Dynadot

request Jason Newby, GoDaddy, who is he?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

webtitan

Restricted (Market)
Impact
There is one domain that expired and than registered(or maybe was bought at auction) at GoDaddy by Jason Newby.
Domain of itself does not represent anything and has zero value.

I sent many emails to this man, but received no response.

The database of service Domaintools shows that this man own near 20,000 domains

Someone knows about him any information?
Or maybe he is on this forum?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Wow. I had an interesting email conversation with Mr. Newby last week. He is squatting on the trademarked name of one of my businesses. I'm stuck using the plural variation of my business name as a domain name.
He seems to me a very sad angry man. I was very polite and professional and his email responses to me were angry, and defensive.
He attempted to extort me by offering to sell me the domain for $1,000 justifying his offer by telling me the legal process to get it would cost twice that.
He tried to get me to believe that he had intended to start a web design company with the domain name several years ago. LOL!
Just file a udrp if the domain is valuable and unique to your business. Yes it will cost a bit more than $1k but he will have to pay to defend or give it up.

•••
Wow. I had an interesting email conversation with Mr. Newby last week. He is squatting on the trademarked name of one of my businesses. I'm stuck using the plural variation of my business name as a domain name.
He seems to me a very sad angry man. I was very polite and professional and his email responses to me were angry, and defensive.
He attempted to extort me by offering to sell me the domain for $1,000 justifying his offer by telling me the legal process to get it would cost twice that.
He tried to get me to believe that he had intended to start a web design company with the domain name several years ago. LOL!

Hi Emily. As much as it sucks, filing a UDRP would cost more than double the $1,000 after factoring attorney fees. If you really want the domain, pay the $1,000 and move on with your business. Good luck.

•••
@Emily Journey
my little advice to you is to buy the name from him, if it is that important to ur business. he is fair to you. Comparing to other domainers that may quote high figures. Just try to negotiate well wit him.
He is the owner of the name. He is right wen he said it willl cost u much via legal means.

Back to the topic: most of the good names at dynadot are own by Jason, the three domains i bought was renew.
I avoid every name he owns now. I cant allow my money to be hanging a dynadot

Last edited:
•••

I wouldn't call $1k extortion. It seems like very little to pay to get your exact match domain name. Of course I don't know all the fiscal circumstances, and UDRP can be a lottery with a 1 person panel. But I would definitely buy the domain from him for $1k. Especially since you took the time to sign-up to NamePros and post this message.

•••
You should just say the domain. That way we could tell you quickly how to proceed...

•••
Why would the name of the domain matter?

•••
Why would the name of the domain matter?
Because if it's a generic name or phrase he can ask whatever he wants, regardless of the fact that you use it for business purposes.

•••
Because if it's a generic name or phrase he can ask whatever he wants, regardless of the fact that you use it for business purposes.

I see. If it were a generic name or phrase, I wouldn't have been able to trademark it. :D

•••
Also, because if whois shows he owned it before you registered for a trademark, then it is not squatting. That's like saying a real estate investor is squatting on a house that you want because he is not using it and you want it. Trademarks don't give your right of ownership.

•••
I see. If it were a generic name or phrase, I wouldn't have been able to trademark it. :D
Completely false. You may want to refer to "Apple" for better understanding...

•••
I'm a patient person. I just don't take kindly to being bullied and that's what Mr. Newby is doing at this point. So, I'll go through UDRP. It's not really a borderline case. It's pretty clear cut--especially with what I've received in writing from Mr. Newby.

•••
Also, because if whois shows he owned it before you registered for a trademark, then it is not squatting. That's like saying a real estate investor is squatting on a house that you want because he is not using it and you want it. Trademarks don't give your right of ownership.
He didn't register it prior to our business use.

•••
•••
okay, if he didn't register it prior to your business use, and it's not generic enough to be used as a different type of business, you won't have any problem winning the URPD. Hopefully you'll get the domain soon

•••
All depends on the name.

Last edited:
•••
I'm a patient person. I just don't take kindly to being bullied and that's what Mr. Newby is doing at this point. So, I'll go through UDRP. It's not really a borderline case. It's pretty clear cut--especially with what I've received in writing from Mr. Newby.

It's never as clear cut as it seems with a 1 person UDRP panel. If you are planning to file all the paperwork yourself without the assistance of a lawyer, it would be easy for you to miss something important. Whilst I admire your tenacity, I think for the sake of $1k, you are foolish to simply not buy the domain from him, cybersquatter, or not. Just my 2 cents worth of advice, without knowing all the facts.

•••
•••
Emily, it looks like he registered the domain in question a year before your business. If you want the domain, you should buy it.

•••
This is a great post offered in the Official NamePros Guide titled, Consequences of Registering Trademarked Domains.

•••
We need to know all of these facts before passing on judgement. If he registered it 1 year before you existed, you are not obligated to the name and he was actually being fair offering it for $1K

•••
This is a great post offered in the Official NamePros Guide titled, Consequences of Registering Trademarked Domains.

Did you trademark the name a year after this man registered the .com and not take this into consideration?

•••
•••
Emily, it looks like he registered the domain in question a year before your business. If you want the domain, you should buy it.

?

•••
Edited. Depends if Newby picked it up at auction. But the creation date of the domain in question precedes the trademark date. It also precedes the creation date of the domain Emily is using.

Last edited:
•••
Looks like he registered it before you decided to register the plural form, which you use as a business site. He could ask $100k if he wants.

That said, the domain you want is expired but will most likely be renewed.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back