IT.COM

.tv Just got this notice from Name.com...

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
This is xxxx xxxxx, your Account Manager at Name.com. I'm reaching out to inform you of a price change for TV registrations that will be taking place on December 20, 2014. I apologize for the late notice, but we were just informed that the promotion is being ended. The TV registry is discontinuing the promotion of $10.99 TV registrations and as a result this pricing will no longer be available. We will be updating your TV registration pricing to match your renewal pricing that you currently have for your account. These changes will be made to your account after the promotion has ended, but we wanted to give you a heads up in case you want to register new TV domain names at the rate of $10.99 through Saturday December 20, 2014. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Low price = low barrier to entry = increased interest

However, the case that .TV provides a unique branding opportunity may be more evident now than ever before with the launch and barrage of promotion of other vanity TLDs. Perhaps Verisign believes that ending this promotion will not hurt the increasing adoption of .TV.

What do you think?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I received the same email today.

We now regularly see people paying $60 for a friggen Dot Pizza, or $80 for a goofy dot global domain so...

I seriously believe that the increased pricing going back up to $24/$25 per year will not affect the momentum and adoption of dot tv. It still makes better sense then most of the other 200 wtf tlds out there.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back