IT.COM

advice Squadhelp WLM "no index" tags blocking Google

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I used to have a custom HTML domain marketplace for my domains and I dropped it in favor of Squadhelp's white label solution. I recently discovered that Squadhelp has added "noindex" tags to my marketplace and to most of my domain landing pages - effectively keeping them from being indexed by Google.

<meta name="robots" content="noindex" />
<meta name="googlebot" content="noindex" />
<title>Premium Domains For Sale / Find undefined in undefined categories, Page undefined</title>
<title>Search for Premium Health and Medica

It may be time time to find a new solution. I really like Squadhelp, but there are much better ways to avoid a "duplicate content" penalty from Google than that.

Can anyone recommend a similar "white label marketplace" solution? Someone on a recent Domain Social talked about Darpan allowing then to set up Google sitemaps of their site. Is that an option?

I'm sure that someone has figured this out. Please reply or PM me or email.

Thanks!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I used to have a custom HTML domain marketplace for my domains and I dropped it in favor of Squadhelp's white label solution. I recently discovered that Squadhelp has added "noindex" tags to my marketplace and to most of my domain landing pages - effectively keeping them from being indexed by Google.

It may be time time to find a new solution. I really like Squadhelp, but there are much better ways to avoid a "duplicate content" penalty from Google than that.

Can anyone recommend a similar "white label marketplace" solution? Someone on a recent Domain Social talked about Darpan allowing then to set up Google sitemaps of their site. Is that an option?

I'm sure that someone has figured this out. Please reply or PM me or email.

Thanks!
Sorry to reply to my own post, but I wanted to update people on this issue. Squadhelp was responsive and actually created a sitetmap.xml file. They are looking into the "noindex" tags, reporting that they are only supposed to put these on Premium domains. The idea is that they want the Squadhelp-branded version to be the one that gets indexed, not the version with my logo. I can live with that.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back