Domain Empire

opinion Let's exploit the .blog extension Win or Bust?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

TheWatcher

Founder, MAJ.comTop Member
Impact
Today .Blog extension open it's door. I don't like their pricing setup and thousand of keyword reserved, but what the hell. Let me get some.

I registered CyberWar.blog and now redirecting to my cyber security blog.
What's your plan using .blog extension aside the obvious "blog" posting. Let's exploit the possibility, care to share what's on your mind? What domain you successfully registered and what's your plan for the next 12 months?

Thank you,
[email protected]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I bought one just for the fun of it, and maybe to stick it to them F#[email protected]

Worst case scenario, thought some angry person could buy it for a gripe site.

•••
Last edited:
•••
donaldtrumps.blog is live.......

•••
Rick Schwartz bought Ricks.Blog. But didn't forward to RicksBlog.com
May be later......

•••
Sorry error....

Last edited:
•••
Rick Schwartz bought Ricks.Blog. But didn't forward to RicksBlog.com
May be later......

Interesting to know that Rick registered his own .blog
I tried my first name, too expensive in high $$$, tried last name woohh high $$$$ per year.

Hahahaha

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

•••
•••
Interesting to know that Rick registered his own .blog
I tried my first name, too expensive in high $$$, tried last name woohh high $$$$ per year.

Hahahaha

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.
Rick just reported $2M in sales today, he bought in landrush, he likes to protect his likeness.

•••
At these prices there won't be many reg fee appraisals

•••
Nice discount.
3Qkbws1.png

•••
DotCom.Blog

$139,999.99

$139,999.99/yr when you renew

•••
•••
Matt Mullenweg: "We're very reasonable on the pricing, so people will be able to consider renewing."

"Pricing is really hard. I think it's a calculus that everyone goes through in this phase, where you want to find a price point where people take it seriously and you're not so low that they're attracting a tonne of speculators, but you're not so high that you're out of reach of normal people."

https://www.namepros.com/blog/interview-we-talk-blog-with-wordpress-creator-matt-mullenweg.972066/

•••
DotCom.Blog

$139,999.99

$139,999.99/yr when you renew

If we assume that most buy a domain to own it at least for a few years and the average holding time is 5-10 years.

If sold, instead of leased as is the case here domain would cost at least 5-10 years leasing fees 139,999.99x5-10 =$700k-$1.4 million, that would be the minimum

So dotcomblog.com is worth $1 million bucks??

Honestly I would say it would be 4 to low 5 figures at best.

Registry has gone nuts with pricing.

•••
There are still a few mid-quality ones, available for reg-fee, e.g. relationship.blog, inflation.blog

Maybe at least these will keep their renewals and won't get jacked up

•••
I got machinery/blog domain. machine/blog is €6230 per year ouch. machines/blog is 250 another ouch. but the premium word out of those 3 is mine for reg price! wahoo!

•••
•••
Anyone here bidding on their .blog pre-launch? Care to share what you're bidding on.

•••
instyle .blog that is what i got

•••
Reg just one "Secu .blog" to maintain a security blog and earn some CPE as I am Cissp certified.
This is the shortest possibility for security I found;
Infosec and sec are reserved !
Security and secure are premium !

Secu .blog will be in French because in France we use secu instead of securité :)

•••
regged my first gltds today, just wondering in the for sale summary should I put a comment it is standard reg fee and not premium, especially being I think registrar could upgrade in the future?
Picked up GiGs. blog childsupport. blog homebrewery .blog petvet. blog
Of coarse I hope it will be a win but don't plan on regging anymore. Still some pretty good names available
for the basic reg fee
Joe T

•••
Checked some first names .blog - $11,500 per year lol.

•••
cant reach landing page when typing in dot.blog name maybe I wasted a hundred bucks
Joe T

•••
WOW, I check wedding.blog , it is $188,908.36 and renewal fee is $188,908.36 per year.
Want to buy?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back