IT.COM

information .LIVE registrations growing exponentially

NameSilo
Watch
.LIVE which launched in late 2015 has seen rapid growth in registration volumes - now over 400k. While many new extensions seem to be fizzling out, one could argue .LIVE is an alternative to .TV. Of course the .TV aftermarket has always seemed very random - occasional reported sales of mediocre keywords that often are not develiped while solid keywords do not sell at all. But for developers with $xx budgets and the .TV is priced at $5k or more, perhaps .LIVE is a reasonable alternative.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
hmm i see on ntld .live regs increasing but on namebio only 1 sale reported in 2019 for $196. biggest sale to date is sex dot live for $160k in 2016

it will take alot of time for this gtld to catch on imo i like it but its a very long term hold if at all.

•••
•••
•••
ok so they own them or reserved them did they SELL any? not too profitable

You are correct. They don't have sales and also many good ones are still with the registry they have not released to the market or they owned it and kept it for aftermarket sales. They need to release the good ones to the market so that hands will be changed at decent prices.

I believe.LIVE is a good extension if used properly.

•••
@garptrader one could argue viable alternatives to just about anything, should it justify their cause.

Usually, we'll see exponential increase in new G registrations directly proportional to an exponential decrease in the registration price. Which is the case in this case.

I believe.LIVE is a good extension if used properly.
Yep agreed, always a good standard to go by. Make a match make sense, or at the very least make it intriguing.

•••
It is important to remember that Donuts do not report their premium domain sales to NameBio in general. Lack of sales on NB do not mean lack of registry sales. However, the lack of significant recent NB sales does mean that there are not aftermarket sales in the venues that report to NB.
Bob

•••
.live premiums are for ~$240 or higher yearly...

•••
Live: be alive, or where one resides
Live: happening in real-time

As a TLD, the latter pops out more to me. In everyday life, the former wins in terms of usage. Hindrance or advantage with multiple meanings? If we pair it incorrectly, can create confusion.

We already have .Life, so this one I like more in reference to live-streaming over the net.

•••
Theres a showcase here.

Last edited:
•••
I think a lot of the hype is BS with .live. Sorry to be a downer, but it just really isn't that good of an extension unless you can get the few keywords that make a lot of sense. With this particular extension those words are almost all protected with premium rates or just reserved.

I go through a lot of drop lists and expired auction lists and I have to say that I've never seen such an over-whelming mess of utter garbage in a single extension. There is something going on, but I don't know what.

Like, what is going on with this? liveregs.jpg

•••
Back