NameSilo

.tv Name.com Special!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
For folks still looking for registrations, Name.com allows .tv registrations with a 20% discount. Code is CyberFUNday. I was able to purchase a .tv for $8.79! I did ask if this applied to premium .tv's and due to the pricing by Verisign, they are not applicable. Would have been great to apply that to some names, but it is what it is. The special has been extended to Friday.

Have fun!

A

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This offer from name.com is certainly great for all of those who are interested in owning (and I assume selling) a name in just one year.

But, if you think a name is worth buying, why go for one year. Do all you names sell in their first year?

The offer, at the moment, seems to only be applicable for one year registrations, which means that in 12 months you will be paying almost FOUR times the amount to renew ($35). And that will be the same for every further year after that.

For those playing a longer game it may be considerably wiser to simply buy the name at the $10.99 a year fee but for a longer period.

The maths, by the way, for anyone interested in playing the five year game are as follows:

BUY SHORT TERM

Year One - $8.79

Decide to keep for year TWO means a renewal of $35

Decide to keep for year THREE means another renewal of $35

That's a total of $78.79 just for 36 months

BUY MEDIUM TERM

Years ONE to SIX bought on day one at $10.99 each equals $65.94

That's TWICE the years for over ten dollars less! And no renewal time effort every 12 months.

The offer from name is good, but it would be even better if the 20% was off everything you spent and not limited to just the first year.

•••
Although the math is something I can't argue, psychologically most domainers/investors won't play this game unless they are willing to extend out their overhead costs. Most folks are looking at the current situation to see if they can do a flip within a year or at times will simply drop the name. It's a pure hedge.

Personally, I am a longer term holder, so the strategy you mention would probably be more applicable.

A

This offer from name.com is certainly great for all of those who are interested in owning (and I assume selling) a name in just one year.

But, if you think a name is worth buying, why go for one year. Do all you names sell in their first year?

The offer, at the moment, seems to only be applicable for one year registrations, which means that in 12 months you will be paying almost FOUR times the amount to renew ($35). And that will be the same for every further year after that.

For those playing a longer game it may be considerably wiser to simply buy the name at the $10.99 a year fee but for a longer period.

The maths, by the way, for anyone interested in playing the five year game are as follows:

BUY SHORT TERM

Year One - $8.79

Decide to keep for year TWO means a renewal of $35

Decide to keep for year THREE means another renewal of $35

That's a total of $78.79 just for 36 months

BUY MEDIUM TERM

Years ONE to SIX bought on day one at $10.99 each equals $65.94

That's TWICE the years for over ten dollars less! And no renewal time effort every 12 months.

The offer from name is good, but it would be even better if the 20% was off everything you spent and not limited to just the first year.

•••
Dynadot: December 3: Take $1 off 1 year .TV Renewals
Use code 3HENS before 12/3/12 23:59 PDT

•••
I normally reg at dynadot for 5+ years at a time

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back