Dynadot

Just bought an awesome GD BIN auction domain, fake?

NameSilo
Watch

nick3

Established Member
Impact
Hi everyone,

I just bought an awesome generic .com domain at GoDaddy auction for around 70 euro BIN. I don't want to say the name yet, but this one could be sold for thousands, think even 50k+. So I am probably being scammed..? Of course I have to wait 14 days, but I am already looking forward to a GD email with bad news... Ever happened to anyone of you?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just out of curiosity, is your domain one of: apostolate, boarders, verification? These are the only ones nonadult and English names that meet your description. Whatever it is, even the worst 20 years aged words are selling for $2000 min. Domains above were at GD public auctions before, with "make offer" only. Maybe 90 days limit of the auction expired, the owner relisted it and put wrong BIN. Wish you good luck!
Domain is not one of the three you mentioned.

•••
I bought NUP.com for $250 on GD BIN and sold it for $25,000 on Flippa so anything is possible ;)

Wow. Good job man. What was the re-seller price of LLL.com's in 2013?

•••
If domain is not at godaddy, and the owner doesn't want to transfer it over, you will not be able to complete your transaction.

Faboulous is an advanced register, if the domain is there most likely the owner understands basic domain values.

If it was listed by the previous owner, then sold, then the new owner is not obligated to fulfill your request.

You made some big assumptions to the valuation of this name, this is kind of a waste of everyone's time at this point.

•••
If domain is not at godaddy, and the owner doesn't want to transfer it over, you will not be able to complete your transaction.

Faboulous is an advanced register, if the domain is there most likely the owner understands basic domain values.

If it was listed by the previous owner, then sold, then the new owner is not obligated to fulfill your request.

You made some big assumptions to the valuation of this name, this is kind of a waste of everyone's time at this point.
I just asked if this has happened to anyone and if it's fake. If you think it is wasting your time, don't read this thread..

•••
I just asked if this has happened to anyone and if it's fake. If you think it is wasting your time, don't read this thread..
Yes, it happens all the time, what else you want to know?

•••
Yes, it happens all the time, what else you want to know?
Well you are the first one who says it happens all the time. I know everything now and thread can be closed. I will respond to pm's if anyone is still interested.

Last edited:
•••
If you email auctions at godaddy.com they can look into the domain name for you and see if the seller is moving it. After 5 days you should have a link in your Won section of auctions.godaddy.com once you are signed in that will allow you to email the seller and ask for the transfer codes.

•••
I contacted GoDaddy support and they said they will send follow up email and within 7 days I should get the auth code. I will see.

•••
As expected:

It has come to our attention that the seller of streetwear.com does not own the domain and will not be able to complete the transaction as agreed. At this time we have taken action against the seller and have issued a refund for the purchase of this domain. Please let us know if you have any questions and we apologize for the inconvenience.

•••
As expected:

It has come to our attention that the seller of streetwear.com does not own the domain and will not be able to complete the transaction as agreed. At this time we have taken action against the seller and have issued a refund for the purchase of this domain. Please let us know if you have any questions and we apologize for the inconvenience.
Street Wear is not a single word, it is owned by a domainer to be parked at park logic

They probably make more per month in parking than the seller would net on the sale.

Last edited:
•••
Street Wear is not a single word, nor is it worth anywhere close to $50k?
I corrected myself at page 2 for the price. Yeah I was wrong about the single word.

•••
Wow, nice name. Sorry mate, was too good to be true.

At least now you know the truth, you can relax, good luck!

•••
I corrected myself at page 2 for the price. Yeah I was wrong about the single word.
Yes, if you had just mentioned the namservers, most here would have been able to guess that name was not going to be moving. The fact it is behind privacy is another security feature. It's very hard to find that golden nugget these days, those guys from overseas are constantly mining.

•••
As expected:

Streetwear. I had seen this domain at GoDaddy within the past week but did not notice the BIN. Either that and/or another NP member had mentioned the domain in chat. Though not a dictionary word, it falls into that category of New Age "compound" catchwords that would (IMO) qualify it as a one-word brandable name.

In fact this seals it for me:

https://www.namepros.com/search/5842751/?q=streetwear&o=relevance

Sorry that it didn't work out.

Last edited:
•••
Street Wear is not a single word, it is owned by a domainer to be parked at park logic

They probably make more per month in parking than the seller would net on the sale.
In 2017, it is a single word:

street·wear
ˈstrētˌwer/ noun
noun: streetwear; noun: street-wear
Casual clothing of a style worn especially by members of various urban youth subcultures.

Last edited:
•••
It happens all the time ,godaddy has the name in the account the customer lists it then when someone buys it ,they tell godaddy they don't want to sell it,they kill the sale . Godaddy claims they suspend sellers ,but that's total BS , the bigger the clent the more they kiss his A--

This happens all the time ,even I the sell side got an email claiming I sold a 50k domain ,
My manager at godaddy said it was almost as good as gold sold,because the buyer had purchased domains for that price before, low and behold guess what
the buyer backs out ,GODADDY SAYS ''THEY WILL BE PUNISHED This is so so so rare, cant remember when this happened last , Yea I remember happened to be 2 days ago. I got tipped off who is was and there was no action taken. The domain was BestCommercialProperty.com

Last edited:
•••
They make that vague statement "We are taking action against this individual" which leaves tons of room for them to do essentially nothing if they want.

•••
They make that vague statement "We are taking action against this individual" which leaves tons of room for them to do essentially nothing if they want.
I basically have all my godaddy domains listed at afternic unpriced ,so now when someone wants a quote afternic team gets in touch with me ,I just want them all priced out so they can just get the buyers to bite right away because there guys are good but real bad at follow up. The new tool gd created based on comparable sales is not bad. In order for godaddy to run my portfolio , for free appraise I have to redirect all my domain to afternic parking ,which is I cant really say a joke because I never had many redirected ,but as far as godaddy parking program ,they would be taking guys out in cuffs. IMO ,in all the years there ,I don't think I could go to the movies ALONE ,with the parking money from godaddy. Meanwhile in places like fabulous ,I have made 40-60 buck clicks ,My share.
I give afternic this they are really professional and they pay SUPER Fast ,this is the main reason I think gddy stock is going to triple in the next 2 years.

•••
•••
any update?

As expected:

OP is not going to get the domain

•••
•••
•••
I think it is worth more than the purchase price 70 & was going to get $xxxx for it. I have personally paid more for crapier names than that one. I suspect senior domainers did not buy because they knew/suspected it was a scam.

Last edited:
•••
This was unexpected, as usually when the name is revealed in the "I got a great deal on a domain worth big bucks" threads, it turns out to be some reg fee domain. Doesn't matter whether it's one word or two words - there is no shorter word that describes that category. This is a great name, and at $70, it would have been a complete steal. At that price, though, the red flags are all over the place.

Just as well GD didn't complete the transfer. If you turned around and unintentionally flipped a stolen name, you could really get burned in the end.

Last edited:
•••
Still dont get why people trying to scam because buyer gets refunded and scammer has no chance to receive the funds?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back