Dynadot

discuss Keyword Research, Education and Value

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
Are "end users" familiar with the term "keyword"? Most end users aren't even familiar with the term "domain":xf.rolleyes:

If you want to educate yourself and potential domain buyers, i'd recommend you simply Google "keyword" and follow the surf. Besides things like length, age or extension of a domain, keyword status is very important imho.

Recently on NP there's been a lot of focus on domain appraisals. Other than with GD, has anyone found sources for keyword appraisals or values? I know there must be interest in this since both the domains KeywordTips.com and KeywordValue.com are registered, and the owners are asking big bucks for their domains.

What i find interesting is that GD values the keyword "Tips" at $1,800, and it states the average sales price for the keyword "Value" is $2,200.

How important is this "keyword" business to you? Any tips?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Keywords were all the rage prior to 2010 when google started aggressively updating their algorithms. When else could you sell date.org for 150k or anal.net for 90k. I tend to steer clear of keyword domains unless the price is right and it's .com Geos are about the only keyword domains I'll buy today like CityDentist.com even those may be endangered from all the .dental/.city/.industry extensions. Tides are changing, time to start a registrar :D

•••
Keywords were all the rage prior to 2010 when google started aggressively updating their.When else could you sell date.org for 150k or anal.net for 90k. I tend to steer clear of keyword domains unless the price is right and it's .com Geos are about the only keyword domains I'll buy today like CityDentist.com even those may be endangered from all the .dental/.city/.industry extensions. Tides are changing, time to start a registrar :D
"unless the price is right"? Not sure what you mean? I own a domain VirtualApology where both "Virtual" and "Apology" are considered keywords. This was a hand reg so it's my view the price was right. What am i missing?

Thanks for sharing Rich....is that you in the video? If so, you're not just good, you're real damn good:xf.smile:

•••
Yeah can't beat a hand reg, just not sure those keywords go hand in hand. What video the one on my website is a rickroll lol

•••
Yeah can't beat a hand reg, just not sure those keywords go hand in hand. What video the one on my website is a rickroll lol
I'm 72 and had never heard of a rickroll, but I know now and am lmao:ROFL:

As for VirtualApology.com I know people breakup over the internet and you can get an internet divorce so I thought sending an apology via email, zoom, skype, facetime etc. might work? But what do I know, I'm 72:xf.wink:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back