IT.COM

question DNS nameservers issue

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

iecomguy

Established Member
Impact
Hope this is correct sub forum.

My domain is using Afternic's name servers but I wanted to use an email hosting so I updated that email hoster's TXT, CNAME and MX at my domain registrar but still it would not work.

Their chat agent support says I cannot use afternic name servers if I were to use a separate hosting's TXT and CNAME record. I need to update the email hoster's txt and cname records at Afternic but afternic is a marketplace so there is no option to do that.

How to fix now? Just wanted to get a business email of that domain.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Need A record by sounds of it i never thought possible to use another mail server on another dns. I would do it with domain forwarding using own dns so could have email and still have them land where want to.

•••
Hope this is correct sub forum.

My domain is using Afternic's name servers but I wanted to use an email hosting so I updated that email hoster's TXT, CNAME and MX at my domain registrar but still it would not work.

Their chat agent support says I cannot use afternic name servers if I were to use a separate hosting's TXT and CNAME record. I need to update the email hoster's txt and cname records at Afternic but afternic is a marketplace so there is no option to do that.

How to fix now? Just wanted to get a business email of that domain.

If afternic doesn't have a way to add other DNS entry, you won't be able to achieve what you are looking for.
As far as I know, sedo also doesn't give an option to add DNS if you park your domain there.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back