Dynadot

Someone keeps listing my domains on Afternic

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

KTC

Established Member
Impact
Not sure if anyone else is having this problem, but it's been happening quite a bit over the past 2 months.

For some of the domains I have, I transfer them over to another registrar when it's time to renew so I can keep a better eye on them. They have already been listed on Afternic, so I have to delete them since I don't want to deal with potential consequences of not being able to transfer if a sale did randomly come through during that period. I wait the 60-days after the transfer happens and get ready to upload them to Afternic and Sedo once again.

To my surprise, someone has already listed them with supremely high $10k min offers. I don't know who is doing it, but what I do know is that I'm getting tired of emailing Afternic every week to remove those domains when a TXT verification system can be implemented or something along those lines.

Is this happening to anyone else?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If the domain number is low send the screen shots of control panel of the domains to Afternic they will accept it that's my experience..

•••
If the domain number is low send the screen shots of control panel of the domains to Afternic they will accept it that's my experience..

I do that already. The problem is that I have to do this on a weekly basis as when I need to delete them after transferring to a new registrar to prevent a sale when I can't transfer and someone else puts it up afterwards.

•••
Does the registrar you work with list the domains on different platforms? If so, then what you may be seeing is cross-platform exposure. Of course, if prices vary widely, then there's a problem GLWT, let us know how it goes.

Last edited:
•••
Does the registrar you work with list the domains on different platforms? If so, then what you may be seeing is cross-platform exposure. Of course, if prices vary widely, then there's a problem GLWT, let us know how it goes.

I transfer them to EPIK. It's concerning cause most, if not all, the domains I am transferring them are not even worth the min $10k offer.

•••
Wow, that's a big difference. Something is wrong, possibly a digit error, or they are inflating prices in order to catch a Big fish upon your departure.

•••
Wow, that's a big difference. Something is wrong, possibly a digit error, or they are inflating prices in order to catch a Big fish upon your departure.

Big problem indeed because if someone stumbled upon that kind or price range for most of them, they'll just go to the next one and potentially cost me a sale.

•••
Same here, many of my domains are listed for sale with a low BIN by a member named frankbdschilling recently, and this makes me so tired asking Afternic to remove them...
How could a member add my domains into his Afternic account successfully without my permission? And he keeps adding them again and again.

Last edited:
•••
Same here, many of my domains are listed for sale with a low BIN by a member named frankbdschilling recently, and this makes me so tired asking Afternic to remove them...
How could a member add my domains into his Afternic account successfully without my permission? And he keeps adding them again and again.

I wonder what they aim to accomplish by adding domains that aren't theirs. Just sounds like a lazy attempt at front-running to me.

•••

Seriously??
Ever heard of this guy?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Schilling

Edit:
I'm not suggesting it is Frank, but something is fishy about the account name.
Suggest you contact @Joe Styler immediately

Last edited:
•••
•••
Seriously you think it's him??

I, seriously, doubt Frank would use his own name on Afternic. He never did before anywhere, and would have no reason to now. Just some clown using his name with BD in the middle.

Not at all...

Edit:

Suggest @fleaking contacts @Joe Styler immediately

Last edited:
•••
Afternic must implement 2FA as soon as possible and also improve their verification process. How can someone can add the domains in their portfolio which they don't own and that too repeatedly!

The suspicious account of "frankbdschilling" should be reviewed immediately.

•••
I know of Frank Schilling definitely, I posted this just because I want to know if anyone experiencing the same issue like me.

I also found some "too good to be true" deals that are for sale by the user "frankbdschilling" with very low BIN like beyours.com at $1k and holbox.com at $2k, they are both listed for sale by member frankbdschilling recently...
however when I was about to purchase these two domains at the BIN,
Afternic sent me emails telling me that these domains are not available and then holbox.com got removed but beyours.com still shows available for $1k at Afternic till now.

fleaking

Last edited:
•••
My main gripe with Afternic is how difficult it is to get my names actually listed because the verification emails never get sent.

How is someone listing other people's names so easily when I struggle so much to list my own?! :ROFL:

•••
I don't want to deal with potential consequences of not being able to transfer if a sale did randomly come through during that period. I wait the 60-days after the transfer happens and get ready to upload them to Afternic and Sedo once again.
You do not have to wait 60 days. I had multiple sales within 60 days transfer lock period at both Afternic and Sedo. They just ask buyer to wait till the end of period. No sales were cancelled.

•••
Seriously you think it's him??

I, seriously, doubt Frank would use his own name on Afternic. He never did before anywhere, and would have no reason to now. Just some clown using his name with BD in the middle.
Maybe it is Uniregstry's account since Frank was previous owner of Uniregistry?

@KTC , could you check if the same domains are listed at Uniregistry for the same price?

•••
Maybe it is Uniregstry's account since Frank was previous owner of Uniregistry?

@KTC , could you check if the same domains are listed at Uniregistry for the same price?

I highly-doubt it has anything to do with Frank or Uniregistry. I was just noting that the username was similar.

As @hawkeye said, it is probably a clown.

I've also checked the account at Afternic and there are currently no names listed for sale by that account.

Last edited:
•••
@fleaking

This is very interesting...

http://dotweekly.com/turner-broadcasting-sells-fn-com-domain-movers/

"HPX.com sold at Sedo for $130,000 which appears to have been the Buy Now offering price on the domain, as an Afternic listing holds the same price. Although the domain name was under privacy at Uniregistry, the domain is listed for sale under FrankbdSchilling at Afternic. The domain transferred to GoDaddy at the time of the sale, under whois privacy, so the buyers are currently unknown. It appears Frank acquired the domain in August 2014."

Anyway, please contact Joe as I mentioned earlier.

Last edited:
•••
Inform afternic cc.take control

•••
You do not have to wait 60 days. I had multiple sales within 60 days transfer lock period at both Afternic and Sedo. They just ask buyer to wait till the end of period. No sales were cancelled.

Didn't realize that could be done.

•••
Yup lots of false domains are listed on there even officially used business domains are for sale on there LOL. Further proof GoDaddy's products are a joke.

•••
I get a request for fast transfer almost every month because some joker tries to add names he doesn’t own. These are names I have owned for years not a recent acquisition.

You have to send Afternic a screenshot that you own it to get it removed as anyone can list any damn name there.

On the registrar level, they need a decline button so these fraudsters can’t continue this crap. Very few have it.

Last edited:
•••
i think a lot of the issue is comming from domains that have expired. The previous owner let the domain expire and don't update the afternic listing. When you register the domain, it is already listed on their platforum.

•••
I get a request for fast transfer almost every month because some joker tries to add names he doesn’t own. These are names I have owned for years not a recent acquisition.

You have to send Afternic a screenshot that you own it to get it removed as anyone can list any damn name there.

On the registrar level, they need a decline button so these fraudsters can’t continue this crap. Very few have it.

Something definitely needs to change. I like how Sedo and Dan has it set-up, so that if you need to verify that you are the owner, you can do it on your own instead of waiting days for it to get done.

i think a lot of the issue is comming from domains that have expired. The previous owner let the domain expire and don't update the afternic listing. When you register the domain, it is already listed on their platforum.

While I agree this does happen where people haven't updated their listings, that isn't the particular case I'm mentioning.

I am transferring the domain to another registrar and waiting 60 days before I put them back on. Someone is adding them and at extremely high min offers.

•••
Back