NameSilo

opinion Legal dep Sedo contacted me

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Dear Mr. XXXXXX,

We are writing to inform you that the domain(s) listed below have been flagged for review in accordance with Sedo’s User Agreement and Rights Protection Program for potential violation of third party rights.

CVCV.CO

In response to a validated complaint from a matching or confusingly similar trademark holder, Sedo must

- remove the domain(s) from Sedo’s Domain Marketplace
- disable hosting services if the domain(s) was participating in Sedo’s Domain Parking Program

Please note this action in no way affects your registration or control of the domain, your Sedo User Account, or any other domains you may have listed for sale or parked with Sedo.

Sedo takes great pains to strike a balance between the legitimate rights of domain owners and third party intellectual property owners and verify all legal complaints before taking any action against a domain name listed for sale or parked with Sedo.

If you believe that this action was taken in error or would like more information, please contact XXXXXXX

Sincerely,

Legal Department
Sedo.com :: 161 First Street :: 4th Fl.

I received this email today for a CVCV.CO I own. Obviously I didin t know of any trademark because this name has a meaning in italian (lets say just for example the domain is fifo that in italian means I walk (just pretending).
I have removed the domain from Sedo and I want to build a website around it. I have checked the com and is a German company related with the activity.(that is generic in italian like walk in the garden, on the street ,in the park, on the moon or whatever) This company let s say sells shoes (useful to walk).
I noticed also that the net is on sale at buydomains.com and the org just parked.
Do you think that the german guys complained or is just Sedo that reviewed the name being a germany company itself? Did you ever received a similar email?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've gotten notices like that before maybe 2-3 times...I wouldn't worry about it.. I had an energy + item which was generic enough domain name and apparently a company had a similar sounding item.. doesn't mean it necessarily infringes anything, but I think they are being cautious to not even open the door for any complications. It just prevents your great domain from being listed there.. just put it on godaddy :)

•••
thanks I might actually really devep it, to give some added value. From the phrasing of the email however (In response to a validated complaint from a matching or confusingly similar trademark holder) they make it sounds like somebody complained (but i doubt it)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back