IT.COM

Just bought an awesome GD BIN auction domain, fake?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

nick3

Established Member
Impact
Hi everyone,

I just bought an awesome generic .com domain at GoDaddy auction for around 70 euro BIN. I don't want to say the name yet, but this one could be sold for thousands, think even 50k+. So I am probably being scammed..? Of course I have to wait 14 days, but I am already looking forward to a GD email with bad news... Ever happened to anyone of you?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Too bad, streetwear would have been a nice pickup at that price

•••
never mind.

Last edited:
•••
Well it's probably very normal. You can now buy capitalism.com for $149 BIN. What's the point of this..?
I just bought an other one which is probably also fake too.

•••
wow, another nice name, you keep finding these gems. I think soon you will find one that is not fake.

Agree, this one is probably fake too
might_be_fake.jpg

•••
Did you contact GD support to confirm?

•••
•••
•••
@nick3 well did not worked this time, who knows the future? Good Luck!

@tldboss how do know if they are fake or not? Thanks

•••
Hi @DiogoP

I said "Agree, this one is probably fake too"

I didn't say it was fake. I even suggested that he confirms with GD support to be 100% sure.

•••
Hi @DiogoP

I said "Agree, this one is probably fake too"

I didn't say it was fake. I even suggested that he confirms with GD support to be 100% sure.

Yes I know @tldboss , I was asking how do you know if a domain can be fake or not, just to understand.. I am new on this.. (y) Thanks

•••
Menus.com sold for $70 back in 199X and flipped for 25k...and in 2017 people buying 70Euro domain with 50k value? common now :))) It's not the lottery anymore
I think people definition of "generic .com domain" has been stretched a bit....
would have liked to own MENUS.COM

Last edited:
•••
This was a great read, worth staying up late for.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back