IT.COM

LLL or NNN.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Which domains have more value. LLL or NNN domains.. IMO NNN have a greater value for the fact that there is less of them around.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Depends.
The domain 123.com is worth more than tyq.com
You can't compare them.

•••
less of them always means worth more. NNN.

•••
Average cost will ofcourse be higher for the NNN .
But abc will ofcourse be higher than a 348 or something.
Similarly 111 will be better than a gpb

•••
betterdayz4 said:
less of them always means worth more. NNN.

Demand compared to supply is far more important.

Edit: Sorry for the curse :).

Last edited:
•••
Tijmen said:
--------
Demand compared to supply is far more important

Remember there are some very young people on these forums

Supply plays a very big role in the domain name industry, as does demand.

There are only 1000 NNN domain names available on most domain extensions (other than .US of which many are reserved including all NNN.us names beginning with the number '8')

Compared to that, there are 17576 LLL domain names... 16576 more! NNN domain names are very rare and very valuable. Also notice that LLL.com domain names are worth loads... the fact there arent many of them plays a vrey big part in how much they are worth, because there aren't really that many of them compared to the amount of LLLL and LLLLL domain names. and even LLLL domain names are beginning to rise in price.

Where there are short supplies, there is more demand.

•••
I can't imagine why someone would want the domein 391, but I can imagine why they would want FLP f.e., FLP could be an acronym for a company 391 not.

•••
Hi - LLL are far more valuable IMO

•••
Tijmen said:
I can't imagine why someone would want the domein 391, but I can imagine why they would want FLP f.e., FLP could be an acronym for a company 391 not.

I see them more as collectors items :) They are rare, so people like to own them.

•••
Obviously no NNN.com sale has ever approached the amount of a top LLL.com sale. LLL can be an acronym VIP, a word MEN numbers are cool but there value is not greater than that of LLL imo Name an NNN.com sale that was 1/3 of vip.com or men.com.

•••
Hello All,

Good discussion! Based on sales data over the last couple of years, the answer is both yes and no regarding whether NNN domains are worth more than LLL. Let me explain:

The worst NNN combo is certainly worth more than the worst LLL combo, and that's true in all the major extensions. This said, though, the better (premium) LLL domains are almost always worth more than the better (premium) NNN domains. There are possible rare exceptions, but more or less the data provides this to be true.

Thus, on the wholesale level, I'd rather have a lower quality NNN than a lower quality LLL. On the other hand, with premium combos, it would amost always be better to have a premium LLL than a premium NNN.

I hope this is a helpful addition.
Thanks,
:) zesty

•••
TheLegendaryJP said:
What I always thought about when it comes to numbers is the easy ability to confuse them. Sure the same can happen with letters but not as much. For instance can you imagine 100 ad's on TV etc. 467 826 645 and s o on. There is no company name to assciate correctness. The obvious 180 or 360 etc terms but otherwise I can't see a day where all NNN domains in ext other than dot com are used to the fullest. JMO

That's exactly the reason for domain names I thought ! :)

•••
As of now NNN are worth more becuase there are far less than the LLL. But i would imagine Sky.com would be worth considerbly more than 111.com becuase of the meaning of the name involved, so i guess it depends how you look at it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back