NameSilo

question Listing on Sedo and DAN at the same time?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Peak.Domains

Top Member
Impact
I recently noticed that many of my newer names were absent from Sedo, so I added them, and got emails from Sedo about needing to verify ownership.

I use Dan's landing pages for the majority of my names.

In order to verify, I need to edit the DNS in one way or another, but I'm using DAN's nameservers which don't give me the ability to make any changes like adding a txt record.

I need to switch to other nameservers in order to do that (It appears that Epik, for example, does give us control over our dns entries while using their landing pages.. so if I was using Epik's nameservers, I could just add the txt record for sedo and be on my merry way, I think? Can anyone confirm?)

I want to have my names listed on both Dan and Sedo, and Sedo requires ownership verification and dan doesn't, so I could use sedo's landing pages and still be listed in dan, but in order to use dan's landing pages and still be listed in sedo, I need to verify, but I can't verify becasue dan's nameservers don't offer that feature.

Soooooo, if I switch my nameservers to sedo's, verify ownership with Sedo by adding the txt record, can I then switch BACK to Dan's nameservers and still be verified with sedo? Does anyone know if the sedo verification just needs to be done once then it's all good, or if it needs to "stay" verified by keeping the txt record accessible?

While I have you here, are there other marketplaces I should be aiming for besides DAN, Sedo, Afternic? It's my understanding that listing with afternic gets me into godaddy search results, but is it the same as if I manually add them to godaddy's marketplace myself? I host most of my names at namesilo, dyna, or namecheap and actively avoid godaddy due to their extortion-tier fees on renewals and privacy, but would still like to list names for sale there that aren't registered there.

Thanks everyone, appreciate ya!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back