IT.COM

Listing on Afternic before 60 days

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Justin W

Established Member
Impact
I have a couple questions about listing newly aquired names on afternic. I understand with godaddy you cannot transfer out within the first 60 days of registering the domain. What happens if you list on afternic and sells within the first 60 days? Does afternic let the buyer know they have to A.) Allow the name to be pushed to their go daddy account or B.) Wait 60 days to obtain the domain. Does anyone know how that works? Also Do you prefer to wait 60 days to post on afternic to be on their premium network or would you just list the domain immediately on their standard network? Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you list a name and it sells before 60 days it depends on the buyer. I had a buyer who wanted the name transferred out but it was not eligible. Almost lost the sale from that. Afternic didn't have an account to hold the name in and I ended up having to convince the buyer to make a new account at the registrar to gain the name faster.

•••
If you list a name and it sells before 60 days it depends on the buyer. I had a buyer who wanted the name transferred out but it was not eligible. Almost lost the sale from that. Afternic didn't have an account to hold the name in and I ended up having to convince the buyer to make a new account at the registrar to gain the name faster.

I haven't sold a name on Afternic before and trying to get an idea on how it works. If someone purchases a domain through Afternic do you have direct contact with the buyer after or does Afternic take charge of the communication? If it's before the 60 day period does Afternic help transfer the domain to the buyer to the same registrar as the seller or do you communicate with the buyer yourself and manually transfer it? Thanks!

•••
I haven't sold a name on Afternic before and trying to get an idea on how it works. If someone purchases a domain through Afternic do you have direct contact with the buyer after or does Afternic take charge of the communication? If it's before the 60 day period does Afternic help transfer the domain to the buyer to the same registrar as the seller or do you communicate with the buyer yourself and manually transfer it? Thanks!

Buyer ended up contacting me by email from Whois because Afternic wasn't answering their questions about the transfer delay I believe.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back