being visited and only keep the small percentage of domains that have regular visitors and cancel their orders for the domains that don't have a regular flow of visitors.

Inefficient ways of making estimates: There are over 450 thousand possible 4-Letter domains. There are short cuts that people can take in estimating the number that been registered that don't include all domains. One short cut that is often taken is for somebody to search through a list of previously available 4 letter names that they purchased (or got for free) and assume that all the names that are not on that list are registered.

People quoting old information:The variation in the number available changes all the time. Estimates that are months old are very different than up to date estimates.

People manipulating information for a sale:It definately is true that incorrect information on the available number of 4-letter domains can intensionally be manipulated to sell 4-letter domains at a higher price. Typically the lack of supply tends to motivate people to pay higher prices.

As a 4-letter domain trader, I believe that the information of how many 4-letter domains there are is extremely valuable for two main reasons. Firstly, my pricing of my names is subject to the amount of work it requires for customer to find for similar name. Secondly, if I want to increase my stock of 4-letter names than the information of how many there are at reg fee prices is essential.

I decided to update this thread when the number of available 4-letter domains dropped to the following levels:
22% Remaining - 25th January 2006
19% Remaining - 31st March 2006
16% Remaining - 29th June 2006
13% Remaining - 1st August 2006
10% Remaining - 15th February 2007 (crossed without traffic testing early April)
9% Remaining - 26th February 2007 (crossed without traffic testing early May)
8% Remaining - 2nd March 2007 (crossed without traffic testing in June)
7% Remaining - 21st March 2007 (crossed without traffic testing early July)
6% Remaining - 3rd July 2007(crossed without traffic testing some time in July)
5% Remaining - 1st August 2007(crossed without traffic testing August 11)
4% Remaining - 14th August 2007(crossed late August)
3% Remaining - 15th September 2007(crossed In September)
2% Remaining - 14th October 2007
1% Remaining - 31st October 2007
0% Remaining - 2nd November - COUNTDOWN COMPLETE!

Although, the number of available domains does sometime rise straight after it drops due to traffic testing and people dropping their domains, I don't consider it worth mentioning unless the rise is as significant as a 3% rise in the number of available domains.

Types of Four Letter Domains that have run out include:
- ALL OF THEM!

Since I started this thread important event about four letter domains that are worth mentioning happenned:

1: Late March/Early April 2006 there was a significant shift in the market for brandable (fake words) 4-letter domains and they started selling at significantly higher prices and the market for the names has been a lot more active ever since.

2: In July 2006, a namepros member 3par launched DYYO.com as a site committed to educating people about 4 letter domains. This is an excellent resource for those who are interested in 4 letter domain names.

3: In early February 2007. All the 4 letter domains starting with the letter A ran out.

4: wasistdas won QQNQ.COM, PCZV.COM & IQKE.COM for the competition for predicting when the 4 Letter domains would run out
Less than 23% of the 4 letter domain names are unregistered. I thought I'd try to keep this thread updated every time I discover another 1% reduction. I am now routinely checking the percentage of unregisted 4 letter domains.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

Last edited:
•••
12 More available found:

XVZJ.COM
JKQV.COM
ZVKR.COM
xyGv.com
xvRj.com
xvqH.com
xvqC.com
xvLz.com
xvkF.com
xkqB.com
xkCv.com
xqjO.com

•••
johnnywj said:
12 More available found:

XVZJ.COM
JKQV.COM
ZVKR.COM
xyGv.com
xvRj.com
xvqH.com
xvqC.com
xvLz.com
xvkF.com
xkqB.com
xkCv.com
xqjO.com

Thanks johnnywj

Picked up all those without Q's.

Cheers

John

•••
johnnywj said:
12 More available found:

XVZJ.COM
JKQV.COM
ZVKR.COM
xyGv.com
xvRj.com
xvqH.com
xvqC.com
xvLz.com
xvkF.com
xkqB.com
xkCv.com
xqjO.com

I said it was going to be Whack-a-mole! :hehe:

•••
Hey, thanks
johnnywj...
rep'd!

•••
6 more Available found:

YVXZ.COM
YVNZ.COM
XVYI.COM
VKLQ.COM
UQWH.COM
JQWC.COM

•••
thanks again
johnnywj...
class act!

•••
Here is 3 more Available:

YGVX.COM
OTQV.COM
OQRW.COM

•••
johnnywj said:

YGVX.COM
OTQV.COM
OQRW.COM

Thanks Johnny...grabbed OTQV.COM...rep added! :tu:

SDX

•••
OQRW taken by me. Thanks. Could no rep .. I am too fond of you it seems...

•••
johnnywj said:

YGVX.COM
OTQV.COM
OQRW.COM
Rep added for your efforts :)

Matt.

•••
•••
Travis said:
On the contrary, jqva.com isnt that bad at all, ie a typo for java because q is right above a.

Totally! That's what I was gonna say. It's not only a LLLL.com, it's also a nice, short typo of a very popular term.

I'd say that's a pretty good LLLL.com to have. :)

•••
•••
although i din register the drop listnames but rep added to johnny for posting them
keep em coming

•••
johnnywj said:
1 Available:

YGZV.COM

Rep added for your efforts, haven't reg'd any but nice to see someone's on the search :D :tu:

•••
Countdown is over. I think that it is best to start LLLL.com available names thread/s in the available names section and post available names there.

•••
•••
i guess this thread had mark a significance in every LLLL.com investor.. over this 2 years.. when VURG started the thread , and then his LessThan $96 domain website Then the L--L.com and N--N.com era..Then countdown till buyout.. This thread really meant a lot for LLLL.com updates..Thks VURG and all the members like johnnywj, italiandragon, wordsworth to make this thread to 109 page as of today~
GREAT JOB!

•••
I missed the great time :(

Is there any related news published on some journals?

•••
DotCN said:
I missed the great time :(

Is there any related news published on some journals?
i saw one a blog by the thread started on vurg.blogspot.com
n few others on digg etc..

•••
I have JFTO.com

is that worth anything?

•••
kubativity said:
I have JFTO.com

is that worth anything?

3 premium letters and one low quality one. I'd say around $50 now and worth much more in the future. I'd hold on to it for a few years. It'll only appreciate in value.

•••
abdussamad said:
3 premium letters and one low quality one. I'd say around $50 now and worth much more in the future. I'd hold on to it for a few years. It'll only appreciate in value.
Agreed

•••
P.S.

nqwm.com is currently available to register.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back