Domain Empire

news KOBE *RIP*

Spaceship
Watch

LarryDomain

Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just a heads up for the Kobe fans, next Sunday 9PM ep 5/6 of the Last Dance, about Jordan/Bulls, will be the episodes mainly about Dream Team, Jordan/Magic/Bird and Jordan and Kobe first playing against each other. Could be the best sports documentary ever, will win some awards. Can read about today's 3/4 episodes - https://twitter.com/search?q=#TheLastDance&src=trend_click

EWlCzlTXkAAm2sl

EWlFgGIWoAErcnA

"When Kobe Bryant died, a piece of me died." - Michael Jordan

Last edited:
•••
Who is acting "irrationally?"
Everyone posting on social media because someone famous died.

People put more energy into this type of news than they do when a friend dies.

I’ll admit that anyone dying is sad but to cry out for one individual when thousands of others also died today is a weird social issue.

•••
I wouldn’t immediately take to social media if a friend or family member died. It’s personal and not necessary to shout to the world.
Everyone grieves differently. Some cry, some hug, everyone does it differently. You should respect people grieving. By not showing respect to others grieving, you do seem insensitive.

•••
3 posts made you tired?

I look at the big picture. It’s sad when people cry over one person and ignore everyone else. I get it, he’s famous so all others don’t count.
Wrong. Simply wrong.

RIP 8/24

•••
It’s sad when people turn a blind eye to the state of the world on a daily basis but come out from under rocks to mourn a famous individual.

The world is a mess and we come together over this. Unreal.

Again, yes, this is a sad event. Why don’t we actively talk about mass killings happening around the world right now? Our perspective is way off as a whole.

It's not a contest. People can mourn Kobe and still talk about other stuff like mass killings. Should people not mourn their own personal losses, like family/loved ones because of mass killings and other tragedies in this world? And I explained it to you in the other post, connections, memories. It's why you see such an outpouring.

Last edited:
•••
People don’t think. That’s why the world is in its current, sad state. Follow the heard and you’ll be one of the sheep.

Yes it’s sad when one person dies but let’s not forget all others as if death isn’t the norm.

It is OK for people to mourn or show some empathy to those that have passed away but in the end their dead and it means jack.....I have lost family members and friends and in my mind, my sympathy and grief does nothing for them - their gone, you move on and life carry's on.....someone being famous does not change anything, they came, they saw, they did and.......it happens to us all.

For me a public outpouring of social media grief has always felt weird, if you do not know someone then why comment on their death? They touched you? Inspired you? Made you the person you are? Their dead, their not going to see the message, who is it for? The family? They already know peoples thoughts, they where "famous" after all.... Your Peer Group? Your personal gratification? Social acceptance? Feeling morally superior to those that did not post? Feeling better?.....

Pretty some some hard working parent died today who gave joy and happiness to a lot of people - I'm not sure and do not care as it has not been posted yet.....

I personally do not understand it and as you probably gathered do not agree with it.......all the posts, the messages and news stories are meaningless imo.........but still, people do what they think is right and if I disagree with it I will say so but still respect those that do.......

Opinions are given, sought and appreciated, even those that we disagree with.......

•••
I also understand what yoh are saying @Keith .When disasters happen anywhere in the world and lives are lost,I mourn them as a human.I dont know them all by name and they may not be famous but i value them as humans..Mourning the loss of a famos person is not a crime also as its a choice who you chose to mourn.If there is something positive i learned ,i would mourn the loss.

I wont mourn an evil minded person,whether rich or poor.I wont also be told who to mourn or not.I have read stories of tragedies and commented even if i do not know them and they were not famos people.Its just showing empathy and words of support to the deceased family when they read about how people loved their departed relatives.

I was a fan and went to watch the Lakers a lot and Kobe was the reason.
Nothing bad paying a respect to him and all those who perished with him.

•••
condolences to his family. Will be missed. :(

•••
Everyone posting on social media because someone famous died.

People put more energy into this type of news than they do when a friend dies.

I’ll admit that anyone dying is sad but to cry out for one individual when thousands of others also died today is a weird social issue.
Agreed there, people care way too much about people who are well known and loaded. They could careless how many people die everyday of hunger or how many people endure atrocious whether and are homeless.

•••
What's with the stupid posting. Again, people can mourn Kobe and still mourn other people, care about other issues. You just mentioned the homeless, well that was an issue he cared about as well:

Kobe Bryant: Helping the homeless

You have nothing better than to argue everytime and I believe the only stupid here is you. Stop quoting my posts or speak some sense. It is true. I dont agree with everything @Keith all the time but he raised a valid point. I didnt see you quoting his OP so take a ride or speak well. Focus also, I did not say he could careless for people, whether homeless or not so not sure why you would post a video like this when it is not related to him cause there was no claim he did not care for people.

Last edited:
•••
Your post was stupid. I explained why it was stupid. And you said I didn't quote Keith, I did. It's there for anybody to see.

You said about the people mourning Kobe:

"They could careless how many people die everyday of hunger or how many people endure atrocious whether and are homeless."

That is stupid. It's just some dumb, general statement about a whole bunch of people you don't know. Yet again, people can care about more than 1 thing. They can be upset or sympathize with what happened and still care about other things.

Terrible assumption as always from you. At least have the decency to quote the whole message. I was not talking or accusing anyone mourning Kobe's death. Here is what I wrote again

Agreed there, people care way too much about people who are well known and loaded. They could careless how many people die everyday of hunger or how many people endure atrocious whether and are homeless.

Read the green part. I said People care way too much about people who are well-known or loaded. Focus on the use of "people" twice on my sentence. Granted English is not my first language, however, I dont think that sentence I wrote is so bad it will make you interpret it like that.

•••
...nvm...

Last edited:
•••
For those with the eyes to see through the theater . . .

I understand this is likely info overload for most of you. No offense intended, only truth.

☯☯☯

Last edited:
•••
same reason when someone you care for passes. Kobe has meaning in our lives.
I wouldn’t immediately take to social media if a friend or family member died. It’s personal and not necessary to shout to the world.

•••
Your rant is really tiresome.

I'm no sports enthusiast, but Kobe was obviously a sports legend and left an amazing impact on his game. Let his fans and admirers mourn this loss. Not to mention the tragedy of his daughter, for God's sake.
3 posts made you tired?

I look at the big picture. It’s sad when people cry over one person and ignore everyone else. I get it, he’s famous so all others don’t count.

•••
Nobody said they, "care less that 150,000 other people died today." Those are your words.

Regardless, people are grieving a tragedy of someone that is very well known. Someone that meant something different to everyone. To some Kobe's death is meaningless, it won't change a thing, and that is fair. Although, don't label those that are grieving as not caring about 150,000 other deaths. That is unfair.
No, they said they don’t care. That’s why one guy goes viral everywhere when he dies. People only take the time to cry out when they feel attached. Meanwhile loads of others die with no compassion or sympathy from the masses.

Hey look at my feed, I loved this famous person that I never met!

•••
Can you take your rant somewhere else? It seems a bit off topic (and I never complain about that), but this thread is about Kobe.
People don’t think. That’s why the world is in its current, sad state. Follow the heard and you’ll be one of the sheep.

Yes it’s sad when one person dies but let’s not forget all others as if death isn’t the norm.

•••
Some really stupid posting. Of course is sucks when anybody dies but the obvious is most people don't have memories/connections to those people or not as big of an impact on other people's lives. It could be simply a good memory, a break from a bad day, somebody to look up to etc.

Inspired lots of other players:

"Man I don’t even know where to start

I started playing ball because of KOBE after watching the 2010 finals. I had never watched ball before that and that finals was the turning point of my life. I WANTED TO BE LIKE KOBE. I’m so FREAKING SAD right now!!!! RIP LEGEND
Joel Embiid"
It’s sad when people turn a blind eye to the state of the world on a daily basis but come out from under rocks to mourn a famous individual.

The world is a mess and we come together over this. Unreal.

Again, yes, this is a sad event. Why don’t we actively talk about mass killings happening around the world right now? Our perspective is way off as a whole.

•••
•••
Looks like a baseball coach died in the crash too. Who’s starting the thread? See my point?

RIP to all that died today.

Last edited:
•••
Not to be insensitive but why do we care about this death vs the other 150,000 people that died today? Is it because he’s famous that we react irrationally?
People like you give this forum a bad name.

Only you would want to troll a married man who died alongside his daughter oh and not to mention one of the best athletes of all time

shame on you

•••
Eagle County Sheriff investigators first confronted Bryant
with the sexual assault accusation on July 2. During the July 2003
interview with investigators, Bryant initially told investigators
that he did not have sexual intercourse with his accuser,
a 19-year-old woman who worked at the hotel where Bryant was staying.
When the officers told Bryant that she had taken an exam that
yielded physical evidence, such as semen, Bryant admitted to having
sexual intercourse with her, but stated that the sex was consensual.
When asked about bruises on the accuser's neck, Bryant admitted to
"strangling" her during the encounter, stating that he held her
"from the back" "around her neck", that strangling during sex was
his "thing" and that he had a pattern of strangling a different sex
partner (not his wife) during their recurring sexual encounters.
When asked how hard he was holding onto her neck, Bryant stated,
"My hands are strong. I don't know." Bryant stated that he assumed
consent for sex because of the accuser's body language such as
her kissing him, putting her hand on his penis, and bending over,
but that he did not explicitly ask for her consent during the
encounter. Bryant later said that he believed his accuser was
capable of saying no because during the encounter he asked her
if he could "cum on her face", and she said no.

In August 2004, the accuser filed a civil lawsuit against Bryant
over the incident. In March 2005, the two parties settled that lawsuit.
The terms of the settlement were not disclosed to the public.
The Los Angeles Times reported that legal experts estimated the
settlement was more than $2.5 million.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back