Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

.mobi Landrush SCREWUPS

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
Watch

mjnels

Top Member
Impact
659
ahhh yes... $60 typos.. thats whatcha get for not using spellcheck with hundreds of names constantly in front of your face and asking yourself.. is this one good enough for $60?? whats good enough? what IS mobi gonna be anyway?

EastCost .mobi - accidental pre-registration typo of EastCoast... $60 thrown away..realized i did this a couple days after landrush.


EightTeen .mobi - except that isnt how you spell it, and i didnt even know that until a week ago.. heh, i thought it was available on October 11th so i regged it.. thats what i get for learning to spell on the internet all these years..
 
Last edited:
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
my biggie was LasAngelestaxis.mobi ...couldn't believe it was still there :) had just spent hours brainstorming...that's my story and I'm sticking to it...




.
 
0
•••
Christmass.mobi

When i first got it i was Like Score one for me, then I relized there should only be one "s"
 
0
•••
I was not there during the landrush but I too could not believe my eyes when i saw that limosuine. mobi is available. I registered it while thinking something is fishy here.
 
0
•••
Behold this: gospellyricsi.mobi

I still can't understand how I managed to add the redundant i at the end - it's two rows up from the '.'

Maybe I should have looked into typo domains after all :)

Thankfully I did manage to get the real thing too (gospellyrics.mobi) And I must confess I just Googled that now, to make absolutely sure there are no alternative ways to spell it - that would have been really funny.
 
0
•••
I have timesquare.mobi. What's wrong with this? Well, the correct one should be timessquare.mobi.
 
0
•••
hedgefund said:
I have timesquare.mobi. What's wrong with this? Well, the correct one should be timessquare.mobi.

I'm sure that's not obvious to most people in the world - pretty much everyone has heard of Times Square, but only a small percentage of them have seen it in writing, and even a smaller number have paid attention to the spelling.

I would consider renewing if I were you.
 
0
•••
ahahaha.. some pretty good ones guys... i wonder how many names i got that i thought i registered using the correct spelling, and are sitting in my account right now mispelled just pointing and laughing at me..
 
0
•••
Guadalajara.mobi (OVT 17217) mTLD reserved
Gudalajara.mobi (OVT 49) scandiman's screw up.

Boy, what a difference an a makes. :(
 
0
•••
I used an online English to Spanish translator for ringtones and got the bellow names:

anillotono.mobi and anillotonos.mobi

Bad thing is, well, I found out later that ring and tones in spanish do not go together...I forget what the acutal word used to describe ringtones is :o

Thought I had it made with those two names :lol:
 
0
•••
I tried hard to not have any but I got one:

mytlebeach.mobi :wave:
 
0
•••
think, ooo I bet that one hurt when you realized the mistake!!
 
0
•••
rofl, great thread....

i did the same thing but with augratinpotatoes.com, luckily i deleted it.
 
0
•••
-JC- said:
think, ooo I bet that one hurt when you realized the mistake!!

I think I uttered some expletives upon realizing this :lol:
 
0
•••
0
•••
I got MAQ.mobi... what a waste of money!
 
1
•••
Jiblob said:
I got MAQ.mobi... what a waste of money!
No worries...I'll give you your reg. fee for it.

keithmt
 
0
•••
0
•••
heh nice ones guys.. specially thinks'.. mytlebeach..sounds like Midol-Beach "the place to go when you get PMS"
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back