Dynadot

question Listing verification issues

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

iecomguy

Established Member
Impact
Hi, I listed some domains on Afternic and Sedo. I am using Afternic's lander but upon adding Sedo's TXT record its unable to verify. Sedo wants me to use their lander or send screenshot. I already sent screenshot.

But asking is it possible to verify multiple host using TXTs and CNAMEs? I tried to use an email host by adding their txt and CNAME but their support agent said I cannot unless I remove afternic's name servers.

Can anyone please clarify and help understand this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Point your nameservers to sedo first (ns1.sedoparking.com & ns. 2) then list the domains afterwards ....It is much quicker.....

so remove your names from Sedo and do the above

Once they show as listed on Sedo point them to Afternic

Last edited:
•••
Point your nameservers to sedo first (ns1.sedoparking.com & ns. 2) then list the domains afterwards ....It is much quicker.....

Ah I see.

So after they get listed in Sedo and I remove the nameservers and point to afternic again, would not the domain get de-listed from Sedo and what if the sale actually takes place on Sedo and sedo agent finds the domain is now pointing to Afternic?

•••
Ah I see.

So after they get listed in Sedo and I remove the nameservers and point to afternic again, would not the domain get de-listed from Sedo and what if the sale actually takes place on Sedo and sedo agent finds the domain is now pointing to Afternic?
No you won't be de listed from Sedo...

Your just verifying with Sedo that you own the domain, as it is a marketplace you can point your domains to Afternic and use their landers as well

I use Efty landers, some use Dan or other alternatives and list on Sedo and Afternic and have no problems.....make sure only one marketplace has BIN pricingand keep the other listings at make offer

Last edited:
•••
No you won't be de listed from Sedo...

Your just verifying with Sedo that you own the domain, as it is a marketplace you can point your domains to Afternic and use their landers as well

I use Efty landers, some use Dan or other alternatives and list on Sedo and Afternic and have no problems.....make sure only one marketplace has BIN pricingand keep the other listings at make offer
Thank you. Another thing, I wanted to use an email hosting so when I put their respective TXT record, it didnt verify my domain. So at one given time, I cannot use two separate hosts to verify right?

•••
Thank you. Another thing, I wanted to use an email hosting so when I put their respective TXT record, it didnt verify my domain. So at one given time, I cannot use two separate hosts to verify right?

There is one thing you need to understand about the nameservers. Nameservers give control.

Your DNS records for the domain will work ONLY with the Provider who controls the domain at any given time.

•••
There is one thing you need to understand about the nameservers. Nameservers give control.

Your DNS records for the domain will work ONLY with the Provider who controls the domain at any given time.
Thanks. That cleared the confusion. So what are my options if I were to get a business email of that same domain that I am trying to sell? I do not want to use my own landing page tho.

•••
Thanks. That cleared the confusion. So what are my options if I were to get a business email of that same domain that I am trying to sell? I do not want to use my own landing page tho.
In that case you won’t be able to use any of the marketplaces’ nameservers for a domain in question.

If that’s a must, you can setup the MX records at your Registrar (or hosting provider, etc) and redirect the domain to a relevant landing page of specific marketplace.

•••
In that case you won’t be able to use any of the marketplaces’ nameservers for a domain in question.

If that’s a must, you can setup the MX records at your Registrar (or hosting provider, etc) and redirect the domain to a relevant landing page of specific marketplace.
So lets say all records are now default at my domain registrar. I just put the MX records from my email host.

Now you said to redirect to a relevant landing page of marketplace. How to do this redirect to the marketplace page? I am overloaded with infos from youtube and confused so asking.

•••
Now you said to redirect to a relevant landing page of marketplace. How to do this redirect to the marketplace page?

Hi

just want to interject this:

many of the ppc companies changed redirect rules
as they now require you to set ns to their platform.... in effort to reduce click fraud.

check first.

imo...

•••
Hi

just want to interject this:

many of the ppc companies changed redirect rules
as they now require you to set ns to their platform.... in effort to reduce click fraud.

check first.

imo...

So as I put the MX records of my email host in my registrar, I won't be able to use the afternic/sedo lander?

•••
Now you said to redirect to a relevant landing page of marketplace. How to do this redirect to the marketplace page? I am overloaded with infos from youtube and confused so asking.

You can setup a Web Redirect for a domain at your Registrar (or wherever you point the nameservers).

I will give you just one example with DAN.com, the url of the landing page is https://dan.com/buy-domain/yourdomain.com

Last edited:
•••
First step: Don't forget to turn off your privacy (if it is enabled).

•••
First step: Don't forget to turn off your privacy (if it is enabled).
Why is that? I do exactly opposite.

Free whois privacy is the main reason I started using Dynadot.

Last edited:
•••
Why is that? I do exactly opposite.

Free whois privacy is the main reason I started using Dynadot.
Simply because if you have privacy on, Sedo and others will not be able to read your whois and you will not be verified. So, turn it off until you get verified, and then you can turn it on.

•••
Simply because if you have privacy on, Sedo and others will not be able to read your whois and you will not be verified. So, turn it off until you get verified, and then you can turn it on.
Well, both Sedo and DAN verify via either nameservers or TXT records, Whois Privacy can be enabled.

There are some cases when manual verification may be needed, but I usually provide a screenshot from a Registrar, and it works for me. I never bother to remove Whois privacy. :xf.wink:

•••
Well, both Sedo and DAN verify via either nameservers or TXT records, Whois Privacy can be enabled.

There are some cases when manual verification may be needed, but I usually provide a screenshot from a Registrar, and it works for me. I never bother to remove Whois privacy. :xf.wink:
I always turn it off, because as domainer i want people be able to find me. It's personal choice though.

•••
I always turn it off, because as domainer i want people be able to find me. It's personal choice though.
They can find me via my own lander and it’s the preferred contact point for me. I get some intel in the buyers when they submit a form. Fully agree on your last sentence

Last edited:
•••
You have to keep trying, their outdated verifications are so buggy.

•••
Sedo need a better domain ownership verification software !!!

•••
Note that Sedo verification works best if you enter the TXT verification code BEFORE you list the domain name on Sedo. Also, as noted, keep default registrar DNS settings and keep that until it shows up verified on Sedo. Same true if using DAN verification TXT. Then once verified, set DNS to what you want for eventual lander.
Bob

Last edited:
•••
Note that Sedo verification works best if you enter the TXT verification code BEFORE you list the domain name on Sedo. Also, as noted, keep default registrar DNS settings and keep that until it shows up verified on Sedo. Same true if using DAN verification TXT. Then once verified, set DNS to what you want for eventual lander.
Bob

Adding TXT record for each domain is horrible if portfolio size is not small.. any registrar provide bulk action like nameserver change?

•••

Hi, I have a little doubt
If using sedo's DNS
Afternic does not seem to have a txt verification option, they only have DNS as verification

How can you verify these two
Using Afternic DNS, can you set txt resolution?

•••
Using DNS to verify normally will be faster

•••
Adding TXT record for each domain is horrible if portfolio size is not small.. any registrar provide bulk action like nameserver change?
Yes many do have a way to do it in bulk. For example with Dynadot instructions at this link simply have multiple domain names selected.
https://www.dynadot.com/community/help/question/create-TXT-record

The bulk tools at Name.com are easy to set same txt for many domains.

At Epik a couple of options but one to simply have multiple domain names ticked in early step when you follow these instructions.
https://www.epik.com/support/knowledgebase/nameservers-dns-records/

I am pretty sure bulk txt records possible at NameSilo.

Does anyone know of article or post covering which registrars have them?

Bob

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back