NameSilo

domain L-O-A-N-S.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

RU

I'm out of domaining. ~RusselAccount Closed (Requested)
Impact
What do you think about this domain?
Please appraise.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Damn, why so much aggressiveness? You are talking to the guy like he just killed somebody or something...

•••
IceDude, its not intended to come across as aggressive. Constructive criticism, that is all. Just trying to help. He wont sell anything if he makes those mistakes regularly.

•••
IceDude, its not intended to come across as aggressive. Constructive criticism, that is all. Just trying to help. He wont sell anything if he makes those mistakes regularly.
I'm sorry, this passed constructive criticism when you made allegations on a person and didn't focus on the domain.

Constructive criticism: This domain is worthless.
Allegation: You have pretty much blacklisted yourself with this school boy error. Your attitude is unprofessional and childish.

•••
Thanks for the feedback guys. Will keep this in mind.

I appreciate this is a domain appraisal topic - didn't think constructive criticism on the person was outside the remit.

•••
•••
  1. 14 minutes ago - buyselldoms:
    RU - I owe you an apology for a comment I made on your appraisal thread. Was only intended as constructive criticism but others have said it was too aggressive. Apologies.
I have obviously upset you with you disliking me thanking the others who defending you, for their feedback on my comment. I wont keep adding messages, I agree that I was a little too harsh with my comment, the only reason why I haven't edited the message isn't because I stand by it, but because it would have resulted in other messages not making so much sense. I hope you accept my apology.

I will finish up by adding that I do think I have a valid point in regards to you showing your hand too much. If you are asking people for an appraisal on a domain, posting information about any suspension etc. could hinder what you are trying to do. As Google visits this page and indexes it, if you found a buyer for the domain, he or she could either be put off by some of what you posted here or could hinder your selling price.

•••
No one begrudges mistakes, it's when the reasoning behind the mistake is defended against all good advice, mistakes are part of the learning curve but so is accepting them as mistakes (sometimes sales do happen against all odds but i wouldn't wish to base a portfolio around that theory) Good Luck

•••
Who here has never made a foolish move?
This is the drama of life / domaining played out for each other's benefit.
Thanks to all who posted, for tonight's Domain Theater.

•••
$0 - $0.01 IF YOUR LUCKY

•••
Who here has never made a foolish move?
This is the drama of life / domaining played out for each other's benefit.
Thanks to all who posted, for tonight's Domain Theater.
Far too many mistakes :)

•••
Only type of domains like these that I can picture having $xx value would be 'novelty' domains.

Stuff like F-u-*-k.com or H-a-c-k-e-d.com, maybe F-u-c-*-Y-o-u.com (all these are taken btw)

The finance industry is a bit too serious to invest in something like L-o-a-n-s.com

Would you put your social security number on an application on the website L-o-a-n-s.com?
Would you give any type of personal information to this website with 100% confidence?

Obviously, no. Why would anyone want it? Unless you come across a hippy banker that designs websites in his spare-time and he just finished smoking a bowl right before he got your email and he happened to be in a real good mood and found a wallet that morning with some money in it, he may offer $50 bucks.

:)

•••
Would you put your social security number on an application on the website L-o-a-n-s.com?

Absolutely not. But that's not required when you're just generating leads and selling them for $25 a pop. The actual finance compan(y/ies) you choose will call and close deals for you.

•••
Is the finance industry in America non-regulated?

I was an affiliate getting £40 per lead for loan applications many years back - most of this were people getting finance for cars, this got stopped by the authorities after a while as by making referrals you also have to be registered and regulated too. Despite only providing end users with a typical link with an affiliate code, i.e. not making professional financial advice or collecting information myself, this is strictly prohibited in the UK.

Is this not the same in the US? Or is it something you just attempt to do up until the authorities put a stop to it?

•••
I think it has some value. I have never registered a name with a hyphen for obvious reasons but I see this differently. It's certainly a novelty name. You wouldn't dream of using it seriously (imagine having to say "L hyphen O hyphen A hyphen N hyphen S dot com").

The loans market is hugely valuable so I can see some value for this, perhaps being used in an advertising campaign or something. It certainly works visually and is memorable.

•••
The loans market is hugely valuable so I can see some value for this, perhaps being used in an advertising campaign or something. It certainly works visually and is memorable.

I totally agree with you @Charles Sweeney 100%!!!
Thank You!

•••
...Unless you come across a hippy banker that designs websites in his spare-time and he just finished smoking a bowl right before he got your email and he happened to be in a real good mood and found a wallet that morning with some money in it, he may offer $50 bucks.

:)
I would mke this person my best friend, if possible.

•••
It does not have any value. Nobody is going to type L-O-A-N-S in google or web address bar.

•••
It does not have any value. Nobody is going to type L-O-A-N-S in google or web address bar.

I'm interested in cars so I had a look at c-a-r-s.com . It's been registered since 2001 and has a proper site on it which has been up since 2006. That person obviously sees some value in his name.

•••
I'm interested in cars so I had a look at c-a-r-s.com . It's been registered since 2001 and has a proper site on it which has been up since 2006. That person obviously sees some value in his name.

Was this before or after you seen this thread?

People do naturally type different names before .com or .co.uk etc. but no one is so creative to try every hyphen combination also

•••
Was this before or after you seen this thread?

People do naturally type different names before .com or .co.uk etc. but no one is so creative to try every hyphen combination also

After.

I quite agree, no-one in a million years will type l-o-a-n-s or c-a-r-s but I don't see their value as direct type ins and never said so either. I see their value in their visual appeal, their memorability and their novelty.

I'm not saying the names are worth a fortune but I do think they have some value, certainly more than most you see many people here registering that aren't worth the registration fee.

The OP here is asking $100 for the name. I would say it was well worth that.

•••
After.

I quite agree, no-one in a million years will type l-o-a-n-s or c-a-r-s but I don't see their value as direct type ins and never said so either. I see their value in their visual appeal, their memorability and their novelty.

I'm not saying the names are worth a fortune but I do think they have some value, certainly more than most you see many people here registering that aren't worth the registration fee.

The OP here is asking $100 for the name. I would say it was well worth that.
There is no way it's "well worth" $100. (I'm Sorry DU, I like many of your other domains) ....

•••
I see after my post someone reg'd w-i-k-i(.)com (recent drop).

If similar domains are worth nothing, why Namedia (Frank Schilling - domain industry king) reg'd/bought
L-O-V-E(.)com (13 years old domain)?

•••
Love is more compatible with that kind of domain I think. I guess 13 years ago it seemed like a good idea... I dont know :D

•••
Don't listen to them, they are just jealous... It's worth min. $1mil. Keep it until you get the right offer and don't let it drop!

•••
Don't listen to them, they are just jealous... It's worth min. $1mil. Keep it until you get the right offer and don't let it drop!

Are you serious? Or this joke? :)

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back