NameSilo

.mobi LLL.mobi's just tanked

Spaceship
Watch
http://3character.com/priceguide.html

They just dropped at that price guide to $95 from $150. Percentage wise I think that's the biggest drop I have ever seen at the site.

Does that officially ring the alarm bell for some mobi enthusiasts? $95 ain't so great if you have LLL's from sunrise. Heck...I am kind of sad since I own a DXD.mobi but what can you? And yes...many will say that the price guide is just a guide but it's one used by a LOT of domainers as an indicator of value.

http://3character.com/2007-october.html

That was it's high of $200 I believe. Also the $95 price represents the same price as of Jan 2007 which is just 2 months after launch. Sad news indeed but please...go ahead and find the silver lining as I am sure many mobi fans will.

Good night mobi. Sleep well.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
you just proved your ignorance. none of that had anything to do with .mobi. only talked about mobile internet and you consider it irrelevant. this is exactly why you are not credible on this subject because you don't even know what you are talking about when comes to mobile internet.

labrocca said:
mediaadvantages you can copy and paste as much irrelevant information as you want

Welcome to my ignore list.

Last edited:
•••
•••
labrocca said:
mediaadvantages you can copy and paste as much irrelevant information as you want

Come on dude,

read the post above...Lets keep the peace. You are not inocent Labroc ,neither am I.. This kind of crap is gona keep on happening, its not media's fault nor yours either....

Like I said its 2 dogs going together...fighting for ground.

Read my above post everyone!

"egging on ='s Self defense" Lets get some kind of sticky thread then where we can debate! or something similar....Remember to be proffesionals!!!!!!!!

Peace

Idees said:
:lol: Greetings!

Is this egging on? (the quote does not show that he was laughing? :tri:

:(

come on people your better then that!!!

Last edited:
•••
thebiffenator said:
Come on buddy,

How many threads have turned out like this? My guess is over 65% I am not saying its right, but when you put two dogs head to head, this kind of stuff happens.

I don't support it from both sides. But we are all included for the fault of letting the OP's subject get away from the orignial topic.

So what shall we do together belonging to the NP comunity?

I think some action must take place besides banning and warnings!

Maybe create a seperate or sticky thread for both sides? I really don't know.

To me I love debates....and this one was one of the cleanest I have seen in awhile. We should maybe instate rules, example.....when you ask a question...back it up with facts or something like that. The whole problem is "naysayers" come in bashing the .mobi investors....and a .mobi investor has the right to protect "self defense". Emotions come out when "egged on"

The best action I think would be is to have a professional debate thread on here! Belive me politics is 10x worse

Biff
Nice post Biff. It would be nice if both sides talked rationally on this for a change. The childish 'nayh nayh youuouu lost', and 'chip on the shoulder' attitudes that some need to constantly project is really unprofessional and uncalled for. If one wants to say why they feel .mobi's future is or isn't, with valid points, then do so. But the 'I have nothing to contribute but being a follower with my repetive condensending and berating posts', shows the true level of objective knowledge those truely have. Along with their lack of character. Criticism of those who invested or follow .mobi is not a professional 'con argument' on it's viability. (Perhaps when they reach maturity, they'll grasp that.) And as convienent as it is for those to try to pin the 'defensive mobier' crap out there, if there were no 'stupid *ss insults made', there be no reason for retorts. Takes two to tango 'children'!

labrocca said:
....awwwwhhh, I was once there too. I think it's an honor. At least I felt so, he PM'd me to tell me!!

Last edited:
•••
Come on dude,

read the post above...Lets keep the peace.

I am...I will no longer read posts by people that I feel can't have an open honest discussion without personal attacks. btw...hawkeye is on my ignore too...for some reason a lot of mobi supporters are...hmm...

•••
labrocca said:
btw...hawkeye is on my ignore too...for some reason .....
awwhh, Golllly! :red: It means soooo much! Thank you! :hearts:

•••
hawkeye said:
awwhh, Golllly! :red: It means soooo much! Thank you! :hearts:

HAHAHAH

•••
Okay guys, let's not stray further from the topic than we already have :]

•••
labrocca said:
I am...I will no longer read posts by people that I feel can't have an open honest discussion without personal attacks. btw...hawkeye is on my ignore too...for some reason a lot of mobi supporters are...hmm...
inst

I hear ya buddy

Im not gona ask why, but what if we all take these people off the list and reenstate Jeff and the rest on on a professional level "just to one specific thread" Can any mod do and handdle this?

we can all speak our own peace. At the same time it will be proffesional

but somone will need to moderate this! I think it will stop the bitterness on both sides!

I miss the old days of NP

•••
As do I Brian :)

We could technically do this in the Domain Discussion forum -- this thread does a pretty good job for this purpose :]

thebiffenator said:
inst

I hear ya buddy

Im not gona ask why, but what if we all take these people off the list and reenstate Jeff and the rest on on a professional level "just to one specific thread" Can any mod do and handdle this?

we can all speak our own peace. At the same time it will be proffesional

but somone will need to moderate this! I think it will stop the bitterness on both sides!

I miss the old days of NP

•••
i think that is all good...but the problem has not been having discussions....its been BASHING and then RETALIATING

•••
Reece said:

We could technically do this in the Domain Discussion forum -- this thread does a pretty good job for this purpose :]

Lets do it Reece :)

•••
thebiffenator said:

Ugh...why? Are you saying that my discussion on 3character.com dropping drastically the price of LLL.mobi's wasn't a good topic. It was for about 4-5 pages until the pro-mobi crowd decided to defend mobi's existence instead of discussing pricing relevent to domainers.

I don't know how people can consider me anti-mobi or a naysayer when I have mobi's including a LLL.mobi and just recently registered 2 mobis for development. I even have a development request in the mobi area to get some assistance and hire it out. Don't count me a staunch supporter either. I have my doubts to the growth potential of developed mobi's vs mobile ready dot coms. But we can save that for another uncivil discussion.

For the most part I can have a very civil discussion but when the topic is derailed such as this one it becomes hard to focus. People have an obvious agenda here. The very pro mobites with large stakes in mobi refuse to have honest open discussion about the extension. That's unprofessional.

I see no reason for me to participate in this thread any longer. Maybe staff can lock it too since well...it's reached it's conclusion and we have imho discussed all we can the drop at 3character.com.

Have a nice day.

•••
sorry Labr....

it's not about that, you did answer the questions...

but the 2 dogs started barking again at each other :(

>:(

i dont think it will be locked yet, but i don't know.....I am all up for a peacful debate! :)

- Biff

•••
labrocca said:
Ugh...why? Are you saying that my discussion on 3character.com dropping drastically the price of LLL.mobi's wasn't a good topic. It was for about 4-5 pages until the pro-mobi crowd decided to defend mobi's existence instead of discussing pricing relevent to domainers.

I don't know how people can consider me anti-mobi or a naysayer when I have mobi's including a LLL.mobi and just recently registered 2 mobis for development. I even have a development request in the mobi area to get some assistance and hire it out. Don't count me a staunch supporter either. I have my doubts to the growth potential of developed mobi's vs mobile ready dot coms. But we can save that for another uncivil discussion.

For the most part I can have a very civil discussion but when the topic is derailed such as this one it becomes hard to focus. People have an obvious agenda here. The very pro mobites with large stakes in mobi refuse to have honest open discussion about the extension. That's unprofessional.

I see no reason for me to participate in this thread any longer. Maybe staff can lock it too since well...it's reached it's conclusion and we have imho discussed all we can the drop at 3character.com.

Have a nice day.

its too bad you can't see this....going back through this thread it was #9 and #13 posts that got this off topic in the first place.

#9 - TheParamount
"Those aren't exactly premium .com's, but regardless the .mobi was just a hot domain for a little bit. I don't know a single well known .mobi domain and it makes sense that all of the .mobi lose there value if the name doesn't grow over time."

#13 - Labrocca (First part of your post)
"Mobi is going to start looking expensive after 4-5 years of renewals and no resales. Mobi portfolios will plummet.

While the positive news is that a lot of companies appear to be OK with using mobi that's really not a good thing for domainers. Any mobi that's a TM can be taken and I have yet to see substantial usage of mobi for startups. As a matter of fact I can't think of any even mid-grade. Stuff like dir.mobi is probably as good as it gets for startups.

Sorry mobi...as an investment you are looking rather shaky right now."

You are talking in general about .mobi and not about LLLs.

•••
Reece said:

really, you're linking to an official ... .mobi ... sucks thread ???

•••
I bought an nnn.mobi for around $600 around a year ago when it was the going rate for good combos. I decided to auction it at sedo recently as I saw one pretty crap one sell last month for $550 and seeing as I needed to raise some cash I thought I could take a $100-$150 loss to free some funds. It sold for $260 and is the second worst investment I ever made. (1st was a tdnam drop bought for the traffic, but their figures proved to be bullsh!t lies as usual).

Now is not the time to sell, .mobi was a long haul investment and everyone invested in that knew it was medium risk and longer term than other extentions.

•••
gingeman said:
I bought an nnn.mobi for around $600 around a year ago when it was the going rate for good combos. I decided to auction it at sedo recently as I saw one pretty crap one sell last month for $550 and seeing as I needed to raise some cash I thought I could take a $100-$150 loss to free some funds. It sold for $260 and is the second worst investment I ever made. (1st was a tdnam drop bought for the traffic, but their figures proved to be bullsh!t lies as usual).

Now is not the time to sell, .mobi was a long haul investment and everyone invested in that knew it was medium risk and longer term than other extentions.

Sorry to hear you had to take a loss. Can I ask what the LLL was you auctioned?

I currently have a couple that I picked up recently and am trying to decide between development or sell. (App.mobi and Tat.mobi)

Sorry...just waking up still and noticed you said NNN and not LLL

•••
•••
labrocca said:

Have a nice day.

Jesse if you are interested someone is having a firesale at DF dozens of

LLLL.mobis for $4 bucks a piece.

gingeman said:

It could be argued that NOW is the time to sell because over 100 new TLDs

may be coming online next year and thousands of mobeys are coming up

for renewal in the next few months and let us not forget Google Android.

Last edited:
•••
cosmicray said:
Jesse if you are interested someone is having a firesale at DF dozens of

LLLL.mobis for $4 bucks a piece.

It could be argued that NOW is the time to sell because over 100 new TLDs

may be coming online next year and thousands of mobeys are coming up

for renewal in the next few months and let us not forget Google Android.

You are guessing that Google Android will have a negative impact on .mobi. Might want to wait until its released and see public reaction before you just assume there will be a negative impact. Don't forget, even though you haven't seen any public marketing of .mobi by Google, they are still have a vested interest in .mobi.

As far as the new extentions. I'm not sure how that will be affected yet and will wait to see the stipulations and what extentions will be taken before making a decision on whether or not it will affect .mobi. As of this moment, if you say they are going to have an impact on .mobi....you could say the same about .com.

•••
cosmicray said:
..over 100 new TLDs may be coming online next year..
Please substantiate this claim.

•••
I think the price of mobi falling is the best thing ever. Everyone knew when it came out the price would initially rise and then has to fall at some point and then it will probably rise again. This is the best time ever to buy names for rock bottom prices. Do any of the people bashing mobi even own a single valuable .com name?

•••
gingeman said:

Another reason why mobi's will continue to drop. Many small timers invested into mobi. As the economy feels the crunch it's small time investors that panic and sell off. Which might be a smart move. Take your losses now and move on. Pray you grabbed some LLL.mobi's at reg fee and sell for whatever you can now. As the economy slides expect risky investments like mobi to be one of the first to sell off.

There is enough bad news floating around mobi that it's incredibly hard to see any upside.

•••
I'm not sure someone who registerd n00b.mobi should be giving financial advide telling other people to sell now and take a loss.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back