IT.COM

poll Libra domains - Did you invest?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Libra domains - Did you invest?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • No, I did not and would not invest.

votes
    72.4%
  • Yes, I did invest.

votes
    27.6%
  • I haven't invested yet, but intend to.

votes
    0.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Internet.Domains

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
Since the new cryptocurrency 'Libra' was recently announced there has been lots of discussion surrounding 'Libra' domains. It's been awhile since the domain community has seen such a trending term such as Libra.

There are passionate debates on both sides, with those that are investing in Libra domains and those that won't or aren't investing. Some see opportunity while others see misery.

Where do you fit in?

Please vote.

Let's discuss in a civil manner.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I personally have not invested in Libra domains as I doubt there is a big end-user pool. Also, I don't like most things FB related so I'll pass on their coin. Just not feeling it.

I do think there's money to be made if you sell to speculators/domainers though. There is opportunity for some quick flips if you're into that.

I'm looking into a somewhat related .com atm to develop as I think it could catch some decent traffic and be monetized. Or maybe I'll just keep it as a novelty name :)

•••
I went down the LBR . path . If that is not Libras eventual abbreviation I think there are about 40 acronyms for LBR so a bit of back up or drop . Cheers

Last edited:
•••
I invested but I really do not know if any of them will end up hitting big so I invested across all three that might prove out.

In dot gold I have

LBR
Libra
Calibra

I will give it a year or two to see which one if any pays off.

•••
As a student in business...there are some indicators I look for when investing:

Market sentiment.

All keywords are taken and a few domains have already been sold. People are jockeying into position.

Media hype.

Type 'Libra' into Google news aggregator and you see a healthy and steady amount of mrdia attention.

Fundamentals.

Facebook has a 2 billion+ active audience and growing, a massive warchest, and have put together a world-class blockchain team. Their financials are healthy--with $45.23b in cash and cash equivalents. It is true while locked in litigation they have sustained losses, but they can readily absorb them.

Partnerships.

Paypal
Mastercard
Visa

These are heavy-hitters and their expertise and resources would furthrr bolster the case for Libra.

Track Record.

WhatsApp
Instagram
Oculus VR

These companies are behemoths in their own right. These acquisitions prove FB is innovating on a way forward.

Summary.

Is there really an argument not to invest besides potential Libra trademark considerations or concerns over decentralization? Not really.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back