Dynadot

3 Letter .com!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I would like to know how much is worth 3 letter .com or any combination of letters and digits .com? How do you value them? I am planning to invest in one of them, and I know that NNN and LLL are the most expensive.

NNN =
NNL =
NLN =
NLN =
LNL =
LNN =
LNL =
LNN =
?

Thanks,
Aboujouj83

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You can check this. These valuations can vary significantly depending on the quality of the letters/numbers and many other factors, but it will help you to have a point to start with.

•••
I don't see how that is right.
I am pretty sure that 3 letter .com's are worth a lot more than $1450.

•••
It is all right saying these are the minimum values but where do you buy them for these prices. I haven't seen any LLL.com's advertised for a long time at $1450. Everyone is asking $3000 plus. Or where would you buy any of the others at these minimum prices.

•••
You have to play the dropcatch game... but even those are going pretty high:
xgx.com is at $700 and the auction has not even started yet.
ruj.com is at $500

•••
Hello All,

Great thread...

It's a tough find to get a 3 letter .com for $1450, but I will mention that yesterday QHJ.com sold on DNF for ~ $1500 (there may have been some PM negotiations that we're not privey to, so it may have sold for even a tad less, but was advertised at $1500).

Bargains can be found for those who are quick and lucky. This said, 3 letter domains, particularly in .com, .net, .org and .info, .biz and .us are rising in value on the wholesale market at a strong and consistant rate. Further, quite a few of the 3 letter domains are already in end-users hands, leaving a smaller supply (as more and more continue to fall in end-users hands) of available names on the open market.

The trends are certainly pointing towards continued growth in valuation in the near future. Again, great thread and I hope this is helpful.

Thanks,
:) zesty

Last edited:
•••
When 3 letters are caught by snapnames they always seem to go for at least $2000 not $1450. A name like osq.com (a usless Q on the end) went for $3201 -- more than twice the minimum value. If the buyer knew where to get three .coms for $1450 he or she could have bought two for the price of one.

•••
At snapnames and pool the prices have gone out of control and I'm noticing enom getting more and more good names.

•••
I've a three month old baby. I'm seriously considering putting one of my three-letter .coms into his name. In 18 years time I wonder how much that three-letter .com would be worth? Maybe he could sell it in 2023 to pay for his entire university education.

•••
Hi,
I'm gonna say LNN.com's are better, only because i have R26.com :red: , I know for a fact that list is wrong and i would never sell R26.com for what the "price guide" says. There worth what YOUR willing to pay for them and btw NNN.com's are better in my view.

Thank you

Sin

•••
From Best to Worst

NNN -> LLL -> L-L -> N-N -> L-N & N-L -> LLN -> NLL -> LNN -> NNL -> LNL & NLN

•••
Can we deduce from this trend that inevitably the price and demand for LLLL.com's and NNNN.com's to also rise??

I've already seen the NNNN's going up.. 4412.com is at $200 at enom.

If so, there's plenty of LLLL.com's "available" to register.
So, is it time to start dropping a whole 8 bucks on domains like cwwd.com or cuuq.com???

I remember the same thing happened 3 years ago, people were debating on whether to spend the 10 bucks on 3 char .com's for investment purposes. If history tells us anything...

•••
Thanks guys! So where is the best place to get a good 3 L or 3 # or a combination for them? I am planning to spend hundreds not thousands...

Aboujouj83

•••
aboujouj83 said:
I am planning to spend hundreds not thousands...

Aboujouj83

a three letter ( .Org ) is possible....maybe, maybe a (.net ) if you're lucky! But not a .Com

Last edited:
•••
How accurate is 3character.com really?

•••
St.Easy said:
When 3 letters are caught by snapnames they always seem to go for at least $2000 not $1450. A name like osq.com (a usless Q on the end) went for $3201 -- more than twice the minimum value. If the buyer knew where to get three .coms for $1450 he or she could have bought two for the price of one.

OSQ is not a useless Q at the end online stock quotes online service queries etc etc

•••
I have a 3 number domain: www.303.com, I get offers now and then for it, the offers seem to be getting bigger, and more frequent... Anyway, I bought the domain for a project I am developing, and I would only seriously consider selling it if somebody offerred me something in the xx,xxx range or greater....

•••
And Zesty is THE man on 3 letter, 3 char names. He knows and is not afraid to share as is evidenced by a thread I started when just a n00b.Value differences

zestydomains*com said:
Hello All,

Great thread...

It's a tough find to get a 3 letter .com for $1450, but I will mention that yesterday QHJ.com sold on DNF for ~ $1500 (there may have been some PM negotiations that we're not privey to, so it may have sold for even a tad less, but was advertised at $1500).

Bargains can be found for those who are quick and lucky. This said, 3 letter domains, particularly in .com, .net, .org and .info, .biz and .us are rising in value on the wholesale market at a strong and consistant rate. Further, quite a few of the 3 letter domains are already in end-users hands, leaving a smaller supply (as more and more continue to fall in end-users hands) of available names on the open market.

The trends are certainly pointing towards continued growth in valuation in the near future. Again, great thread and I hope this is helpful.

Thanks,
:) zesty

No Zesty, Thank you.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back