Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

discuss LLL.MOBI - Countdown To Zero

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacks86

Top Member
Impact
763
Been having some issues with this search on Name.com. Usually it allows up to 5000 at a time, today it froze halfway. Then I tried 3000 LLL.MOBI, froze at around 2500. Now I will just do 1000 at a time and then add it all up. Might take a while, but I'll get a list going today.
 
1
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Not going to happen. Give up on the notion that mobi will have or gain value. Your energy is better burned elsewhere!

It's still going down, 102 from when I last posted. Plus I don't give up on domains despite what anyone says. There are lots of people that own .mobi and posting a list at least gives them some insight as to what's going on. Not much energy to do this. I got my list of LLL, copt 4500 at a time, paste it to Name.com and wait 15 minutes. Do that four times and compile the list, clean it, and bingo. Effortless to be honest.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
It's still going down, 102 from when I last posted. Plus I don't give up on domains despite what anyone says. There are lots of people that own .mobi and posting a list at least gives them some insight as to what's going on. Not much energy to do this. I got my list of LLL, copt 4500 at a time, paste it to Namebio and wait 15 minutes. Do that four times and compile the list, clean it, and bingo. Effortless to be honest.
You're scouring mobi while you could be scouring .com. Trust me, mobi is worthless. Countdowns and Chinese madness will not change the obvious.
 
0
•••
0
•••
You're scouring mobi while you could be scouring .com. Trust me, mobi is worthless. Countdowns and Chinese madness will not change the obvious.

If .mobi is worthless, then why are more individuals buying 3L, why are all numbers from 1 to 1000+gone? why does it .mobi even sell? worthless means nobody wants it and therefore it should have zero sales. Still has around 700,000 registered domains.

There are a handful of veteran domainers on here that seem to be really upset with someone even mentioning .mobi and I think that's ridiculous. I'm not forcing anyone to do anything, so not sure why I have to get attacked about it all the time. When I last checked, this was a free speech forum that was based upon ALL DOMAINS, not just what you think is good. I appreciate your concern about my time, but I'll be ok.

If you like .com, go to one of those threads and talk about it, this is the .mobi thread.
 
0
•••
1
•••
Looks like the chips have been picked out of the LLL. But still some western premium letter combinations.
 
0
•••
If .mobi is worthless, then why are more individuals buying 3L, why are all numbers from 1 to 1000+gone? why does it .mobi even sell? worthless means nobody wants it and therefore it should have zero sales. Still has around 700,000 registered domains.

There are a handful of veteran domainers on here that seem to be really upset with someone even mentioning .mobi and I think that's ridiculous. I'm not forcing anyone to do anything, so not sure why I have to get attacked about it all the time. When I last checked, this was a free speech forum that was based upon ALL DOMAINS, not just what you think is good. I appreciate your concern about my time, but I'll be ok.

If you like .com, go to one of those threads and talk about it, this is the .mobi thread.
You can ask questions or listen.

Do you even know what mobility.mobi is? You haven't been around long enough. It's cool, enjoy the mobi countdown but to the newbies, don't buy a bit of this thread, just move on!
 
0
•••
You can ask questions or listen.

Do you even know what mobility.mobi is? You haven't been around long enough. It's cool, enjoy the mobi countdown but to the newbies, don't buy a bit of this thread, just move on!

Really? you don't say...I thought it was Mobi(spelt moby) the music artist :laugh:

Thanks for you input on all my threads. Please stop posting all the negativity on the .mobi, .io, .etc. Opinions are important and everyone is entitled to one. But when your constantly posting bad stuff and keep referring to buying other tld's instead, that's not cool. I have many domainers on here that can back me up on that and if you continue to do this, I will let Eric and the NP staff know about this.
 
0
•••
Domainers have the ability to decide for themselves and don't need you telling them what to do. This is not a persuasive thread, just a count down. I'm not saying .mobi is going to the moon so buy it now, no hype words, none of that. Just a list I'm posting. If you think that's a crime, then that's too bad because I'm going to keep on posting lists. Have fun with your .com's that you keep pushing on me every single time you post.
 
0
•••
Really? you don't say...I thought it was Mobi(spelt moby) the music artist :laugh:

Thanks for you input on all my threads. Please stop posting all the negativity on the .mobi, .io, .etc. Opinions are important and everyone is entitled to one. But when your constantly posting bad stuff and keep referring to buying other tld's instead, that's not cool. I have many domainers on here that can back me up on that and if you continue to do this, I will let Eric and the NP staff know about this.
So let's get this straight. You counting down buyouts are positive how? And me saying mobi or whatever is a bad investment is negative how?

You haven't been around long enough to understand what's going on. Best...
 
0
•••
So let's get this straight. You counting down buyouts are positive how? And me saying mobi or whatever is a bad investment is negative how?

You haven't been around long enough to understand what's going on. Best...

It's neither a positive or a negative, it's just a list. For someone that maybe bought a .mobi recently or a while ago, I'm sure they appreciate that I'm taking the time out of my day to keep them in the loop as to what's going on.

It's not that you said it once, it's constant. Every single time you posted on my threads, it's always something negative. I could post a list of any tld and I'm sure you would come in and try and say its bad. Or you'll spin it like you did the with .IO's telling everyone that they should buy a NN.IO for $740 rather than hand reg a NNN.IO and then calling us small players and this and that, it's not respectful.

I just looked at your history and you only have commented on my stuff recently: https://www.namepros.com/search/1868206/

What about other individuals posting lists and countdowns like .cc, .co and so forth? You should be telling them the same thing as you tell me, at least be level and let other domainers know how you feel, don't just pick on me.

No I haven't been around that long, but it doesn't matter these days. How many pro domainers missed the China explosion just now and I'm sure most did. Same thing with the stock market, some pro's think they know it all and then the environment changes. You can never anticipate what will happen when your investing, things change all the time. I just looked at L.COM's and a few years ago people were selling them for less than $1,000. Now their worth 7+ figures, nobody saw that coming that fast.
 
0
•••
At this moment, it's hard to tell if .mobi has turned around. The registration number is still going down and there was only one sale reported by Namebio in the last 2 weeks. But, since maybe November last year, something has changed. First, no more daily drops of NNN for catching (or, if available, immediately picked up by few professional catchers). Then interest turned to LLL and some NNNN. Most registrants of recent .mobi acquisitions are from China. If Namebio starts reporting .mobi sales daily, then we'll have a clearer picture. BTW, there is almost no .mobi news coming out of China currently. However, these days almost anything can happen in China so I'm watching the Chinese news media.
 
1
•••
Nice insight. So it is getting on the radar at least. Also a good sign when they get taken quickly in drops.
 
0
•••
Ok everyone. First, I do thankful to @Jacks86 spending his time to post some useful information about .mobi . If without a kind of person such as @Jack86, we will never know what is going on out there.

So let get back about .mobi. I agree with @Keith that .mobi is dead back few years ago. However, it does not mean it will continue to be out of the game forever. Because if we all think carefully, no one will think NNN.mobi will have a sign of survive back till 2015 and I believe this is still continue raising up daily. And, it does seem like most or ALL of LLL (CHINESE - CHIPS) are completely registered. So there is something going on between .mobi & other oversea investors.

Anyway, we will see things happen soon with .mobi as well as other extensions.

By the way, .INFO / .MOBI were dead in same time but .INFO is getting back on track now today too :)
 
0
•••
I'm a veteran of .mobi and was there from the start and was an active member of mobility.mobi
I'm still holding some decent .mobi just in case things change in the future. Yes I did get burnt but that was my gamble but i had some success. I did win an international competition for my website snowboards.mobi ( site is now an online shop at the moment which gets a few sales each year) The prize was $6,000 and a ipad !
 
3
•••
If .mobi is worthless, then why are more individuals buying 3L, why are all numbers from 1 to 1000+gone? why does it .mobi even sell? worthless means nobody wants it and therefore it should have zero sales. Still has around 700,000 registered domains.
.mobi seldom sells nowadays.
Plenty of people are buying junk right now, but don't really know what they are doing.
Just because speculators are buying up regfee domains, does not mean they will buy from domainers. You can still try your luck and hope somebody else will bail you out, but it's more likely that it's just history repeating itself, and you will be left holding the bag.

Chinese have bought .cm in bulk by the thousands. They have bought other bad TLDs too.
Good luck selling those .cm or .mobi or .pw or whatever.

It still doesn't change a thing, .mobi is dead. It was based on a flawed model that was already obsolete upon launch and is now definitely irrelevant. There will be no coming back.
 
0
•••
If the NNN and most of the LLL are sold out I'd say .mobi is far from dead. It easily has enough registrations to survive. If .biz and .top can have interest in the Chinese aftermarket, I don't see why not .mobi too. At least for short 3N and 3L.

Chinese Domain invasion has breathed life into short domains of open extensions.
 
0
•••
ICL.mobi is my only lll

Last year I let 858.mobi drop but that's how it goes, I can't cover all bases.
I did pay over $8k for pussies.mobi what a waste of cash that was! I should have bought 3 or 4 lll.com for that money, could have got 5 or 6 chips for that money then.
I was a bit wet behind the ears then but I've learnt my lesson now.
 
1
•••
I only own one LLL .mobi

aio .mobi (All In One)
 
0
•••
Mobi set out intending to create a separate internet for mobile. That is why so many people were so strongly against it. And why domainers bet and lost millions of dollars on it.

Flowers.mobi sold for $200,000, Music.mobi went for around $700,000. ANY LLL.mobi could be sold for $200, NNN.mobi were supposed to sell @ $700. Dozens and dozens of Fortune 500 corporations had active .Mobi websites. Search the early .Mobi threads here - .Mobi was three times as hotly debated as the new gTLDs. Mobility.mobi was created to be able to discuss the subject without overwhelming trolling.

Prices held quite a while, but the IPhone was the killer. The LLL.mobi buyout held for at least two years, might have been longer.

I had a nice pile of LLL.mobi, dropped all but 3. Many investors kept them and I expect the 21% available that the OP found is pretty close to what it has been for the last few years.


;
 
2
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back