Domain Empire

request Jason Newby, GoDaddy, who is he?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

webtitan

Restricted (Market)
Impact
There is one domain that expired and than registered(or maybe was bought at auction) at GoDaddy by Jason Newby.
Domain of itself does not represent anything and has zero value.

I sent many emails to this man, but received no response.

The database of service Domaintools shows that this man own near 20,000 domains

Someone knows about him any information?
Or maybe he is on this forum?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
He usually let's them expire and renews or transfers.

•••
He does have social media profiles in most networks, maybe you can try and contact him there?

•••
Correct. He lets many domains to expire and then watches the auctions for activity, before transferring them out. I once bought a $5 domain in the closeouts, and he then decided he would transfer it out. I've also caught a few domains he owned. It must be a major headache with 20k domains. That's an average of 50+ domains expiring, every day.

•••
having software to manage a large portfolio of domains would make it easier, purchase date and price details, price sold domain for, DNS information, notes, I would prefer an application can run locally, opposed to a cloud based or hosted sotwares

•••
@jiashua - You can have your very own, by building it with a spreadsheet.

•••
I've won about 8-10 expiring auctions in the last couple of weeks where Jason Newby ended up renewing at the last minute. Who is this wealthy troll?

•••
I think with godaddy you can do many things. Coupons, refusing to sell after the bid has ended, refusing to accept money (as seller), watching auctions and then deciding whether to renew it or not...

•••
I've had Hundreds tied up with winning domains he owned, two times in $xxx actually, and yeah, he always transfers out at the very last second. Now when I see his name associated with a domain I don't even bother to buy or bid.

Last edited:
•••
I think with godaddy you can do many things. Coupons, refusing to sell after the bid has ended, refusing to accept money (as seller), watching auctions and then deciding whether to renew it or not...

These were all dynadot auctions I was bidding on. I dont understand why registrars hold expiring auctions during the redemption period. Love how Name.com does their expiring. Instantly in your account when you hit buy now and pay.

•••
I nolonger bid on any dns he owns, as he like's to get off by watching people bid on his dn's..only then to renew and transfer out.

Total waste of my time.

•••
I have never come across him, prefer not to...

•••
Can't blame these guys though, when you have tens of thousands of domains, who's in a rush to fork over renewal fees every single day?

Last edited:
•••
@FX, I just can't stop laughing. Truname I know those names as I bidded on few as well. Just as someone said above, I have decided to stop bidding on anything he owns. Even when I lost out on CarringtonPark.com I didn't feel bad cos I knew he would renew it.

Lmaooo... That moment when you think you being frustrated but not knowing you are not alone lol.

•••
Doesn't smell right to me. Can anybody really see GoDaddy putting up with losing auction commission and renewal fees over and over?

•••
He is becoming the Ralph Pootawn of domaining.

•••
Doesn't smell right to me. Can anybody really see GoDaddy putting up with losing auction commission and renewal fees over and over?

In a word. Yes. They are making heaps on their total auction sales.

•••
Sounds like a TON of work and upkeep for portfolio that size!

-Omar

•••
I nolonger bid on any dns he owns, as he like's to get off by watching people bid on his dn's..only then to renew and transfer out.

Total waste of my time.
Bro please check your in box.

•••
Is there anyway of keeping track of domains he owns that are in redemption? I wasted way to much time this week winning expired actions , not knowing they where his and having him renew them

•••
Is there anyway of keeping track of domains he owns that are in redemption? I wasted way to much time this week winning expired actions , not knowing they where his and having him renew them
simply use whoisology.com to find out. Thank me later

•••
I'll thank you now. Thank You! If there are any other people that always let their names expire and then renew, let me know

•••
I've had Hundreds tied up with winning domains he owned, two times in $xxx actually, and yeah, he always transfers out at the very last second. Now when I see his name associated with a domain I don't even bother to buy or bid.

This ^^^.

I've had it happen to me probably 5 times or more at GoDaddy and once at Dynadot with names at auction that Newby owns.

•••
I always check whoisology to see if the previous owner was a domainer. I've won about 15-20 auctions at dynadot where Jason Newby was the owner according to whoisology.

Of those, I have caught him slipping on 2 of them in recent months. I sold a domain last week for low x,xxx that he didn't renew. He had owned the domain since 2010.

I will still bid, but will expectation of it likely being renewed after winning. The good thing is, he has so many names that it is unlikely that he has reached out to endusers on most of them.

•••
Wow. I had an interesting email conversation with Mr. Newby last week. He is squatting on the trademarked name of one of my businesses. I'm stuck using the plural variation of my business name as a domain name.
He seems to me a very sad angry man. I was very polite and professional and his email responses to me were angry, and defensive.
He attempted to extort me by offering to sell me the domain for $1,000 justifying his offer by telling me the legal process to get it would cost twice that.
He tried to get me to believe that he had intended to start a web design company with the domain name several years ago. LOL!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back