Dynadot

domain L-O-A-N-S.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

RU

I'm out of domaining. ~RusselAccount Closed (Requested)
Impact
What do you think about this domain?
Please appraise.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
seems tough to type.. surely to many dashes ?

•••
Use the address bar to search the web

fdgfdgdfg.jpg

seems tough to type.. surely to many dashes ?

•••
No Value. Not even if you were the luckiest person on the planet.

•••
Still looking for appraisals, please.

Loans.com sold for $3,000,000 in 2000
.loans coming soon

Highly-commercial domain!

High CPC ~$10

8,666 domains starting with [loans]
loans.png

more than 10,000 actively registered domains ending with [loans]
loans_end.png

368,000 avg. monthly searches
keywordpl.png

Domain Name Sales
loanssales.png

•••
The dashes makes it very hard.

e-u-r-o-p-e.com is also searched 550k and t-e-r-a.com is searched 667k but are both at Goddady Closeout

•••
Hypens.. not again.. When I registered my first domain, there was 5 hypens.. (still waiting for offer/bid)

•••
Doesn't really matter what loans.com sold for. That domain doesn't contain 4 dashes. One dash can be the difference between a valuable domain and a non-valuable domain, and this contains FOUR.

Also, I see that this domain was regged 2 days ago. This domain would be long gone if there was a market for domains like t-h-i-s.

I don't think it's worth even reg-fee.. but this is just my opinion. I recommend you don't reg anymore of these and reg some new technology domains or something.

•••
Use the address bar to search the web

fdgfdgdfg.jpg

That's because chrome is smart enough to suggest you your recent searches/visits.

Remove any bookmark for this domain..
Delete all browsing data Ctrl + shift + delete
Restart Chrome..

And after that tell me, can you give such screenshot again?

•••
•••
like I said before.$-1

You don't understand...

This domain better than cheapestblablablablablaloans.com

All killer domains registered with hyphens since 1997-2000 c-a-s-i-n-o.com, c-r-e-d-i-t.com, p-i-z-z-a.com, d-i-a-m-o-n-d-s.com, h-o-t-e-l-s.com, p-o-r-n.com, s-h-o-p.com, d-o-m-a-i-n.com ...

•••
The problem is EMD don't have so much relevance to Google anymore... domains with hyphens that split words don't even get the little boost... AFAIK, Google sees the domain as 5 separate letters... it doesn't strip the hyphens and see "LOANS". I am fairly confident of that.

As for type in... not going to happen. As the hyphens dilute the potential even with a big SEO budget I doubt anyone ever typing in "Loans" etc. would get your website in Google or Chrome.

Personally, I like the concept of hyphens in a hobbyish domain name, especially for otherwise premium names, they look alright... just not going to pay over registration price for them and not going to use it for a website I need people to remember the address for or to perform well in Google. This makes it pointless having more than a few.

In this case, I am going to treat it as the above post #3 was confusion by RU rather than attempting to defraud anyone into increasing the potential value of this domain name.

•••
The problem is EMD don't have so much relevance to Google anymore... domains with hyphens that split words don't even get the little boost... AFAIK, Google sees the domain as 5 separate letters... it doesn't strip the hyphens and see "LOANS". I am fairly confident of that.

As for type in... not going to happen. As the hyphens dilute the potential even with a big SEO budget I doubt anyone ever typing in "Loans" etc. would get your website in Google or Chrome.

Personally, I like the concept of hyphens in a hobbyish domain name, especially for otherwise premium names, they look alright... just not going to pay over registration price for them and not going to use it for a website I need people to remember the address for or to perform well in Google. This makes it pointless having more than a few.

In this case, I am going to treat it as the above post #3 was confusion by RU rather than attempting to defraud anyone into increasing the potential value of this domain name.

Relevant search result, please look at this :)
loansdsfsdf.png

•••
Google picked up the text "loans.com" from this namepros topic, what you searched for... the reason why the title text is bold for "L-O-A-N-S.com" is the hyphened version is similar. Its nothing more than visual. I believe Google does this for instances of co-incidence and coincidence etc. where the hyphen doesn't matter to the word.

Likewise despite the title of l-o-a-n-s.com being loans.com ... searching for loans.com doesn't bring up your website.

•••
•••
RU,your not listening,and maybe in denial,Grace delete if you can and start over,I'm sorry it is worthless,the-dashes-kill-it

•••
No more dashes when you buy or hand reg a domain,even IDN's are far better then that,at least they have a half decent chance,if they are good.

•••
No more dashes when you buy or hand reg a domain,even IDN's are far better then that,at least they have a half decent chance,if they are good.[/QUOTE
Sorry, but IDN - crap
I hate IDN names...

•••
I also have b-u-i-l-d.com
I don't change the title (b-u-i-l-d.com), but Google changed the title, interesting...

My current title: b-u-i-l-d.com
builddddd.png

Title in SERPs
buildcom.png

•••
End users don't want domains like this. So that's the end of it.

•••
•••
b-u-i-l-d.com have some traffic
sdfsdffasdfsdfsdf.png

•••
This isn't about me, but 7-8 I think. Most in the mid-high $xxx range, and two in the $x,xxx.

I hand regged a domain before and sold it a few months later for around $2,500. Bought for low $x.

Also, that date is when I joined NP, not when I started domaining.

•••
Yet again, someone wants and appraisal then posts and posts about how his domain is worth more than any appraisal here.
Bottom line is, if you have to explain your domain, it is crap!
Not worth a darn!

Now, go ahead and post another whiny post about why it is worth so much money.

•••
You don't understand...

This domain better than cheapestblablablablablaloans.com

All killer domains registered with hyphens since 1997-2000 c-a-s-i-n-o.com, c-r-e-d-i-t.com, p-i-z-z-a.com, d-i-a-m-o-n-d-s.com, h-o-t-e-l-s.com, p-o-r-n.com, s-h-o-p.com, d-o-m-a-i-n.com ...

Seems you do not understand the dashes have killed it and it's value …..get over it

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back