Dynadot

Keeping my discount with Hostgator?...Or?

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Hi,

Ok, not sure which sub-forum to put this in, as it's more about web hosting, so mods, feel free to move it where it should go.

So basically I'm getting Hostgator hosting, 6 months for $42 (I think it was a 60% off code, maybe 70%?). It's their multi-domain Baby-Croc package. I'm only hosting a handful of domains at present, but would like to keep the unlimited domains aspect. I don't use much bandwidth and never needed support, so I think I'd rate myself as a highly profitable customer for Hostgator, even at $42 for 6 months.

Problem is it wasn't a recurring discount. So if I want to continue I'd have to pay full whack...Nope, I'm not paying that.

So, is there anyway to persuade Hostgator to turn it into a recurring discount? Or, alternatively, would any reliable webhosters you guys would recommend, with the same features as Hostgator, match or better the $42 for 6 months deal, recurring?

Thanks for any replies.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you run a search on NP, chances are you'll find a thread -not too long ago- where there was a very useful conversation on hosting companies.
I'd totally recommend you try to find it since there are answers there on your questions.

•••
Drop Hostgator and find a reputable company that stands behind its service.

Do a quick search thru http://www.webhostingtalk.com/ and ask there. A number of smaller companies provide much better service than the large EIG offerings.

I use mddhosting.com and they are reasonable and give you a clean CPanel with no ads and garbage.
I've had one outage so far when they were upgrading their servers and whilst it didn't work well they were extremely communicative.

This is one of the reasons I like them:
https://www.mddhosting.com/unlimited-policy.php

You could probably get by with basic. You might find cheaper "bigger" plans. That other forum should be good - as long as you come back to NP. I hope posting WHT isn't against the rules.

If you're looking for way more hands on fun... lowendbox.com can hooks you up with cheap VPS.

Last edited:
•••
If you run a search on NP, chances are you'll find a thread -not too long ago- where there was a very useful conversation on hosting companies.
I'd totally recommend you try to find it since there are answers there on your questions.

I probably said Hostgator was ok back then on that thread :)

Things have changed - I moved to Arvixe from Hostgator and then they went down the tank after EIG bought them too ... I opened about 30 tickets over a 2 week period.... just to get an answer to a basic question.

Best to look at more recent discussion :)

•••
I probably said Hostgator was ok back then on that thread :)

Things have changed - I moved to Arvixe from Hostgator and then they went down the tank after EIG bought them too ... I opened about 30 tickets over a 2 week period.... just to get an answer to a basic question.

Best to look at more recent discussion :)

I'm with hostgator.. I know exactly what you're talking about.

I have moved to SSL, my main site has various elements not working right now (it's based on their websitebuilder which apparently has issues with SSL) and their answer to when it's going to be back working is : "we'll let you know" ... it's been like two months now and I see no progress.

•••
Hosting companies are reluctant to offer a recurring discount to their clients. Hence what the customers do is they leave and go to another web host. It would have been ideal if hosting companies offered recurring discount.

•••
I use host gator primarily, I'm a long time customer and will be moving off of their platform soon.

Check out THCservers "freek' package - $71.40 USD for a full year and you get the same package as the shared 'Baby Croc'.

If you don't need a great deal of bandwidth and don't use support this is a preferable option.

•••
Not sure if this is the one @Hypersot - it is one of the most recent at least
https://www.namepros.com/threads/who-is-your-personal-web-host.1003179/

and my host mentioned in that thread I exactly found years ago by doing a search at lowendbox like @DU suggested

Here was my input:
Rocket Scientists run the company and support and phenomenal pricing - I love my hosting company : grin :
Shared and Reseller http://BuyShared.net/ or Servers http://BuyVM.net

My plans are Reseller for my own use to have WHM and set up each domain as it's own CP. Been with them since 2014, excellent and fast service : thumbs up :

•••
Any recent thoughts on this conversation? I like HostGator and their customer support has always been great with me. Wondering if any other alternatives based on price?

•••
If you are looking for a good hosting provider with recurring discount then you can check out thewebhostingdir.com . They have nearly 1000 provider listed and you can compare different provider plans and also get coupon code discount listed on the site.
I would suggest you to go for a provider who is hosting assured with them.
You can also get a provider near you or you can choose a location you require.

•••
hi,

Hostgator is a stable company with average servers.

Prices are a bit more than a competition, and I'm not happy with their support ... I was their client for several years and when I realized that there were better and more favorable companies .. I immediately moved my web sites...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back