IT.COM

news KOBE *RIP*

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

LarryDomain

Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes people die everyday. It is sad. No matter what, It is always sad when people die.

There are very few people that come into our lives everyday though.

If you spend time here at NP everyday, you will eventually start to feel an attachment to certain members who you look up to. You don't know them at all. They are just an avatar to many but you feel a bit of a connection to some that you start to follow. So, you almost feel like you do start to know that member you follow now. Connection. It's human nature.

Same thing w/Celebs. They are in our face for 5/10/20 years on our TV's, laptops, desktops etc.. We watch them grow. We watch them f-up. We watch them grow up. We start to feel a connection especially if it is something that we are interested in. NBA has millions of International fans. Kobe was a huge deal in the NBA. Many followed his career for 20 years. Many felt like they knew him.

The thing that really touches me about this tragedy was that he was in the helicopter w/his daughter. He was finally retired for a few years and spent tons of time w/his 13 yr old daughter Gianna. I saw a video recently, maybe a month ago with Gianna playing in a Junior High game and she was awesome.He was at a place in his life where he could spend time developing her into possibly one of the best females that ever played the game.

I've coached my own kids in Soccer, Baseball, & Basketball. That is one of the greatest feelings in the world as a dad. That reason alone makes this sad to me.

I feel horrible for the other passengers and their families, especially if they heard it on TMZ or Social Media first. Reports are still coming in that there was 5, then 8, now 9. Nothing has been confirmed 100% as of yet but the story is just getting sadder and sadder.

Sometimes there is a death we hear about that makes you start to question your own mortality.
Relationship issues that you may have not resolved yet.
Your own goals that you haven't completed or even started yet.
Your own purpose.
Your own legacy, etc.
So yeah, I completely understand why this is a sad day to many.

This is one of those tragedies that makes me think a little more about those things.

RIP to all.

Last edited:
•••
Who in the blank registered KobeBryantCrash in the dot com today. Whoever you are, you are sick.

•••
I saw it tending and just assumed it was one of those fake death reports that go viral from time to time.

Unfortunately, it was true.

RIP Kobe, and the others on board.

Brad

•••
Not to be insensitive but why do we care about this death vs the other 150,000 people that died today? Is it because he’s famous that we react irrationally?

same reason when someone you care for passes. Kobe has meaning in our lives.

•••
He was an impressive player, no doubt. I bet most of the people that died today have impressive qualities...
Your rant is really tiresome.

I'm no sports enthusiast, but Kobe was obviously a sports legend and left an amazing impact on his game. Let his fans and admirers mourn this loss. Not to mention the tragedy of his daughter, for God's sake.

•••
Devastating.
Life is so fragile.

•••
Speechless.

but it also makes me angry. Another great black role model GONE.

what's sad is that in these types of tragedies. It's almost BECAUSE of their wealth, whether it's their easy access to drugs or women or luxury cars or in this case helicopters, that they end up dead.

it makes me angry because you would think that if WE ever got rich we'd be relatively more SAFER than when we use to live in our apartments in the ghetto with bars on the windows so that no one can come in and rob, rape or murder us but if there is a fire we're screwed BECAUSE we have bars in the windows we can't remove because they are deadbolted on.

and here we have someone with all the resources in the world including a helicopter and he dies just like the rest of us.

he took a helicopter to take his daughter to a game? I just saw the map from where he left and his destination.

Granted driving anywhere in California there will be traffic on the highways.

Having a helicopter gives you "options".

Rich or not? I'd rather drive and be stuck in traffic like everyone else.

but I guess. If it's your time. it's your time.

no matter what your choice in transportation may be.

I was never into sports. But I've seen this guy play and he was pure poetry in motion.

RIP Kobe.

•••
Yup. posted global chat too. Most players today, grew up watching, idolizing him.

Gone way too soon. RIP Kobe Bryant.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Grew up a Lakers fan here in LA. Had season tickets to the Lakers, during Kobe's reign, for years. Kobe is bigger than life in LA. This news is beyond shocking. Simply indescribable.

Such a tragic loss for all of those on board the helicopter.

RIP

•••
Do you know what a FULLY torn achilles is?
is there a doctor here? hewas toughest there is

Generally speaking, when your heros, grew up watching die, YOUNG you remember them, for the good things they did.
He was an impressive player, no doubt. I bet most of the people that died today have impressive qualities...

•••
It’s sad when people turn a blind eye to the state of the world on a daily basis but come out from under rocks to mourn a famous individual.

The world is a mess and we come together over this. Unreal.

Again, yes, this is a sad event. Why don’t we actively talk about mass killings happening around the world right now? Our perspective is way off as a whole.

I understand what you are saying @Keith , and you are correct in aspects, it should not take anything for people to unite and respect other, the world is in shambles no doubt IMO.

But we have icons, hero's and ect . Steve Jobs and ect as an example, it is normal for people, the media, to give these people a eulogy of sorts when they pass. it's just what we do as human beings. At the end of every day, we are equal, no one is better or more important than the other.

•••
Orange Coast College baseball coach John Altobelli, his daughter Alyssa Altobelli and wife Keri Altobelli were on the helicopter with Kobe Bryant and his daughter Gianna when it crashed in Calabasas, California, a relative tells CNN
So sad both parents are dead and with their daughter.May they Rest in Peace.

Last edited:
•••
It's just over 24 hours since hearing about the devastating news. The shock and denial stage is ending, as the next stages of grief takeover.

Kobe united Southern California like nobody ever has or ever will. He brought everyone together. All demographics. All political parties. All ages. All social statuses from the poorest of neighborhoods to the most wealthy, he was someone that brought everyone together.

Most recently he purchased a few basketball courts in an industrial building launching the Mamba Sports Academy. He did so for the youth, not just from LA, but for youth from around the world. It was him giving back. I live a jog away from the facility. My son was fortunate enough to play basketball with players from around the world, as everyone was wishing to come to Kobe's facility. Weekends were filled with parents and kids, from all demographics, enjoying basketball and life. It was exactly how Kobe wanted it.

Crazy as it is, Kobe was on his way to the facility when the tragedy struck. He was living his life the same way as many of us do. Spending his time with his kids, with other kids, coaching and enjoying the two things he loved most, kids and basketball. He passed doing what he loved.

Unfortunately, the Mamba Sports Academy is closed indefinitely. The future remains uncertain. My hope is that Kobe's legacy continues throughout different ways. He united us, he loved community, he loved and mentored our youth. He inspired kids so young they never saw him play on live television. Kobe's legacy is irreplaceable.

RIP

20200127_112713.jpg

(Picture taken a few weeks ago, doing the same thing Kobe was doing)

•••
OMG. Thats really sad. RIP GOAT

•••
•••
A bit shocking, What a great life Kobe had and was blessed with, you left us to soon Kobe, RIP

•••
•••
Not to be insensitive but why do we care about this death vs the other 150,000 people that died today? Is it because he’s famous that we react irrationally?

•••
No, they said they don’t care. That’s why one guy goes viral everywhere when he dies. People only take the time to cry out when they feel attached. Meanwhile loads of others die with no compassion or sympathy from the masses.

Hey look at my feed, I loved this famous person that I never met!
Can you take your rant somewhere else? It seems a bit off topic (and I never complain about that), but this thread is about Kobe.

•••
3 posts made you tired?

I look at the big picture. It’s sad when people cry over one person and ignore everyone else. I get it, he’s famous so all others don’t count.

Some really stupid posting. Of course is sucks when anybody dies but the obvious is most people don't have memories/connections to those people or not as big of an impact on other people's lives. It could be simply a good memory, a break from a bad day, somebody to look up to etc.

Inspired lots of other players:

"Man I don’t even know where to start

I started playing ball because of KOBE after watching the 2010 finals. I had never watched ball before that and that finals was the turning point of my life. I WANTED TO BE LIKE KOBE. I’m so FREAKING SAD right now!!!! RIP LEGEND
Joel Embiid"

-----------
Just heard 9 on board

Last edited:
•••
The worst part might not be reported yet. One station said his 4 kids were on board...

•••
I am shocked. He was one of the greatest fighters I know :( Rest In Peace, legend!

•••
Last edited:
•••
😭😭😭😭.I am in shock.RIP Kobe.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back