Domain Empire

discuss List my domains in Afternic, SquadHelp, or some other Marketplace?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

TidalGate

Impact
For years now I have been acquiring domains and I am ready to start selling them. Which marketplace would you recommend and why: Afternic, Squadhelp, or another one?

Thanks for your help!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would just mention, that if you choose Squadhelp, according to their TOS, you wont be able to list your domains at other marketplaces, so take that in mind.
Also, Afternic got country block for several places, who knows, maybe users from blocked countries might be your buyers, good luck :)

•••
Personally, I list mine on both Afternic and Sedo. One thing to keep in mind is that if you list on Squadhelp you won't be able to list elsewhere (as SixFigures said). However, listing on places like Afternic, DAN, and Sedo will allow you to list on multiple marketplaces. Depending where your name is registered, you might be able to list it on the marketplace of that registrar as well (Such as GoDaddy or DynaDot)... Hope this helps!

•••
It depends on the type of domains you have in your portfolio.

If they are brandables - then just list them on Squadhelp, BrandBucket or BrandPa
If they are dictionary words, EMDs, etc. then list them on Afternic & Sedo.

•••
One thing you need when you're selling a domain is exposure. More exposure = a higher chance of finding the right buyer.

Afternic, for example, distributes domains across a network of domain registrars (including GoDaddy) and generates tens of millions of searches per month for premium domains. Sedo also has an MLS.

Couple exposure with a clear landing page and that's a good foundation for your names.

•••
One thing you need when you're selling a domain is exposure. More exposure = a higher chance of finding the right buyer.

Afternic, for example, distributes domains across a network of domain registrars (including GoDaddy) and generates tens of millions of searches per month for premium domains. Sedo also has an MLS.

Couple exposure with a clear landing page and that's a good foundation for your names.

Dan landing page was clear and nice , now with the cookies big notification it is a MESS !

•••

for highly brandable names how do you compare Afternic to Squadhelp, BrandBucket or BrandPa?

•••
Thank you everyone for thoughtful responses! In terms of commissions, how do Afternic, GoDaddy, SquadHelp, Sedo compare?

•••
Clarifying some incorrect information that has been shared here. For domains that have been accepted into SquadHelp's Premium Marketplace (which is the goal, usually), they are automatically syndicated out to Sedo, and you can absolutely list them at Afternic as well (it's encouraged). And for Standard domain listings, there are no restrictions at all re: where else you choose to list them.

•••
Clarifying some incorrect information that has been shared here. For domains that have been accepted into SquadHelp's Premium Marketplace (which is the goal, usually), they are automatically syndicated out to Sedo, and you can absolutely list them at Afternic as well (it's encouraged). And for Standard domain listings, there are no restrictions at all re: where else you choose to list them.
Thanks for clarifying confusion

•••
I just got off the phone with a CS rep at Afternic who stated that one has to keep their names registered at GoDaddy to list them with Afternic. Is this correct?

•••
I just got off the phone with a CS rep at Afternic who stated that one has to keep their names registered at GoDaddy to list them with Afternic. Is this correct?
What they are telling you is not correct.

@GoDaddy

•••
Not correct at all.

•••
This is not correct. We'll DM you for more information on the advice you were given.

•••
If they are brandables - then just list them on Squadhelp, BrandBucket or BrandPa
If they are dictionary words, EMDs, etc. then list them on Afternic & Sedo.
Good insight. Thanks!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back