discuss LLL.MOBI - Countdown To Zero

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacks86

Top Member
Impact
763
Been having some issues with this search on Name.com. Usually it allows up to 5000 at a time, today it froze halfway. Then I tried 3000 LLL.MOBI, froze at around 2500. Now I will just do 1000 at a time and then add it all up. Might take a while, but I'll get a list going today.
 
1
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
These days, it's harder drop catching the so-called chip LLL.mobi. If you check the whois, you'll see familiar names again and again. On the contrary, you can still grab a nice, single word left+right combination from time to time. I know one big-time .mobi investor is still drop catching very nice combo. The meaning of mobi may be changing too -- from an extension for mobile websites only, to anything related to mobile devices. It's just my feeling with no evidence yet. In a way, it can be treated like the other hundreds of new extensions, the best ones being those where left+right combination makes sense.
 
2
•••
Today's drop just ended and the three familiar names turned up again -- two from China and one from the US. Anyone wants a single word .mobi? Sixth.mobi was dropped but not picked up today.
 
0
•••
The registration number is still going down and there was only one sale reported by Namebio in the last 2 weeks.

It's dropped to about half in just 2 years.

http://www.registrarstats.com/TLDHistoryChart.aspx?TLDName=MOBI

I'm still curious to know why there has been such a dislike towards .MOBI on this forum, especially since it's one of the more well known and established gTLD's.

So, you think dropping from about 1.2 million to about 700,000 in 2 years is a good look? Do you know what direction that is going? The dislike is because the extension sucks. I know you're saying you're just starting counting down threads but these actually encourage purchases into crappy extensions, more newbies fall for this type of stuff. So you're really not doing anybody any favors. But end of day, you're adults. Losing money best way to learn. Lots of learning will be happening from your threads.

You're giving domain advice, when you're selling 75% of your portfolio and moving onto other things in your life.
 
Last edited:
1
•••
It's dropped to about half in just 2 years.

http://www.registrarstats.com/TLDHistoryChart.aspx?TLDName=MOBI



So, you think dropping from about 1.2 million to about 700,000 in 2 years is a good look? Do you know what direction that is going? The dislike is because the extension sucks. I know you're saying you're just starting counting down threads but these actually encourage purchases into crappy extensions, more newbies fall for this type of stuff. So you're really not doing anybody any favors. But end of day, you're adults. Losing money best way to learn. Lots of learning will be happening from your threads.

You're giving domain advice, when you're selling 75% of your portfolio and moving onto other things in your life.

Im selling off 75% of my word domains. None of those are 3L, 3N, 4N, 4L, they are all words. I'm using part of the funds for other things and the rest to acquire more shorter domains. If I was getting out of the domain game completely, it would of been 100% of my portfolio.
 
0
•••
It's dropped to about half in just 2 years.

http://www.registrarstats.com/TLDHistoryChart.aspx?TLDName=MOBI



So, you think dropping from about 1.2 million to about 700,000 in 2 years is a good look? Do you know what direction that is going? The dislike is because the extension sucks. I know you're saying you're just starting counting down threads but these actually encourage purchases into crappy extensions, more newbies fall for this type of stuff. So you're really not doing anybody any favors. But end of day, you're adults. Losing money best way to learn. Lots of learning will be happening from your threads.

You're giving domain advice, when you're selling 75% of your portfolio and moving onto other things in your life.

As well, I don't force people to buy anything. If they want to buy a domain it's upto them. Do your own due diligence, I use that phrase a lot when it comes to stocks. Like you said, everyone is responsible for their own actions, but don't be blaming me for a list I posted. Never did I say any promo phrases like "buy it before it gone" or ".mobi is going to the moon". People buy speculation regardless and I'm sure individuals are buying crazy unknown gtld and cctld's that are far worse off than mobi in terms of where they could go. The domain market is just like any other market and hindsight is 20/20.
 
0
•••
Im selling off 75% of my word domains. None of those are 3L, 3N, 4N, 4L, they are all words. I'm using part of the funds for other things and the rest to acquire more shorter domains. If I was getting out of the domain game completely, it would of been 100% of my portfolio.

That's not true. This is a .mobi thread and you have 6 4L .mobis in the bunch.

"The domain market is just like any other market and hindsight is 20/20."

Do you see the .mobi numbers dropping? Do you think it's a good sign dropping from 1.2 million to about 700,000? You think that drop is just going to stop and turn around for some reason, in a world full of new gtlds? If so, why?
 
0
•••
That's not true. This is a .mobi thread and you have 6 4L .mobis in the bunch.

My mistake, 4N and 3L not 4L. 4L is a harder move so I added them there. But I recently bought more 3L because that is still available. I believe in 3L right now and until they are done, 4L is still not going to move. If I have to i'll rebuy some depending on how 3L goes.
 
0
•••
Do you men/women just want me to get the thread taken down? Will that make you happy. Should I contact Eric and NP staff and tell them that a few of you keep bullying me so I had to take it down? If that's the sentiment we want to have on this website, let me know. I can message him right now because I'm getting sick of this.
 
0
•••
Do you men/women just want me to get the thread taken down? Will that make you happy. Should I contact Eric and NP staff and tell them that a few of you keep bullying me so I had to take it down? If that's the sentiment we want to have on this website, let me know. I can message him right now because I'm getting sick of this.

You asked the question earlier - "I'm still curious to know why there has been such a dislike towards .MOBI on this forum, especially since it's one of the more well known and established gTLD's."

I was just answering the question you asked. You're skipping mine.

You also said - "When I last checked, this was a free speech forum that was based upon ALL DOMAINS, not just what you think is good."
 
0
•••
You asked the question earlier - "I'm still curious to know why there has been such a dislike towards .MOBI on this forum, especially since it's one of the more well known and established gTLD's."

I was just answering the question you asked. You're skipping mine.

Thanks for your input, as far as im concerned, accent answered it in a proper manner. But I appreciate the additional input.
 
0
•••
0
•••
This was a proper answer, not something like .mobi is dead or your giving newbies false hope. Those don't help or answer the question.

Mobi set out intending to create a separate internet for mobile. That is why so many people were so strongly against it. And why domainers bet and lost millions of dollars on it.

Flowers.mobi sold for $200,000, Music.mobi went for around $700,000. ANY LLL.mobi could be sold for $200, NNN.mobi were supposed to sell @ $700. Dozens and dozens of Fortune 500 corporations had active .Mobi websites. Search the early .Mobi threads here - .Mobi was three times as hotly debated as the new gTLDs. Mobility.mobi was created to be able to discuss the subject without overwhelming trolling.

Prices held quite a while, but the IPhone was the killer. The LLL.mobi buyout held for at least two years, might have been longer.

I had a nice pile of LLL.mobi, dropped all but 3. Many investors kept them and I expect the 21% available that the OP found is pretty close to what it has been for the last few years.
 
0
•••
Mine was a proper answer, you just don't want to touch the fact on how much it's dropped just in the last 2 years. It's why you keep skipping it. Only person giving newbies false hope is you. That we're actually talking about some sort of hope for .mobi in 2016 is ridiculous. Isn't .mobile coming.
 
0
•••
That we're actually talking about some sort of hope for .mobi in 2016 is ridiculous.
Is it possible your understanding of the Chinese market is not comprehensive? Trends change, as do investment opportunities and strategies.
 
0
•••
Is it possible your understanding of the Chinese market is not comprehensive? Trends change, as do investment opportunities and strategies.

Chinese are buying .mobi, can you list some sales.
 
0
•••
Chinese are buying .mobi, can you list some sales.
Sure.
Screen%20Shot%202016-01-11%20at%2010.46.44%20PM-1452574032-728.png


Screen%20Shot%202016-01-11%20at%2010.46.51%20PM-1452574027-238.png
 
1
•••
So you don't know the difference between numbers and letters?

LLL.MOBI - Countdown To Zero
 
0
•••
Chinese are buying .mobi, can you list some sales.
So you don't know the difference between numbers and letters?

Hypocritical much? You just got mad because someone didn't like your answer. I answered your exact question and now YOU have an issue with MY answer.
 
1
•••
Hypocritical much? You just got mad because someone didn't like your answer. I answered your exact question and now YOU have an issue with MY answer.

Look at the title of thread. Understand flow of conversation.
 
0
•••
Look at the title of thread. Understand flow of conversation.
Letters or numbers - doesn't matter. The thread is about LLL and then you basically said "blah blah blah - .MOBI is dead" (.MOBI as a whole- regardless of SLD). I asked if maybe you just do not understand the market. Then you asked me to provide proof that Chinese are buying .MOBI, which I did. You're just backtracking now.
 
0
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back