Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

discuss LLL.MOBI - Countdown To Zero

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacks86

Top Member
Impact
763
Been having some issues with this search on Name.com. Usually it allows up to 5000 at a time, today it froze halfway. Then I tried 3000 LLL.MOBI, froze at around 2500. Now I will just do 1000 at a time and then add it all up. Might take a while, but I'll get a list going today.
 
1
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Ok, so just on the first 1000 (keeping in mind that most start with A which is non-chip), there are only 74 left, less than 10%. If this trend continues all the way until the end, next year LLL.MOBI will sell fast.

I attached the first part of the list.
 

Attachments

  • LLL.MOBI Available Dec 28th 2015.txt
    3.3 KB · Views: 95
4
•••
hmmm
 
0
•••
Going to take a break here for lunch, but so far out of the first 3000, there are 365 available and I still don't see any chip left from AAA to ELJ
 

Attachments

  • LLL.MOBI Available Dec 28th 2015.txt
    16 KB · Views: 134
2
•••
Thanks for your diligence. I'm curious to see the results. How are you generating the LLL complete list? I'm curious to see if there's a fomula to exclude non chips.

Usually, I'm not fond of these type of posts that promote buyouts. But, I own a NNN.Mobi, so my interests are aligned.
 
0
•••
Thanks for your diligence. I'm curious to see the results. How are you generating the LLL complete list? I'm curious to see if there's a fomula to exclude non chips.

Usually, I'm not fond of these type of posts that promote buyouts. But, I own a NNN.Mobi, so my interests are aligned.

No problem, I find doing these stats interesting and if the odds look good I usually pickup a few domains. I only have yah.mobi and dub.mobi, but if there are less than 2000 after the whole list is done, I might grab a dozen for the price and see what happens in 2016.

Nice job on the NNN, numbers always beat letters even if it's non premium vs chip just because of the supply/demand factor in involved.

I'm still curious to know why there has been such a dislike towards .MOBI on this forum, especially since it's one of the more well known and established gTLD's.

PS: I am also doing a countdown of NNNN.MOBI and there are less than 3000 left, all 4's. So your NNN will for sure go up in price next year.
 
0
•••
I think that .mobi blew up and then imploded a few years ago, so everyone got a bad taste in their mouth from that.
 
1
•••
The search is still going on. After 7000 there are just over 1000 available which is around 15%. Again they all seem to be non chip. I also did a search on the 620 LLL.MOBI that are actually real words and those are all gone. Right now scanning 7000 to 9500. I think in a couple hours or less I'll have the full list.
 
1
•••
Alrighty, so it took forever but I finally got a list!

3722 out of 17576 or 21.2% remaining. That's pretty good because once you drop last the 25% threshold, last minute buyers tend to swoop in. I picked up 24 domains, but it's a good deal right now on GD. Get a dozen for less than $100.
 

Attachments

  • LLL.MOBI Available Dec 28th 2015.txt
    166.8 KB · Views: 102
2
•••
Picked up another 6 domains, couldn't' resist for the price.
 
1
•••
I used to own some of the best LLL mobi. IDN, MNM, MTM and hundreds more. It's a losing battle that even the Chinese investors can't save.

Good luck!
 
0
•••
I used to own some of the best LLL mobi. IDN, MNM, MTM and hundreds more. It's a losing battle that even the Chinese investors can't save.

Good luck!


Thanks, we'll see how it goes. I believe mobi will pick up in the new year just by how many NNN/NNNN and LLL/LLLL are already taken, but who knows. Gotta try right?
 
0
•••
Thanks, we'll see how it goes. I believe mobi will pick up in the new year just by how many NNN/NNNN and LLL/LLLL are already taken, but who knows. Gotta try right?
You have to realize that a registration frenzy doesn't equal value. Mobi is dead.

The Chinese buying craze has literally made domainers crazy. I see NNN and LLL buyout threads for all kinds of junk extensions. Trust me, 99.5% of those regs are losers.
 
3
•••
This has happened before in .mobi when they were first released in 2006. I had no faith in the extension almost 10 years ago and still have no faith in the extension. But I did get a lot of premium LLL in preorders and sold off ALL for a solid profit in a months time because I knew it would fail and it did. Even with backing by Google, Visa, Samsung and Microsoft et al. That said, listeners and readers beware, know your domain history before getting involved in all these buy outs. The Chinese does not a premium make.
 
2
•••
Like I said before, we'll see what happens in 2016. It's all pure speculation right now. If I told you in 2014 that LLLL.com's would be selling for 100 times+ the reg value, you would of called me rain man on acidO_o. But anything is possible right now. What happened 10 years ago is irrelevant to the buying frenzy that's occurring now. It's like the stock market, lots of estimates and guesses, but nobody knows until time has passed and we look at it in hindsight. I would rather hand reg a spec domain than pay a massive premium for an existing domain. Again, referring to domains like stocks(because they have a similar basis), as price goes up, selling pressure increases because thousands of individuals around the world want to lock in a profit. If there's a lack of buyers on LLLL.com because it's too expensive, you'll see everyone selling them like crazy and at discounts from the high prices. Buy low, sell high, always the safest bet. But nothing if guaranteed, remember that.
 
0
•••
Looks like the LLL.mobi chips have already been picked out of what's left.

Hard to say what China will do to domains, maybe they just got started in 2015... I'm sure there will be a lot more Chinese domain investors coming online all the time. And I don't expect them all to just go away and invest in something else in 2016, we all know once you start domaining it is hard to get completely out of, it's enjoyable and addictive in a hopefully good way. And there aren't enough short .com's, other extensions will get buying pressure for short and in demand numbers and letters.
 
1
•••
Does this mobi ever get goof traffics?
 
0
•••
Nice, a 3L.MOBI sold on Friday for $104. There was also a whack of 3N.mobi that sold in November in the low XXX range. I still believe the short .mobi's will grow, it's a more established extension compared to new gtld's and it's general. Mobi can be applied to anything, but extensions such as .work or .party doesn't work for everything.

http://namebio.com/?s=QNxQDMzEzM
 
0
•••
3620 out of 17576 left(20.6%). If we start seeing more 3L.MOBI sales in the XXX range, the list will disappear quickly. It helps that the domain is inexpensive compared to other extensions. $6 a pop X 3,620 = $21,720.
 

Attachments

  • LLL.MOBI Jan 10th 2016.txt
    159.1 KB · Views: 109
0
•••
If we start seeing more 3L.MOBI sales in the XXX range, the list will disappear quickly..
Not going to happen. Give up on the notion that mobi will have or gain value. Your energy is better burned elsewhere!
 
0
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
CatchedCatched

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back